Author Topic: Paging John Noonan!  (Read 2350 times)

Offline Rocky R

• Author/Land Speed Racing Site
Paging John Noonan!
« on: January 11, 2009, 07:26:21 PM »
Sorry to do this but...my computer threw a rod and I had to replace it. Lost a lot of contact info. Working on articles and need to replenish my contact list. If John Noonan reads this, please PM me your email. (or anyone knowing it)

I'm sure there'll be more so sorry in advance!

Rocky Robinson  :cry:

Offline Roadsters.com

• Roadsters.com
Re: Paging John Noonan!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 08:17:20 PM »
Rocky, this might not help you, but when move up to a newer computer, I take the hard drive out of the old one and toss the old CPU. Then I put the old hard drive into my $50 NexStar GX hard drive power supply, connect it to the new computer, power it up, and the icon for my old hard drive appears on the desktop of the new computer. Then I can click and drag whatever old files I need onto the new hard drive.

Here it is: http://www.amazon.com/Vantec-Nst-370Gx-Nexstar-External-Enclosure/dp/B000CDR8PU

Dave
http://www.roadsters.com/

Offline Roadsters.com

• Roadsters.com
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 08:20:58 PM »

Offline Rocky R

• Author/Land Speed Racing Site
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 08:39:16 PM »
Thanks for the computer 101. I'm still learning as I go. I did do a file transfer and got most of my documents and program files. For some reason had issues with email. For one, I was using Outlook Express. My new computer uses Windows Mail, which is a newer Vista product. They don't seem to be completely compatible.

I was thinking about beating my CPU into a round, cylindrical shape, packing it into one of the parachute cansiters in the Ack Attack, and ejecting it at speed! (wouldn't really do it because ejecting parts from a motorcycle streamliner has a high failure rate and is hard on the salt! heehee)

Rocky

Offline Roadsters.com

• Roadsters.com
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 09:16:43 PM »
Glad if that helped you a bit. I just save the old hard drive, and then put the drive-less CPU in the Recycling bin.

Dave
http://www.roadsters.com/

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 01:03:52 AM »
Rocky,

Yes you can use my images and I will get with you tomorrow..the email you sent went through.. :cheers:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 11:00:02 AM »
Then there's the easy way to set up a new computer.  Have the old one be an Apple -- and the new one be an Apple.  Take the new one out of the box and power it up -- and you'll first get a step-by-step that has you plug in the (included) firewire -- and about ten seconds later, all of the stuff from the old one is in the new one.  Programs, address, files, folders, photos, and everything. 

Of course it requires you to learn how to do things in the Apple way, Rocky -- but once you get the hang of everything having reverse-Whitworth threads -- it's very easy.  And about zero viruses, too.  I hear that recently there was one for Apple, but that's it -- ONE in the past few years.  And best of all -- no Vista!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com