Author Topic: Banter...  (Read 19079 times)

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Class jumping, cheating and other misc banter
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 10:51:44 PM »
Personally, I think I'll go back to the Jaguar post and look at the nice TATAs ....  :-D  :cheers: (hey, I used the let's all get along and the adult smiley)  :roll:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 11:17:50 PM »
That means i would get to make a run every 64600 years. Hope my leathers still fit me then.

Sheri Buchta
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 11:20:03 PM by sheribuchta »

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2009, 12:21:35 AM »
Jason,

We don't want the rest of the world to get interested in LSR, imagine the lines..

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2009, 12:22:10 AM »
i think we need a poll as to how many feel running up is ok... but the poll should only restrict you to one vote so the ECTA folks dont cheet and kill the credibility of the poll lololololololololololololololololololololololololololol peedmypants lolololololololololololool oopspeedmypantsagain lolololololol
kent

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2009, 12:30:55 AM »
Interesting as the keyboard jockeys will type away and talk Poop however I spoke with one of you the other day for 45 minutes on the phone and we laughed and had a good time, spoke with another two weeks ago and several times since Bonneville and you won't say crap to my face however you come on the mighty keyboard and get big quick..

From now on I will start posting what you "friends and fellow racers" have told me in private since you type a totally different story here..

John

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2009, 01:08:01 AM »
Ok, speaking about running up a class . . . or two.

I did actually enter and run a mini bike in Top Fuel motorcycle.

I lost in the first round.

Ok, Ok, I'll tell the story. I had a twin engine mini bike (set two records at Bonneville . . . In the correct class) that we also ran at the local drags. We ran at an all bike drag meet in the bracket class (won the bracket.) but there were so many entries that we didn't get very many runs.

A month later there was another all bike drag meet. We had noticed that the Top Fuel guys were pitting at the finish line so they could tow start towards the start line, then make the pass. And they ran twice as often during qualifying.

So we entered Top Fuel, made twice as many passes on Saturday, actually four times as many because we had an electric starter and could make a pretty good launch towards the start line.  :cheers:

The 13.85 with a 250 cc made us pretty happy but we sure lost by a ton!  :-D

Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2009, 01:19:50 AM »
Yawn...

You see how this went from running up in class to this..keep it up old chap..this is getting entertaining to the masses..

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2009, 01:23:02 AM »
Ok, speaking about running up a class . . . or two.

I did actually enter and run a mini bike in Top Fuel motorcycle.

I lost in the first round.

Ok, Ok, I'll tell the story. I had a twin engine mini bike (set two records at Bonneville . . . In the correct class) that we also ran at the local drags. We ran at an all bike drag meet in the bracket class (won the bracket.) but there were so many entries that we didn't get very many runs.

A month later there was another all bike drag meet. We had noticed that the Top Fuel guys were pitting at the finish line so they could tow start towards the start line, then make the pass. And they ran twice as often during qualifying.

So we entered Top Fuel, made twice as many passes on Saturday, actually four times as many because we had an electric starter and could make a pretty good launch towards the start line.  :cheers:

The 13.85 with a 250 cc made us pretty happy but we sure lost by a ton!  :-D

Dean,

Please post a picture of the mini twin as it will be a good pattern interrupt and will add even more hilarity to this bull crap with MR Maxton..

racin jason

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2009, 01:59:03 AM »
Jason,

I totally like and respect you and your racing, you are the racers racer, great builder, tuner and rider, I don't like Scott because of his personal agendas with regard to his own record self preservation techniques with Maxton and Texas..seems after he ran a stellar 250+ pass on a road race slick with a tire warmer the new rules later dictated the use of a DOT street tire I have called and PM'd Scott to talk about this and he won't answer.  I respect his racing he used to do and the many other things he has done in his Golden years (he is a phenomenal swimmer) and still a great racer however he is all about himself and cannot admit to a mistake as he blames it on others when cornered.  At my first Maxton event Scott was the one that told Keith, Guy Caputo and I that "We meaning he and the ECTA" had changed the Altered Partial Streamlined class to no longer allow "Altered Partial Streamlined" motorcycles to compete and that the new requirement was that the bike was to be a streamliner to compete in the class.

Then the new rule came out regarding a DOT street tire for Texas and when I asked the folks in charge it was mentioned that Scott was the person advising them to run a DOT tire..

Scott was the one who initially told me how to "skirt the letter of the written rule" with regards to stuffing a gas tank(to get an M bike in to the "A" class) and the stuff that may not be legal however was not mentioned in the rule book when I started racing in 2002.  Scott went on to teach me things that were very important to him like setting several records in different classes to litter your name in the rule book.

I may post the story later of my experience of a certain racer later so all can see what he is about, this will also give him time to make up stories that he will make a valiant attempt at calling the truth. 

John

Thank you for the compliments John.

I'm not following the slick vs dot tire issue. Are you suggesting that a slick is a better tire for Texas and Guthrie campained the Texas Mile to use inferior DOT tires to preserve his track record?  
When i was a Texas in October Guthrie was the only fast bike without a tire warmer. I don't think warmers are illegal in fact the may be a safety item.

As far as stuffing the tank I have done it many times when it was legal to do so. Post rule change i just whipped up a smaller tank no big deal. I have also added one rear peg to get into the "A" classes when it was legal.

