Author Topic: Ticket to Utah.  (Read 9209 times)

landracing

Re: Ticket to Utah.
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 08:54:01 PM »
My post Is 100% accurate... And it was No slam to the SCTA... Some of the bikes at BUB's are Illegal by SCTA standards and therefore only run BUB event, that was the meaning of my previous post.
Hell a large portion of the BUB's bikes who set records at the AMA BUB event were ILLEGAL by BUB and AMA standards and own rules running in their own event.  And their (AMA) reply was, after proving to them they were illegal was, well we will try to do better next year but the records stand (knowing they were illegal)... A credible organization would have said shoot we messed up and we can not allow those records...
I then challenge anybody to argue about illegal bikes running last year at BUB's setting records and the AMA let it go....

JonAmo
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 08:56:26 PM by landracing »

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 09:49:08 PM »
If I fly into Vegas and rent a car there ??
1. Will I have a "salt waiver" like I hear you encounter at main stream car rentals in SLC ?
2. How far is the drive from Vegas to Wendover ?

Thanks

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 10:08:40 PM »
I don't see how this could even be debated.  If you are a first timer at Bonneville you must go to Speed Week.  You will see everything there, roadster, coups, cars, streamliner, and yes plenty of bikes.   :cheers:

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 11:29:22 PM »
Depending on how well you read speed limit signs, it can take (should take)  :roll: about 5 hours to drive from Vegas to Wendover.  It's about an hour to hour and a half from SLC.  If you don't mention going to Wendover, they'll still rent you a car in SLC.  Unless you're big on gambling or just want to see the sights of Las Vegas, don't go there!!  120 miles versus 360...uhh, yeah, I'd go with SLC!  Of course, I could be prejudice too!!  :-D

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

landracing

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2009, 02:08:24 AM »
I don't see how this could even be debated.  If you are a first timer at Bonneville you must go to Speed Week.  You will see everything there, roadster, coups, cars, streamliner, and yes plenty of bikes.   :cheers:

100% Pure Wisdom in that post.... You are a god.....

JonAmo

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2009, 09:14:45 AM »
I wanted to go to Speed week originally. BUT my lovely wife comes first. So of the entire summer that is the week of her big ride.1200 kilometers non stop on a bicycle .So I cant go to speed week . I would rather drive out and stay for a whole 10 days and do it right .maybe bring my bike.

I just got this ticket because my wife bought two tickets to San Fransisco for Valentines day. We are so in love (And married for ten years) We decided on separate vacations. If we both go at once we have to pay someone to mind the farm and it cost to much.
I use all my vacation time Racing at Maxton anyhow . But a couple three days with a cold wont cost me my job. :wink:
Anyhow it looks like BUB for this year
Thanks . for the input .it is still a ways away. If anyone else is going . Let me know . I don't snore much if anyone wants to split a hotel.
Eric.
Thank you to all the volunteers

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2009, 09:27:52 AM »
You can get hotel's easily for Bub's and it is the same adventure without cars ... Joe

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2009, 10:19:08 AM »
Lynda,  I hate to fly (in the air that is)  so any time I must fly and I get any where near Vegas I try to go there for a night or two.   

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 06:46:19 PM »
Well I am going to BUB. Just to watch.

I just got the ticket.  August 29 I fly into SLC. I stay till Thursday and fly home just in time to get ready for Maxton in September.

I figure I will go to speed week when I have my own van. next year.
Thanks everyone for the advice
Thank you to all the volunteers

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2009, 06:04:33 PM »
This will be my first Speed Week.  I'm So thankful that I can hang with the Slims, Dan Warner said I can shadow him for a while, and I'll likely work the ECTA booth for a while, too.  I expect to get shivers and maybe a tear or two when I first step foot on the place just thinking of Craig Breedlove and all the rest......

I have a room in Wendover with two beds.  If someone wants to split expenses I'd be OK with a room mate.

How early can I book my Rent-A-Wreck?

Big Adventure!
Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2009, 06:34:00 PM »
I have 3 guys scheduled to share a room with a king bed over at Motel 6 at this point so I might want to take you up on that offer.    Or maybe a room swap might work if the schedule works.  Which hotel/motel are you at?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 06:35:58 PM by MiltonP »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2009, 08:24:15 PM »
maybe no fire ants----but PLENTY of scorpions :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2009, 01:49:34 PM »
Dan, you're late in booking the R-a-W if you's to ask me.  I did that about a month ago.  Make sure you tell Tony (the boss) or Todd, the underling -- that you're a racer.  It might help.  Tony runs a roadster in the 130 Club (or at least is trying to get it into the Club).

And what's this about an ECTA BOOTH?  Whoa, going big time?  Or do you mean one of the little green booths in which I specialize out there?  That I could understand. . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Uncle Jimbo

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2009, 09:41:19 PM »
Racer X  -  Jon Amo may be right about some so-called illegal racers taking records away from a legit entry, but they are gettin better every year - and besides different venues have different regulations.  SO  -  If the BUB time frame is what fits your schedule - you'll have have a great time. Nothing but bikes of all types and configurations, and some of the coolest, most friendly people on the planet. The entire BUB Volunteer staff are friendly and helpfull.  Just start off by stopping by the Buell Brothers Racing pit, a fantastic bunch of guys and gals, then mozy on down pit row.  Take your camera and charged batteries, and don't forget a wide brimmed sun shade type hat. Naturally you are more then welcome to stop by and say howdy at the Gray Ghost Pit also and have a cold H2o.
Also - Good luck to your wife on her ride.  Have a great trip, and be forwarned  - They don't call it "Salt Fever" for nothing.   :cheers:

Jimbo   :-D
From days of old, when knights were bold, and rode Iron Horses
24 Land Speed Records
M/PP 1350 AMA/BUB - M/CPG 1350 - M/CPF 1350 - LTA
M/PG 1650 - M/PF 1650 - AMA/BUB
A/PG 1650 - A/PF 1650 -  ECTA - LTA
Top speed to date 194.664

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2009, 07:04:55 PM »
I'm in the Econo Lodge.  Not all that "Econo" if you ask me!  But I'm guessing they make their $$ in a couple of weeks a year.  PM me if you want to sublease.

Jon - Tonya asked me if I wanted to work the ECTA booth, and that's all I know about it, except I said "yes".  Maybe we're leasing our own "facilities"?

I'll call WaR first thing in the morning.  I wasn't sure how soon they'll take reservations - thinking back to my Pine Acres experience.

I've been breaking in my "Landracing" T-shirt.  No one around here gets it, but that's OK.  It should be nice and soft by the time I get to the salt.  Also have a new BangShift shirt that's getting broken in, too.

Later, all
Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer