Author Topic: Modified sports C5 corvette  (Read 21219 times)

Offline bvillercr

Re: Modified sports C5 corvette
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2008, 10:30:07 AM »
Do you not run windows? I see the window net latch so I was wondering.

Many rules in LSR, we do run windows and a full safety net is required.  You do not want the exhaust pointing down, it will chew up the track at bville and El Mirage.

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2008, 11:48:27 AM »
You can see the thrust/down force we get using zoomies, look for the thrust of the exhaust between 34/35 seconds in. :cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJApvHuDpL0

Offline javajoe79

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2008, 12:43:42 PM »
 I guess I missed those rules. I need to read the book a few more times. :-)
Coffey Fabrication and Race Prep
313 Wilhagan Rd Nashville, TN 37217
615-210-1605

https://www.facebook.com/CoffeyFabrication

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2008, 12:51:39 PM »
look at 24 seconds---I think you are stretching you tie downs and are climbing the roller---settles back down when you back off at 34
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline jl222

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2008, 04:14:58 PM »
I guess I missed those rules. I need to read the book a few more times. :-)

Hi javajoe

When we first built 222 we had the exhaust parallel to the ground but it raised such a dust cloud and threw pebbles at cars in line behind us it was suggested to us to do something about it if we wanted to run at El Mirage
again.

JL222 :-D

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2008, 05:25:47 PM »
look at 24 seconds---I think you are stretching you tie downs and are climbing the roller---settles back down when you back off at 34

Sparky look at what is comming out of the zoomies not the movement of them.  You can see the exhaust fumes extend well over the top of the car.  Turbos won't give you that thrust.

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2008, 07:26:30 PM »
Turbos won't give you that thrust.

Really?
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline revolutionary

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2008, 10:24:05 PM »
Chris, I was thinking about your combo and the engine can be done in such a way that you can run it NA, though down on power, with nitrous if you want to go medium fast and again with the turbo setup later on.  A cam change here, a head gasket there...Wendell just has to know that like the grand am cars it has to be bombproof and spending a little more now on parts will pay off in the long run.
Breaking Wind #9614
  ECTA Record AA/BGALT 214.8
  SCTA Bonneville PB AA/BGALT 237.4
Breaking Wind "Spirit of Effluvium" #451
  SCTA Bonneville Record SC/BF100 48.931

Offline javajoe79

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2008, 11:25:32 PM »
Chris, I was thinking about your combo and the engine can be done in such a way that you can run it NA, though down on power, with nitrous if you want to go medium fast and again with the turbo setup later on.  A cam change here, a head gasket there...Wendell just has to know that like the grand am cars it has to be bombproof and spending a little more now on parts will pay off in the long run.
Bombproof is his main concern I think. He is willing to pay alot for it as long as it stays together. Thanks alot Daryl for your input. Your knowledge is indispensable. Please keep this engine in your thoughts. I hope that I can convert these guys to RPM power instead of the other guy in NC. For anyone on here who needs a truly thoughtfully built powerplant, Daryl is your man.

Thanks also to the rest of you guys for your input. Anything helps as this will be the first car of this type for me to build.
  We have to see how money shapes up in the next few months but I hope to be able to make some sort of start on this car, this winter.
615-210-1605

Offline javajoe79

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2009, 10:43:39 PM »
Well aside from acquiring the car, I have made no progress. My bosses told me that they can't afford me this year so I am moving back to Tennessee.
Hopefully I will still build this car in the future but for now it is on hold. Damn economy.
 :-(
I am still on here now and then but just lurking and reading up on all the great info this site has to offer.

I still plan on coming to Bonneville this year, maybe with some guys from Tennessee.

See you then folks.
615-210-1605

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2009, 10:52:22 PM »
Bummer, It was good to meet you at El Mirage.  If you get to Bville stop by our pits you are always welcome. :cheers:

Troy

Offline javajoe79

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2009, 11:22:13 PM »
You too man. I will stop in at Bonneville to see you. I want to see that monster run again.
615-210-1605