Author Topic: Sparky 312 MPH run on Youtube  (Read 9225 times)

Offline fastguys

• New folks
Sparky 312 MPH run on Youtube
« on: January 23, 2009, 11:59:09 AM »
I heard of a Youtube clip about 3 minutes long of a car with a camera facing backwards. I do not know the car, but the clip started at the line and ran all the way till the car stopped at the return road. I think the guys nickname is Sparky and he ran 312MPH. Does anyone know how to find this clip on Youtube? Without the exact title I cannot find it. Thanks

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Sparky 312 MPH run on Youtube
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 12:22:48 PM »
CAR 2211
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 01:04:10 PM »
CAR 2211

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfB0z8h4DY4

Sparky we are having fun with the sailboat.  Will call in a day or so and update you,

Sum

Offline rustyT

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 06:34:57 PM »
Sum
Sailboat? Theres not enough water out there to run a sailboat, get to work on the lakester, come on lover boy,its time to get the priorities back in check :-D
Phil

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 08:53:39 PM »
"We are having fun with the sailboat"

Phil, I think he's talking about playing with a tiny plastic boat in the bathtub.  Or something . . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 08:59:28 PM »
Probabaly dry sailing in a Parking lot or something---windsurfer sailbording?????????  :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline rustyT

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 09:20:02 PM »
If he has time for the love boat :-D he has time to work on the lakester or my car has a few issues he could darn sure help with.  Come on skipper, back to the shop. :roll:
PHIL

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 09:27:58 PM »
If it's Blanding, it's a land sailer. Ya know with three wheels and a parking lot will do. And Sum don't need a life jacket. Thats thinking out of the box sum, sure fooled them.  :-D :roll: :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 09:38:50 PM »
If it's Blanding, it's a land sailer. Ya know with three wheels and a parking lot will do. And Sum don't need a life jacket. Thats thinking out of the box sum, sure fooled them.  :-D :roll: :cheers:

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/macgregor/macgregor-index.html

..........it is out front as we speak and Sparky brought it to me, so he is to blame.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it,

Sum

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 10:06:28 PM »
Glen,  two big tires and a Skid---looks like sombody got off with the 3rd one--- :-o

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 10:08:24 PM »

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/macgregor/macgregor-index.html

..........it is out front as we speak and Sparky brought it to me, so he is to blame.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it,

Sum

When I grow up I want to retire just like Sumner........ :-) Or even Sparky.......

Hey, I thought that was soap suds under the boat after you washed it or something............
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 10:10:14 PM by Dynoroom »
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline rustyT

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 10:13:53 PM »
Thanks SPARKY,  its a shame we will have to get all the stuff off the top so we can get the engine, cage and suspension in it, she looks pretty areo though,what class exactly are we looking at?? :-D
PHIL

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 10:23:46 PM »
Well one of the joys  :-D of being retired like Sum or me---is when you get to our age you have the mind of a NON grown up kid  :evil: but for all the wrong reasons!!!!!  :cheers:

Offline AJR192

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 11:10:51 PM »
I can see it with the old engine out of 1FATGMC in it haulin large amounts of "A" on lake powell..............................

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 01:12:12 AM »
...Hey, I thought that was soap suds under the boat after you washed it or something............

We are going to sail on that stuff under the boat when it melts and runs off down to Lake Powell  8-).  There is some more by the house (see pictures), so I'm confident the lake will be full.  Mike call me, I have some ideas for your site and called the other day, but got the answer machine,

Sum