Author Topic: Services  (Read 2562 times)

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
Services
« on: February 07, 2009, 01:07:27 PM »
Just an Idea but do you reckon it might be an idea to start a page as to good Suppliers bad Suppliers and a list of services they supply maybe reviews of there performance  and service
At the end of the day we all want something sometime from someone so what about a review page good service is well worth rewarding and its always nice to be forewarned of bad.

Just an Idea
Whinging Limey Oz
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

dwarner

Re: Services
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 01:46:05 PM »
I always request the potential buyer to use those who advertise in our rulebook. They are LSR aware and are concerned for your safety.

DW

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 02:23:19 PM »
Yup but there is a big wide world out there and user experience is always a good thing we are all after a bargain and if we can get a good deal and good service we all should know about it, we should also know about pit falls of other less scrupulous companys and user experiences.
as i said in another post I have nothing but praise for most of the Companys I have dealt with but I do think that there is room for a user thread on suppliers.
I aint looking to slate any companys and i often look through the SCTA book for suppliers but especially for us Brits and Bikers parts to conform to your rules are kinda awkward to obtain and if you can get them are real expensive hence most of my parts come from the States.
Not everything you want is in the book.
so what do you think?
Time for a new thread?
 i aint looking to black list anyone i have a list as long as my arm for companys that have helped no end.

Whinging limey Oz
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 03:44:42 PM »
Oz, my thoughts are along the lines of -- I'd rather keep the site on a positive note.  The companies that provide poor service, in whatever guise, are known to those that have dealt with them, and the Forum members are willing enough to tell you whom those are.  Ask -- you'll get a response.  I know, I know -- it's a clunky way to find out something, and simply referring to a list of bad guys would be easier.  But I want to think of the long-term viability of the site -- and that includes making it a place where potential advertisers would like to spend a few bucks promoting their products.  If such a firm were to sign on and see that I've put up a list of "bad companies" -- said advertiser might well be less likely to spend a buck on landracing.com, if for no other reason than as a simple show of support to another business-person.  That is -- "If they bad-mouth" him -- maybe they'd do the same to me."

I don't mean to say that I'll request anyone from keeping bad experiences with vendors to himself and not on this site -- but I don't want to promote that with a topic on the Forum. 

I will promise, though -- that if there's a definite instance where a firm is delivering bad service or product -- I'll heartily endorse negative comments about it.

How's that?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 04:07:12 PM »
Cool, as i said often as not my experiences have been very good with eveyone I have dealt with and to tell you the truth maybe i am just a bit impatient at times.
When I post I always give Praise to the people that have helped and always try and give thanks.
I understand that the site cannot be biased in any way shape or form,
Just Thought praise  where praise is due and buyer beware when bad experiences have been had.
Its early days yet and I may find I have to eat my words from another topic yet..... I hope so...

Cheers Oz