Author Topic: USFRA Test and Tune 2024  (Read 363 times)

Offline USFRAMONTE

USFRA Test and Tune 2024
« on: April 22, 2024, 09:03:53 PM »
Dennis and I drove out to the salt flats on Sunday April 21st. Our objective was to check current salt conditions in preparation for the upcoming Test & Tune event scheduled for June 28th and 29th.
> We found the salt to be unusually dry for this time of year. We were surprised to see how little salt was picked up by the tires on the truck. That said, we found approximately the first two miles of both course one and two are rough and have a great number of potholes. From there all the way out to eight miles, it gets quite smooth and seems to be hardening up nicely. The salt crust is still very thin at the far end of the courses.
> We both came away encouraged with the current condition. We will watch closely what the weather brings and hope that it continues to improve.
> As usual we did find lots of garbage, remanents of campfires and the usual track destroying donuts left behind by the hooligans. That part is hard to stomach as it never used to be that way.
> Stay tuned for further updates.

The dates for Test and Tune is June 28th and 29th. The weather will be the determining factor.

Offline sabat

Re: USFRA Test and Tune 2024
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2024, 09:28:56 AM »
Thanks for the report  :cheers:   Fingers crossed for good conditions for the T&T, SW, BMST, WOS, WF....

Offline deepindebt

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2024, 10:25:18 AM »
 :cheers:
327,B/GR

Offline gnomenator

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2024, 12:49:26 PM »
As always Monte, thank you and all the great folks who go out of their way to make sure we can race. We couldn't do it without you all! One question- how is the T&T sign up going? Hopefully we won't be short like we were a couple years back ! See you on the salt- Thanks again!! :cheers:

Offline Mr. Schimstock

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2024, 01:30:54 PM »
Thanks for the update Monte.   If the conditions are good I'll be there to make some license passes and shake out any bugs from the car. 

That reminds me... I need to purchase an entry.   How many do you have so far?
Sproing, crack, ouch!

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2024, 03:11:09 PM »
We are having a club officers meeting tonight. I will have more info to post once we have met and discussed things. I will update everyone either tonight or first thing tomorrow.

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2024, 11:06:48 PM »
We have decided to hold the Test and Tune regardless of the number of entries. Of course Mother Nature will have the final say.
This will provide an opportunity to get licensed, qualify to run on the long course, have your vehicle inspected, make some tuning runs and work out any bugs the vehicle may have. Just be aware this is not an event to qualify for or set any records.
We will also be offering runs for both the 130 and 150 mph clubs.
There will not be any gasoline or fuel available on the salt so you will need to bring your own supply.
We hope to see several of you there and hope for good weather and track conditions.