Author Topic: 1/43 Speed Record Models by P Land  (Read 772 times)

USFRAMONTE and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
1/43 Speed Record Models by P Land
« on: April 09, 2024, 11:46:17 AM »
at first,

I asked Jon about this and he got me the ok to publish it here on Landracing.com....Thanks for that, Jon

maybe some people will remember Ugo, when in 1998, he brought his models to salt, during the Speedweek.

this small group who produced so models became very small...especially when it becomes to record breaker on 2 or 3 wheels.

a couple years ago, a enthusiast in England start to change this and starts to produce several motorcycle streamliner.

his latest two creations are the BUB 7 as Chris Carr run and the Ack Attack, in several configurations.

Patrick Land's webpage is

https://www.modelassemblies.com/

or directly to the BUB

https://www.modelassemblies.com/index.php?page=bub-1-43-scale-white-metal-resin-model-as-approved-by-denis-manning

or to the Ack Attack

https://www.modelassemblies.com/index.php?page=ack-attacks

attach is a photo of my collection, which include several models from Patrick Model Assemblies

if you like to get one of his models, contact Patrick

if the links didn't work, copy/page the links of the three pages

« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 11:49:36 AM by PorkPie »
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Re: 1/43 Speed Record Models by P Land
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2024, 11:48:31 AM »
the models with the arrows are the once from Patrick Model Assemblies
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2024, 06:40:35 PM »
Hey Pork Pie --

No Teague?

Stan

Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2024, 12:01:23 AM »
Betsy & the other 4 wheel liners were done by Ugo Fadini.
  Sid.
http://www.ugofadini.com/

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2024, 06:31:57 AM »
Kiwi,

you right, Ugo done Betsy and some other famous racer....but he has to stop the production after the 2008 big money crash when nobody had money for so collectors models.

Ugo done actually three versions of Betsy, A and B went in production and on sale, the C stays as a prototype and no production. I have all three models in my showcase.

the photo shows only motorcycle models...so models are rare as there was only one guy who produced them, when he passed away there was only cars on the model market.

Patrick went in to fill that gap
Pork Pie

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2024, 11:26:24 AM »
I have the one that Al & Jane gave me, I didn't know there were two different ones. I remember when Ugo wandered into the pits looking to take measurements & pictures & we all thought, What! Who the hell is this little guy? :| He spoke very little English so our communication wasn't very good. We had no idea at that point of the quality of his work. Do you know if he stopped building models or changed to a different motor sports with a bigger following?
  Sid.

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2024, 11:56:03 AM »
Sid,

I'm a little bit surprised, Ugo's English is actually very good....but he speaks English English.....

the 1st version of Betsy was the 1991 FIA record....this model was called later A

in 1996, during SW, Al had a issue and the engine went on fire which done some damage on the bodywork...especially  the paint work....

in 2000 Al set a B class record and Ugo done another version of the model, especially it was very popular and the run of a model was limited to 300...

so more collectors had a chance to get a Betsy model....the new model, called 12 B....had also the now paint work as the car appears after the rebuilt in 1996...like the number 76...which was different after the fire

Al set his final record in 2002, FIA record....Banks, one of the sponsor was interest to get a version from that record....but than he stepped back....this version showed some more sponsor stickers and also had the bracket of the wing, Al used during SW.....as there were still 12 B available and the special order stopped...Ugo had no reason to go into a production...and so he produced one for my collection....

Ugo always needs a minimum amount on orders to get a chance to go for a production....

After 2008, when the world wide financial crises hit everyone, the market for so high quality models collapsed....and Ugo went into trouble as there wasn't enough buyer for a product run...

he had several other projects in mind....all went on ice....and finally he closed the model business

I have the one that Al & Jane gave me, I didn't know there were two different ones. I remember when Ugo wandered into the pits looking to take measurements & pictures & we all thought, What! Who the hell is this little guy? :| He spoke very little English so our communication wasn't very good. We had no idea at that point of the quality of his work. Do you know if he stopped building models or changed to a different motor sports with a bigger following?
  Sid.
Pork Pie

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2024, 03:12:29 PM »
After the engine fire, changing from the solid color back to the body stripe was done for a commercial we shot at the lake bed. It was for a cheese company in Europe somewhere, they had seen pictures of Betsy with the stripe & that's what they wanted so that's what they got. We did another one for Volvo as well, both were only run in Europe.
  Sid.

Offline MAYOMAN

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2024, 04:53:57 PM »
I do not see any of the FIA Category C Group TH Class RT rocket thrust propulsion record holders. Any problem there for Ugo Fadini?
The road is long - Life is short - Drive fast

Offline MAYOMAN

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2024, 05:27:01 PM »
Oh, and motorcycle, too.

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2024, 07:04:14 AM »
Dick,

something about Ugo.

he done normally only models which was not, in 1/43 scale, done before.
he also done models of record breaker which was not so well known.

he not only done one thrust powered record breaker, the 1963 version of Craig's Spirit of America Three Wheeler,
with this model he set a standard of all time for record models....this model is state of the art

the thrust powered record holder of the FIA list you showed....The Spirit of America Sonic 1, the 1965 car was done by Shinton, also Walt Arfons Wingfoot Express, both...
a model of the Thrust II was out before Richard set the record, Shinton done also a model of the Thrust SSC....and Ian Jones of the Blue Flame, a long time before
Sparks/Bizarre brought their version on the market...

so, all this models was available and Ugo had no reason to create one....

Ugo had the Aussie Invader III on his coming list when he had to close the shop

the Honda Hawk was to my knowledge originally in plan when the model maker passed

if Patrick is going for the Honda streamliner....it's also depends how he can sale the BUB and the Ack Attack....he has to make some money with as this is his living....

producing so models is also a lot of enthusiast....I knew only two model maker who done it for fun as they had enough money, so they had no problems when the profite was a black zero....
Pork Pie

Offline MAYOMAN

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2024, 07:48:39 AM »
Tom,
Thank you. I just keep trying to get my cars and motorcycle recognized in the model arena. I figure if they were recognized by FIA and FIM their heritage should be preserved. Fortunately, The Blue Flame is available in a couple of larger sizes. 43rd?

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2024, 10:22:16 AM »
Dick,

about the Blue Flame

the version from Ian Jones are sold out for a long time.

a built version by Ian is very rare on the market...sometimes you can find a not built Kit...but it needs someone with a lot of experience in building so scale models to get
a proper model with that kit...

Spark/Bizarre, the first version had some minor mistakes....the second version had some modifications to fix the issues...

both are sold out for a while, sometimes on places like Ebay, the Spark/Bizarre version is on sale....a big issue on this used models are the two wings close to the front wheels...
they are missing or damaged...or wrong installed....

Replicarz had a 1/20, as I remember right, in the program, but also this one is sold out and very expensive on the used market...
Pork Pie

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #13 on: Today at 02:41:19 PM »
just in case, if not seen on his website, Patrick is producing also 4 wheel record breaker, as an example here the shown Mormon Meteor 3 from Ab Jenkins
Pork Pie