Author Topic: Ducting Losses  (Read 7395 times)

Offline jl222

Re: Ducting Losses
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 12:11:17 AM »

Butt he doesn't mention ''his roadster''.

JL222 :roll:

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 12:53:09 AM »
 JL, buddy, YER PICKING A NIT.

I assumed! BeCause -

that's the reason I would've asked the question.
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline Bville701

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 01:20:55 AM »
Mr. Bystander,

I understand your assumption of the topic of this thread, but I can assure you that it wasn't meant that way. This thread was started to get EVERYONE involved in this subject for EVERY application. This site is meant for many things and one of those things is to help people learn. I myself am still learning and continue to learn from everyone on this web-site, and I appreciate ALL of their input. Again, I understand where you are coming from, but it wasn't meant that way in the least bit.    :cheers:
Ryan LeFevers

701 C/GMR - 216.509 MPH El Mirage Record Holder

El Mirage "Dirty 2" Club Member

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 02:24:39 AM »
Fred... 2 liters....
nutz i am still waiting for an answer, i would really like to know how to design an air box..... i would really like to know if i designed all those airboxes for Yoshimura correctly (made 3 different ones in 1995 alone) your info would help cuz most of the pro stock motorcycles are using my general design i did for Byron Hines in 1992 ( revision of earlier design that i did for Pizza John Mafaro when he won the PSB championship in 1988) and those guys need more help to keep up the Harleys.... please enlighten me.... can i use the formula you used for your air box? can you repost your build of the airbox you made last year
Kent

Offline jl222

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2009, 03:09:18 AM »
Fred... 2 liters....
nutz i am still waiting for an answer, i would really like to know how to design an air box..... i would really like to know if i designed all those airboxes for Yoshimura correctly (made 3 different ones in 1995 alone) your info would help cuz most of the pro stock motorcycles are using my general design i did for Byron Hines in 1992 ( revision of earlier design that i did for Pizza John Mafaro when he won the PSB championship in 1988) and those guys need more help to keep up the Harleys.... please enlighten me.... can i use the formula you used for your air box? can you repost your build of the airbox you made last year
Kent

Kent your holding out on us :-D

JL222

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2009, 03:29:23 AM »
no just being a smart azz..... just one of my likable traits! :-D
Kent

Offline cheap-n-dirty

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 03:58:28 PM »
I have a question . Does the lost in velocity and the increase in pressure in the duct result in stagnant air above the engine air intake, and is the pressure from a forced induction result in the same stagnant air if volume of air is more than the engine can use at any time?
old age and treachery will overcome youth and enthusiam every time

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2009, 05:29:43 PM »
Tom Bryant did a lot of research and testing on scoops for his coupe. His web site is listed in the links tab for anyone that wants to contact him.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 05:55:28 PM by Glen »
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2009, 07:44:25 PM »
C&D---yes---that is the reason that the intake opening deminsion formulas on this and Sums site are there.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!