Reading and understanding the rulebook is not a crime!

Building a car or bike to run against easily attainable records or minimums doesn't in my mind tarnish the accomplishment Some people would disagree but again reading the rulebook is not a crime.

In summary, I am still for being able to run up in displacement class at Loring.

Jason

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2009, 02:10:56 AM »
Jason,

I totally like and respect you and your racing, you are the racers racer, great builder, tuner and rider, I don't like Scott because of his personal agendas with regard to his own record self preservation techniques with Maxton and Texas..seems after he ran a stellar 250+ pass on a road race slick with a tire warmer the new rules later dictated the use of a DOT street tire I have called and PM'd Scott to talk about this and he won't answer.  I respect his racing he used to do and the many other things he has done in his Golden years (he is a phenomenal swimmer) and still a great racer however he is all about himself and cannot admit to a mistake as he blames it on others when cornered.  At my first Maxton event Scott was the one that told Keith, Guy Caputo and I that "We meaning he and the ECTA" had changed the Altered Partial Streamlined class to no longer allow "Altered Partial Streamlined" motorcycles to compete and that the new requirement was that the bike was to be a streamliner to compete in the class.

Then the new rule came out regarding a DOT street tire for Texas and when I asked the folks in charge it was mentioned that Scott was the person advising them to run a DOT tire..

Scott was the one who initially told me how to "skirt the letter of the written rule" with regards to stuffing a gas tank(to get an M bike in to the "A" class) and the stuff that may not be legal however was not mentioned in the rule book when I started racing in 2002.  Scott went on to teach me things that were very important to him like setting several records in different classes to litter your name in the rule book.

I may post the story later of my experience of a certain racer later so all can see what he is about, this will also give him time to make up stories that he will make a valiant attempt at calling the truth. 

John

Thank you for the compliments John.

I'm not following the slick vs dot tire issue. Are you suggesting that a slick is a better tire for Texas and Guthrie campained the Texas Mile to use inferior DOT tires to preserve his track record?  
When i was a Texas in October Guthrie was the only fast bike without a tire warmer. I don't think warmers are illegal in fact the may be a safety item.

As far as stuffing the tank I have done it many times when it was legal to do so. Post rule change i just whipped up a smaller tank no big deal. I have also added one rear peg to get into the "A" classes when it was legal.

Reading and understanding the rulebook is not a crime!

Building a car or bike to run against easily attainable records or minimums doesn't in my mind tarnish the accomplishment Some people would disagree but again reading the rulebook is not a crime.

In summary, I am still for being able to run up in displacement class at Loring.

Jason

Jason,

I will leave our conversations out as I fully respect you as previously stated.

BTW, tire warmers are legal at all LSR venues.

And I stated in my first post to allow the running up and to "Get the money".

I am aware it will take a lot to get this new org going and for it to be able to sustain itself.

J

racin jason

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2009, 02:25:01 AM »
Interesting as the keyboard jockeys will type away and talk Poop however I spoke with one of you the other day for 45 minutes on the phone and we laughed and had a good time, spoke with another two weeks ago and several times since Bonneville and you won't say crap to my face however you come on the mighty keyboard and get big quick..

From now on I will start posting what you "friends and fellow racers" have told me in private since you type a totally different story here..

John

Now I'm really losing the plot!

I spoke with you John on Sunday for a bit and we went back and forth and told each other lies and bs'd as usual.
Are you implying that I'm a keyboard jockey? (I have been called a carpet jockey before)
Or was that in reference to the "other caller"?

Please post up the juicy details asap in the cheating thread and we can eagerly await the response.
Unless of course you are referring to me, then i will stand by my word that sheep are people too!

In conclusion, I still agree with running up in engine class at Loring.

Jason.

Offline 2fast4u2c

• http://www.TigerRacingProducts.com
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2009, 10:06:11 AM »
Wow! :-o  I go to bed and wake up and there's 4 more pages???  It's hard to watch your friends go at it like this.  Can we bring this back to being a LTA thread again? 

Guy
a no nothing #3135 ECTA LSR wanna be.
300mph or Bust in 1 mile!!!

Tiger Racing

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2009, 10:38:38 AM »
I agree with Guy, Slim, the banter of the last 4 pages needs to be relocated... it was a fun read, don't get me wrong, but it has little to do with the Loring venue.

And guys, I've said this before, we are all members of the LSR racing family.... you can pick your friends, but you are stuck with what you get for family....  :|  you don't have to like 'em but you do have to race with 'em...  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2009, 11:12:19 AM »
According to that little line on top, this thread has been read almost 9000 times. Now I do realize probably a couple thousand are just Scott and John, but there's got to  be a lot of lurkers out there getting a decidedly unfavorable impression of  our sport, due to misunderstanding the fierce level of competition between some of our peers.
At risk of causing the ire of any and all of those involved to be directed towards the LTA, (The Loring Timing Association, of which this is the original intended Forum), I'd like to ask for a truce, at least here, Please ?
"Nobody said there'd be days like this, strange days indeed" ( J Lennon)
I Thank Y'all
Bob W

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2009, 11:21:08 AM »
I second the motion .... any OPPOSED ???