Author Topic: Fixed back seat?  (Read 2948 times)

Offline ray321

• New folks
Fixed back seat?
« on: February 13, 2009, 11:11:33 PM »
 I am waitting for the rule book so in the mean time I am looking for some short answers. I am hoping to run in the G/PS class with a chevy cobalt my question is a fixed back seat required to run to 140?

Offline MiltonP

Re: Fixed back seat?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 10:24:14 AM »
Welcome to the Party!  The rear seat and passenger seat may be removed in the production sedan and coupe class.  In the Street class, which you are also a candidate for if street legal, you can remove the rear but I have heard both ways on the passenger seat.  By the book, it appears the passenger seat should still be in place.

I should note that a production/oem driver seat may be used up to 135mph with 4 mph wiggle room.  Not sure that is an issue for the Cobalt unless it is supercharged.  It is hard to achieve a vehicles top speed in oem configuration in that mile!   :roll:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 10:26:58 AM by MiltonP »

Offline ray321

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 10:39:20 AM »
 The cobalt is supercharged with a couple of extras under the hood

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 11:05:30 AM »
OK...Supercharged 2.2 puts you in one of the following two classes.  F/PS (F is 2.0-3.0 litre) where the record was 174 mph thru 2007 or F/BGSS (Blown Gas Super Street) where the record was 191 thru 2007.  What could comer into play is whether you have to have safety equipment matching the current record in your class or if you will be covered by the 135 rule.  You would at the least be able to run TO (time only) as long as you kept to the 135 rule.  I wouldn't put the class info on the car until you go thru tech or get official word on which class you should run.  Don't fret over those fast records.  Come down and run and see how hooked you get.  Then you can worry about speed!   :cheers:

Offline ray321

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 12:12:43 PM »
The cobalt is a 2.0 liter engine.

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 02:53:55 PM »
Ok....earlier model.  Welcome to G class then.  Blown Gas Super Street for G was 177mph but production Supercharged sits at 139.454 which may be why you have been talking 140!   :roll:   Looks like you will need to tech for the next level beyond 135 to set the record as I am 99% sure they won't give you a time slip for 140+ if you only tech for 135mph.  May not take too much additional work though.  I am not sure if the monster Evo that ran 221 on fuel won't be turning off his nitrous and running that class.  You will definitely have your work cut out for you if he does!

Offline 1 fast evo 2

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 04:09:47 PM »
I don't think I will be running in the gas class, G/BGSS this season but that is only  because my friend that helps me at the Maxton will be racing an eagle talon that I have helped out with alot of the info to build it right. He is also very knowledable on these cars.

P.S. -Miltonp-  I haven't sprayed the nitrous in my car yet, boost only so far. I just run this class so that I don't have to go to the gas guys and have my new can of gas certified which I could do, but why pay the extra 20 bux for that.

ray321-If your car is fast I would try and get as much safety gear as possible in your car. If it's just a quick street car I would get all the equipment to run 135 and come out to have a bunch of fun, then if you want to go faster there are plenty of people who can help you out with all the safety gear you will need to get there.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 04:18:19 PM by 1 fast evo 2 »
E.C.T.A. 200 MPH club
Winner HOTROD TOPSPEED CHALLENGE (superstreet) 2008
My EVO 2 - 8.96@158 mph in the 1/4
221.4 mph at Maxton sept. 08
223.6 mph at the Texas mile oct. 08
237.6 mph at Maxton april 2010