Author Topic: Another new shop...  (Read 19265 times)

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
Re: Another new shop...
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2009, 11:38:48 AM »
Building has stopped for a few days here. Although it looks like snow, it's not. Ice has been falling all night. If you pick up a handful, it looks like little tiny ball bearings. I don't even leave footprints in it when I walk on it!

Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2009, 08:07:46 PM »
Randy,
Is this your first winter away from So Cal?

Joe

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2009, 10:57:19 PM »
Randy,
Is this your first winter away from So Cal?

Joe

This is my second winter here Joe. I worked outside all last winter building the new house and it wasn't too bad at all.
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2009, 11:24:59 PM »
Nice bike pad you got going Randy... nice choices and setup going on there  :cheers:
Todd

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 09:29:55 AM »
Thanks Todd, I appreciate the comments. We started building the house in Oct 07 and moved in May 08. Between my LSR racing/building and maintaining/improving the property, I'm glad I'm retired since those have been full time jobs.

I have been posting the shop build since there doesnt seem to be much going on in the ECTA section. I was intrigued by the steakhouse story but the real facts were a slight let down from the myth...ya know, no arrests, no chases or fights...LOL (jk :-D)

Why don't you post that vid of your new dyno in action?

www.frsengineering.com
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 02:50:10 PM »
Hope you're back at it Randy, can't wait to see your new shop all finished up so we can see more of the twin (and the lakester start to take shape).
Btw... congrats to you, but the only retiring I think I'm going to be doing is on those bikes that have a bald one.  :wink: 
Good chat the other day, :cheers:
Todd

PS: I made a post here since you asked about the video... http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,5482.0.html

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 03:22:19 PM »
Thanks Todd, I think we will be back at it tomorrow :-P. Thanks for all the info in our chat, I hope you don't mind me picking your brain some more on my v-twin build :wink:
www.frsengineering.com
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2009, 03:30:28 PM »
The weather hasn't been cooperating lately, so our shop building project has been delayed. We had a few good days without wind, so we got some things done. Hauling the long pieces of steel onto the roof requires very calm winds along with the matching length insulation that goes on first. We got some more carpentry work done and about 3/4 of the roof installed before we had to pull off today when the wind picked up...

http://www.frsengineering.com/pb22.jpg

http://www.frsengineering.com/pb23.jpg

We will probably be back at it in a couple of days.
www.frsengineering.com
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline 1 fast evo 2

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2009, 04:14:50 PM »
That's startin to look real nice. I am so jealous of you. I can only think that great things will come out of this new shop.
E.C.T.A. 200 MPH club
Winner HOTROD TOPSPEED CHALLENGE (superstreet) 2008
My EVO 2 - 8.96@158 mph in the 1/4
221.4 mph at Maxton sept. 08
223.6 mph at the Texas mile oct. 08
237.6 mph at Maxton april 2010

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2009, 05:52:32 PM »
Thanks, one of the carpenters helping me just got back from Chicago yesterday. He said there's still snow on the ground up there, brrrr :wink: You're welcome to stop by here anytime you head South  :cheers:
www.frsengineering.com
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2009, 08:38:28 PM »
Randy -- if you're going "brrrr" at a whole inch of snow on the ground -- what'd you do if your forecast included the following -- especially if you lived, as we do, in the higher terrain around Skandia (Michigan)?  here's what I just copied and pasted from the Weather Service forecast for tonight and tomorrow for us:

TOTAL SNOWFALL AMOUNTS OF 10 TO 18 INCHES ARE
POSSIBLE FROM THIS STORM...GREATEST OVER THE HIGHER TERRAIN FROM
NEGAUNEE TO SKANDIA...

Now, see?  An inch of snow isn't that bad, is it?  Then here's the Wednesday/Wednesday night forecast:

Wednesday: Snow and widespread blowing snow. Temperature falling to around 18 by 5pm. Wind chill values between zero and 10. Blustery, with a north northwest wind 7 to 10 mph increasing to between 25 and 28 mph. Winds could gust as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 6 inches possible.

Wednesday Night: Snow showers and widespread blowing snow. Low around 6. Wind chill values between -5 and -15. Windy, with a north northwest wind around 30 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 9 inches possible.

There.  Feel better now?

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2009, 10:07:08 PM »
I feel like I live in the "Bannana Belt" after looking at your forecast Jon LOL. Seriously, I'm originally from Tucson with past residences in Florida and Northern and Southern Cal. This four seasons stuff is new to me 8-)

www.frsengineering.com
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline salt27

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2009, 10:25:52 PM »
Jon,
Portlands Thursday forcast, high 57, low 37, 10% precipitation.
Not great, but warmer than Skandia. :-D
See you there.

Don

Offline t russell

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2009, 08:25:39 PM »
Jon that just sucks :-D
terry
And give Nancy a hug

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2009, 09:03:16 PM »
Nah, Terry, the weather isn't that big of a deal.  And -- no mosquitoes for months at a time, and no need for air conditioning during the summer.  I enjoy the snow removal, too -- sitting on the big snow thrower gives a sense of accomplishment. . .

Whatever, hey?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com