Author Topic: Website facelift, WoS 06  (Read 4363 times)

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
Website facelift, WoS 06
« on: January 11, 2009, 12:42:56 AM »
I've been slowly but slowly giving my website a facelift...in hopes of having a consistent user interface and navigation system.  I finally finished 2006 (03-05 have been done for a while) tonite: http://www.chevyasylum.com/lsr/bsf2006/wos/Welcome.html  That's the WoS part.

The main entry for the LSR stuff is here: http://www.chevyasylum.com/lsr/Welcome.html

I've added captions to the thumbnails, text blurbs to each photo.  Man, that takes a long time.  I mean, how many ways can you say, "here goes car number xxx down the course?"  I've given it my best shot.  I hope it's fairly accurate.  But (why is there always a but?) I'm sure there will be typos or incorrect information there.  I welcome any corrections re: mistakes I've made.  I'd like it to be as accurate as possible.  So have at it.  Flames will be cheerfully ignored.  :)  I've got my nomex undies on and my hat's fulla tinfoil, so I figger I'm prepared.  (The full-face helmet is just to my left if it gets really bad.)

On a serious note, if there's information that I don't have about a car or bike or truck and someone has some of said info, I'd love to be able to add it.  My preference is email, but PM works fine, too.

Now it's on to 07.  It gets worse as it progresses.  Mid 06 I started using a DSLR camera and it's been a death spiral ever since.  Where I might have had 100 photos to choose from for any given day, now I have a thousand....maybe 2 thousand and they have to be distilled down to a reasonable number. 

I'm working on ways to make it easier for the visitor to deal with all this stuff, but right now my ideas are half-baked.  For the 08 WoS section, I separated things into 3 categories: "Picks" (photos that jumped out at me as being interesting), "Details" (the other stuff) and sequences...usually multi-shot series of a vehicle coming thru the staging lane, up to the line and then the launch.  This is a departure from other events where I've just posted things in chronological order.  Anybody like that?  Hate it?  It's here if ya wanna check it out:  http://www.chevyasylum.com/bsf2008/wos/Welcome.html

I'd love some feedback on how you (the visitors to my server) perceive it and what ya like and what ya don't like.  If you say ya don't like the quality of the photos before mid-06, I agree with ya.  I don't like 'em either.  But I didn't upgrade to the Canons until WoS 06. 

Ok...let the flaming begin.

RtR

ps.  if you've had links or bookmarks to previous years' photos they probably won't work after tonite.  I had to chop things somewhere and this is that somewhere.  I have redirect pages for the main entry points, but if there's a link to an individual page, it will probably be broken.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Website facelift, WoS 06
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 01:18:03 AM »
SWEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 06:27:35 AM »
This is a REally cool set of photo's... enjoyed them Ray...

Keith
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 09:20:58 AM »
Great Pics Ray!!
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline DavidinDurango

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 09:55:55 AM »
Great portrait of Mayfield.

You could take my face out and put in a porta-potty or even my car and improve things . . . . .

Great effort, thanks for the hard work.
DavidinDurango
Mostly Fords with "some stuff"
LSR, because it takes more than one ball to play.

Offline rustyT

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 12:53:10 PM »
RTR
Very nice, thank you for the time and effort it takes!! :-D
Phil.