Author Topic: Looking at some Bike Options  (Read 8145 times)

Offline Cole222

• Recluse Holster
Re: Looking at some Bike Options
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2009, 11:19:41 PM »
The Triumph Speed Triple is a Great bike for about any type of riding on the road. I put 65,000 mile on a 2000 with everything from touring to Nova Scotia to track days. But if your goal is to achieve a record it would not be the bike due to the competition that is already in that class.

The Suzuki 750 will give you something that will be competetive and it sounds like would have a story to go with it. Of course set up would have you staying up late at night both dreaming of what can be done and then doing it.
What worked out for me was an Ebay Triumph 600 that was already turbo charged. I only had a few sleepless nights. Keep learning and before you know it you will be joining all the great people on this forum.

Tod
"Form and function are the opposite sides of the same coin." R Reagan

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2009, 11:43:20 PM »
I think I may be 'Double-Joined?' already since I have run both Maxton and Bonneville on 4 wheels, however; they say it takes two to tango so I am probably going to have to give 2 wheels a shot as well.  Note that I said Double-Joined, not Double-Jointed! :roll:

Still trying to define my goals.  I dove to 197 feet back in my adventurous scuba diving days and never gave it much thought back then but being that close to 200 and not making it is not something I think I want to repeat with racing.  Fastest I have been on a bike in the past is around 85 mph but those who have ridden old BMW Paris-Dakars understand why I stopped there!  Never was a fear factor just didn't like getting beat up in the breeze.  I expect the sport riding position combined with a modern steering stabilizer to be a much more comfortable experience at higher speeds.

PS - That green looks like the Speed Triple I looked at

Offline relaxedfit

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2009, 04:41:32 PM »
Triumphs! PLEASE more Triumphs! I'm giving them a bad name.
Ken Presson
Having nothing to do in shutdown is our goal