Author Topic: FIM Leathers question.  (Read 3467 times)

Offline stay`tee

• "Kawasaki ZX12 Turbocharged"
FIM Leathers question.
« on: January 20, 2009, 05:45:59 AM »
I will be bringing my Kawasaki ZX12 over from Australia to run for a FIM record at the BUB event this year. In the FIM rules on protective clothing 2.11.1  it states that riders shall wear a complete leather suit,,, ok, this tells me that the suit must be made from leather, not a problem. My question is, can you use "2 piece" leathers (360 securly fastened) at FIM events :? :?  or do thay only allow "1 piece" leathers :?
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,

bak189

Re: FIM Leathers question.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 09:45:56 AM »
Zip together leathers are O.K........One piece leather have NOT been required in the past.....I don't see this changing for 2009............................
However, will keep you informed............................

bak189

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 09:56:47 AM »
As a follow-up to my last post................................
AMA Racing Supplemental Regulations..............
2.L.....Leather suits may be one-piece design or joined together with a full circumference zipper at the waist..................................................................

The above noted rule has been used for AMA and FIM entrees..........................................................

Offline firemanjim

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 10:42:00 AM »
Hey Ronnie, Bubs allows 2 piece and does not have the "all cow" rule,though if you want to run SCTA you need an all leather suit with very minimal perforations. See you there.
Bonneville 2001,2002,2003,2004,and NO stinking 2005,DLRA 2006, next?
Well,sure can't complain about 2008--6 records over 200 and 5 hats from Bonneville,Bubs, and El Mirage for the team!

Offline Bobby c

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 12:18:46 AM »
Stay'Tee
As one of the volunteers that gets to help put on the BUB meet every year i am am in total awe of your devotion to the sport.
The one piece leather rule is like the "do not spit into the wind rule".
In the event of a crash, 2 piece leathers can ride up , or down, and expose your body to the 80 grit, made of salt, sand paper that is Bonneville.
Jason M got off his bike last year at top speed and walked away.
If he was not wearing top of the line, one piece leatheres and other protection I feel the out come that day may have been different if not for his personal equipment.
Setting a land speed record is not something to be taken lightly or not fully prepaired.
Wishing you the very best of luck!
Bob

Offline stay`tee

• "Kawasaki ZX12 Turbocharged"
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 06:33:25 AM »
Thankyou for the replys, much appricated 8-)

Jim, if my helmet dosent pass, i know were there is one that will fit :-D,,,,

First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,

bak189

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 12:44:14 PM »
Regarding helmets for the BUB..................................
2.L (III) Helmets must be certified by the manufacturer and have a sticker affixed stating it exceeds Dot standards ....Snell and or FIM SFI approved certs.