Author Topic: First Record  (Read 7298 times)

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
Re: First Record
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 06:59:00 AM »
Thanks for the kind wordsTodd. I look forward to seeing you guys soon.  :cheers:
Thank you to all the volunteers

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 06:18:16 PM »
Dang Todd,,, did not know you was a cake baker too !!!!!  LOL
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline relaxedfit

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 07:46:10 PM »
Shake & bake brother---Shake & bake! Thanks for fixing my watch too.
Ken Presson
Having nothing to do in shutdown is our goal

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 08:16:44 PM »
And I did not catch his name . But there was an honored guest at the October meet . A veteran racer from Bonneville. Everyone gave him a big hand at the drivers meeting.
Anyhow ,I was sitting on the starting line and it was wet . He came over and offered to wipe my face shield.
Wow.

I think that was Dan Warner. He is one of the best of the best.
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

dwarner

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 08:39:32 PM »
Thanks for the stroke Mike. Fogie and I were at Maxon for the April meet so it must have been some one else.

DW

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 08:44:11 PM »
I knew you were there some time last year.  :oops:

As for the rest..........  :-P
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 11:01:15 PM »
Shake & bake brother---Shake & bake! Thanks for fixing my watch too.
:-D  :cheers:

And I did not catch his name . But there was an honored guest at the October meet . A veteran racer from Bonneville. Everyone gave him a big hand at the drivers meeting.
Anyhow ,I was sitting on the starting line and it was wet . He came over and offered to wipe my face shield.
Wow.

You had your shield wiped by one of the best (and one of fastest of early 70's salt) Eric, that was Warner Riley. As a matter of fact he's almost as fast as he is humble (and that ECTA meet he attended was his 45th anniversary to the day of first setting foot on the salt as well as his 5th anniversary of first running with us at Maxton). Warner still holds records today with us from 2003 when he ran the late Dennis Stemp's street bike built and tuned by Carl Morrow (another name well worth looking up if you don't know it).  Look at the (very suprising to me) pics Freud posted recently on page 12 of the "Old Bonneville Pictures" thread, and you'll see some shots of Warner's bike (and one with him in it even) that went 212mph and captured a 202mph record. At anyrate... he (and all the others running at the time) are well worth studying up on (and even better to listen and learn from first hand of course). By the way there's more to learn from in those 4 photos (and don't forget that very rare one of Scott Guthrie just above it as well), and taking time to read about or talk to some of these guys... then there are in many passes down the concrete (and just as much if not more fun depending on your interest in LSR history).   

I think that was Dan Warner. 
Fogie and I were at Maxon for the April meet so it must have been some one else.
DW

Dan, one thing that will never be mistaken is anyone else on this planet for you or Alan. You two are as hmmmm,,, how do I say this... as rare as they come - and I mean that in the absolute best of ways (unless of course you're reading this and ever on the recieving end of one of these guys practical jokes).
Spending time with you two was up there on the unforgetable list of ECTA meets, and we've been to a good 40 or more of them I'm sure. 
:cheers:

The poor rental car begging to be returned:

The poor... well I'm really not sure which is worse off in this pic now that I think of it:

Can't wait for any of your returns (sure wish we could get Freud out here next)... we love you celebrity types being on site as it makes some us regular's mistakes go much less noticed by the newbies.  :wink:
Todd
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 11:05:49 PM by narider »

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2009, 06:08:37 PM »
  Thanks Todd I hope to meet Mt Riley again someday. Maybe on the salt.
 What is the name of the unsung hero that stands at the gate seining everyone in and putting on arm bands.
She should get a trophy for the most thankless job of all. She cant even see the cars go down the track.
Thank you to all the volunteers

Offline White Monster

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2009, 10:51:53 AM »
Eric, congratulations !!

.. I hope to get my first one this year.

:wink:
Be safe, go fast, have FUN !