Author Topic: New bike dyno  (Read 9105 times)

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
Re: New bike dyno
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 09:02:53 PM »
  well, i was right figuring 'larry' was two busa.
will have to touch base w/ him soon.
franey

Yes, that would be "Larry" - LMAO  :-D
Give him a ring, I'm sure he'd thoroughly enjoy talking to you, he just got back from picking himself up a 454 and trans for one of his Cadillacs.

I thought Todd said he didn't have the right fitting to get from grill tank to forklift -- although those two tools do share the same very-coarse left-hand thread on our units.  Hey, he had Busa Todd as a helper.  Go back to the TV show a few weeks ago -- the one we roasted so sincerely -- and you'll see a couple of seconds of "that" Todd at the end of the long course - doing a bit of the Busa Todd happy dance.  That's the very same guy that was a hero on the above story.

Yes Jon, you are correct about the LP connections and the hired help, and I'll follow and back it up by pointing to what Deb wrote and simply state... "Yeah, what she said".

everything screws together somewhere

That's my favorite new saying, Bob :-D :-D

I hear ya Randy... I'm going to put that one right under the sign that says
Everyone screws up sometime
Together they finalize that elusive "Where and When" question that remains the constant unknown.

One thing I found out after a few phone calls and plenty of time listening to Stainless, SpeedLimit1000 and Marty in Bonneville.... is they can all be highly philosophical when they aren't exactly trying to (haven't quite figured out if it's by mistake or just comes natural yet, but with the commonality of it I'd have to say the latter).
"Extreme words of wisdom in fairly incomplete sentences" is what I was noticing on a regular basis. It made me close my mouth and open my ears more and more as the week went on... and even more so during week 2. Not to mention it finally shed some light on how Slim got so smart and philosophical himself (that is, from other means then the training Nancy has bestowed upon him).
Todd

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 11:08:12 PM »
Damn, its great when you can catch them young and impressionable... right Slim...
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2009, 10:01:28 PM »
Stainless, you're younger than me.  Can I reason from that that you're impressionable, too?  If that's the case you'd be welcome to buy dinner to try to make a good impression.

No, wait, it'd be the other way around, wouldn't it?

PS  Did anyone notice that I've removed the N-car word from the cuss filter?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Freud

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2009, 11:07:46 PM »
Slim, what is a NOOKIE car?

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2009, 09:48:50 AM »
It's what most of the guys (not me, of course, being the angelic little kid that I was) drove when they were in high school.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com