Author Topic: Russ Wicks race car  (Read 7585 times)

dwarner

Russ Wicks race car
« on: February 14, 2009, 08:29:00 PM »
Thanks to Gary Cole(lvsalt) I found this ebay motors item listed. This is Russ' first record holder. Go to ebay motors/race car/page 6.

Russ' next car, the ex-Kenny Schrader Dodge, that ran in 2007 was on display at the NHRA Wally Parks Museum where I saw it during the Grand National Roadster Show in late January.

DW

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline lvsalt

• http://www.dcwaterjet.com
Re: Russ Wicks race car
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 08:49:35 PM »
I wasnt sure how to post the link THANKS  :?
Gary Cole     DCWATERJET Z

dwarner

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 09:17:28 PM »
4B Mike,

If I ever have a problem finding stuff on the Internet I can always rely on you.

I thank you and Gary thanks you(I'm sure),
DW

Offline ginge

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 10:52:43 PM »
looks like the dodge is on its way to new zealand to have a crack at the new zealand land speed record.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motoring/news/article.cfm?c_id=9&objectid=10570725

The fastest Nascar in the world is heading to New Zealand to star in the third annual Speedshow at the ASB showgrounds.

Driven by multiple land and water speed record-holder Russ Wicks, the Nascar-spec (National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing) Dodge Charger set the world land speed record for Nascar of 397km/h in 2007 on the Bonneville Salt Flats.

Now, its new owner Ken Vincent will use the car in an attempt to break the current New Zealand land speed record of 348.24km/h held by Aucklander Owen Evans.

"But before the New Zealand land speed record attempt, the Nascar will be on show exclusively at Speedshow'09 in September," says Vincent, who was a world champion and held his own world record in NHRA drag racing at just 17 years of age when living in the US.

Speedshow organiser Keith Sharp is delighted to have the opportunity to show such a unique car. "It's fantastic that Ken has agreed to make the car available to Speedshow exclusively. The photos of the car at Bonneville look amazing and it's worth searching for Russ Wicks on YouTube.com to see more about this successful world record attempt".

Property investor Vincent has enjoyed a long and varied competitive motorsport career in New Zealand after returning from the US with his family in the early 1970s.

"I've been fortunate to race all kinds of cars, including dragsters, rally cars, and various circuit racers, but sprint cars and speedway are probably my all-time favourite," says Vincent, who was the 1973 New Zealand sprint car champion.

"I have always liked the idea of trying to set a new land speed record for New Zealand and I decided that if I was going to do it, I'd like something like a Nascar around me.

"You know that these cars are seriously well built when you watch the Nascar guys walk away from massive crashes, as happened just the other week to Carl Edwards at Talladega.

"This car is a genuine Nascar, built for racing at Talladega, and modified by Russ Wicks and his American Challenge team to run the straight line course across the Bonneville Salt Flats. Russ is actually the only living driver to have set official speed records of over 200 miles [321km/h] on both land and water, so it's something of a privilege to now own one of his record-breaking cars."

Vincent has yet to confirm when he will attempt the New Zealand land speed record, the holder of which receives the Castrol trophy from MotorSport New Zealand.

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 11:39:32 PM »
Wow, first post and its about Nascar.  :-o

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 11:46:40 PM »

HERE WE GO AGAIN!
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 12:00:27 AM »
Forget about NASCAR,  Interested Bystander, bring the picture back! That was a face only a mother could love or a very drunk man.  :-o
Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 12:01:00 AM »
I wonder what the Kiwi land speed record is???

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline willieworld

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 12:01:31 AM »
i wasnt aware that there is a nascar land speed record--you must have a different rule book than i do --could you please point out where these records exhist   thanks  willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline desotoman

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 01:28:40 AM »
Willie,

I think Cook timed him at a private meet on bonneville.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Stainless Two

• newest member of the 199.9 club :)
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 10:43:26 PM »
for Guinness, I think it said...
Look at my new RED HAT!!!!

#278 1000CC APS-G 208.959MPH record
209.093 mph best time

pit bitch to #1000 Bockscar

Proud to be a Texan!  in San Antonio