Author Topic: LRS vrs. NAS.CAR technology  (Read 16303 times)

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: LRS vrs. NAS.CAR technology
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2009, 08:11:02 AM »
Give him time Jerry, maybe he is on the road again....  :roll:
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2009, 09:51:56 AM »
Well guys, I think I know why the bird flew the coop. TBird and Pap started all the talk about the frammistan invasion. Pap said he worked for the #28 car at Yates racing in the engine dept. He also said to me in a PM that he was the one that punch Ricky Rudd in the nose at the track several years back. He also told me his real name, unknowing to him that I worked in the same dept as that guy at Yates and there names don't match. I tried to ask him direct questions about him and Pap and could not get a answer. There were several things he said that threw a red flag. My guess is Tbird and Pap are just a couple trouble makers and should be band from the forums. I hate it when someone uses the identity of a friend of mine just to jack everyone up. If I am wrong about this I apologise to all.
It is interesting to see the claims some people will make on a public forum. Don't they realize that any one in the world with internet access can see this and that they may be called on their (not there) comments? With the way both have dodged questions since they have been here, I to have suspected  their (not there) motives. But don't ban them, I think DW is having fun with them.
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2009, 10:05:41 AM »
TSalt, I thought we all were having fun... not just DW.   Did I mention I helped re-invent the B-52....  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2009, 10:36:31 AM »
The plane, the band, or the drink? :-D :-D :cheers:
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2009, 10:57:40 AM »
Thundersalt,

With it being Stainless, it would HAVE to be the drink!!  :cheers:  :evil:

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline DrofRockology

• my blog
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2009, 11:05:22 AM »
I saw the design today Ray has done a great job in the LSR design it's way advanced in aero design technology. Talk to Ray or go by the shop in my opinion they are advanced like Richard Noble in ALSR the Stock Car technology and engineering is a good blend with an NHRA drag racer. Doug's dad is involved with this design as well great team great driver to see it through to a new land speed record.

you saw it on tv!  you don't have an inside channel or connection.  you didn't even make it to pomona.

Evernham is a master in Stock Car and LSR

ba57 is a masturbator in lsr!

drag racing too!  why would you build a car for which there is no category?

that blown alky t-bird is about as practical as running a stock car at bonneville.

guess you can claim anything if you have no competition.

oh wait!

i forgot: craig breedlove has announced you as the heir to the alsr title.

surely he wouldn't lie about that just to get a moron of of his back!  :roll:

you really must be the expert!
gregory w. gillette
aka: monty wolf (not monte wolfe)

"fear is never boring!"

read all about it: http://montywolf.blogspot.com/

Offline sabat

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2009, 11:24:55 AM »
Well guys, I think I know why the bird flew the coop. TBird and Pap started all the talk about the frammistan invasion. Pap said he worked for the #28 car at Yates racing in the engine dept. He also said to me in a PM that he was the one that punch Ricky Rudd in the nose at the track several years back. He also told me his real name, unknowing to him that I worked in the same dept as that guy at Yates and there names don't match. I tried to ask him direct questions about him and Pap and could not get a answer. There were several things he said that threw a red flag. My guess is Tbird and Pap are just a couple trouble makers and should be band from the forums. I hate it when someone uses the identity of a friend of mine just to jack everyone up. If I am wrong about this I apologise to all.

Thanks for the heads-up Jerry, it's frustrating to suspect that someone is a jackass, but strangely rewarding when it's confirmed. -Dean 

:cheers:

McRat

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2009, 12:23:20 PM »
I don't know anything about N^SCAR technology other than what I've read.  But building high output V8 pushrod engines that lasts 500 miles certainly has relevance to LSR.  Although it ain't doing too much for anyone with less than 4 tires, or anyone running an engine made in this century. :-D 

dwarner

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2009, 12:40:55 PM »
This is a personal message I sent to BA57 explaining the reason I closed the Russ Wicks thread:

Jim,

I hope that you relaize that the thread was far off topic, that is why I closed it and started a new thread more closely associated with the flow.

I closed the thread because I don't want to take anything away from Russ. He used his talents to get the tools he needed to accomplished his goal. His long term intentions are what everything he does are pointed to.

My intent was not to drive anyone away from the forums. I want to keep the threads on topic and of interest to everyone.

I also received a PM from pap today. I wrote him a couple of the reasons I thought they became the bad guys and invited him and BA57 to continue their posts.

DW

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2009, 04:00:16 PM »

How come you guys are talking about LSR when the topic was CLEARLY LRS? :cheers:

Oh, and is vrs. the same as versus or vs. or v.? (vs. and v. are acceptable for versus.) :cheers:

And I think it's NASCAR not NAS.CAR.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Somebody mentioned that the NASCAR rules were archaic. NASCAR rules have always been about leveling the playing field to get better racing. Cheating has gotten more publicity mostly because NASCAR is the big dog in racing. There is cheating in all forms of racing, yes, including LSR.

Comparing it to LSR? Why? The rules in NASCAR didn't evolve around the fastest possible platform, but the one that would give the best racing.

F1 is technology wonder land. Where else do you see different body work designed just for that particular race track. The F1 exhaust system is designed to last one race and get replaced. They have three guy that do nothing but exhaust systems. But racing? Not in F1 there are more passes made in the pits then there are on the track.

The Honda F1 team took a whack at Bonneville and had all sorts of problems. But if anybody put an F1 budget to LSR than anything would be possible.

Saying that the the Herbert team is going to go 500 mph is as much fantasy as saying 5,000 mph. Aerodynamics can't be that much better than the Poteet/Main car, and probably not as good. Horsepower has never been a problem, getting it to the ground has been. The coefficient of friction isn't going to change no matter what they do. The Poteet/Main car I'm pretty sure has a very advanced traction control, and the Herbert car better have one too.

Unless you are going to bolt a thrust motor to it you still have to accelerate through the tires. 500 mph takes an increasingly longer chuck of territory that just isn't available. No matter how much money, science, technology and voodoo you pour into the project you still can't go out and get testing time, can you?

How long did it take the Burkland team? It takes some kind of dedication to stick around year after year battling demons to get over night success. I wonder how many total passes the Burkland team has made over the last 12 years. It took Gene 11 years before the first pass, 4 years to break 400. And don't forget the years were there were no runs because of bad salt or rebuilding.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2009, 08:01:14 PM »

How come you guys are talking about LSR when the topic was CLEARLY LRS? :cheers:

Oh, and is vrs. the same as versus or vs. or v.? (vs. and v. are acceptable for versus.) :cheers:

And I think it's NASCAR not NAS.CAR.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Hey, Dean -

It seems that when I enter the acronym for the National Association of Stock Car Auto Racing, the word frammistan comes up.  Perhaps you have a workaround, or something has changed -

. . . or are you cheating? :-D

That was me, beefing about stock cars, and it really wouldn't be such a bee in my bonnet if it weren't for the fact that they still call them "Stock Cars".

Here's my point - if you look back at the Hollman-Moody Fords, the Petty Plymouths, and the Penske Matadors, each had a whole lot more in common with the cars that they started out as than anything circling Daytona this week.  The drivetrain layout was the same, the engine options included unmodified versions of what was on the track, and a person could buy a V-8 Matador and pretend they were Mark Donahue.  Now I'm not so foolish as to say they were "Stock", but they were sure a lot closer the the ideal of a Stock Car than what we see today.

That was always the magic of Stock Car racing for me, along with Trans-Am in the early '70's.  As someone interested in production based autoracing, I think NASCAR has missed the boat by not moving forward with development of current technologies - OHC V-6's and fuel injection comes to mind.

I guess I'm just a romantic, but using fifty year old engine designs, regardless of how refined they have become, in cars that weren't on the drawing boards when the last small block Ford was cast, and then calling them "Stock Cars", tells me that the folks at the National Association of Stock Car Auto Racing are Luddites and charlatans.

But given the popularity of the sport, I know I stand in the minority on this issue.

Cheers! :cheers:

"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

dwarner

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2009, 09:14:07 PM »
LRS was entered in my haste and passion

NAS.CAR was to get around the word filter

vrs? Blame the LAUSD

DW