Author Topic: World of Speed Forum  (Read 9696 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: World of Speed Forum
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 11:09:03 AM »
................. a 130/150 Club section ................

I don't see enough posts on the subject to warrant another section.  Personally I think too many forums on subjects that wouldn't create many posts could hurt the site in the long run.  I've visited a couple sites with so many forums that have less than 100 posts a year in them that I just get confused and don't return.

Might just be me,

Sum

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2008, 03:03:29 PM »
SSS - whatever you want to do is fine with me ... Joe

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2009, 02:07:08 PM »
While the USFRA does run a variety of stuff on their 130 club course, again, I see value for the section.  It should be under the Bonneville Salt Flats Discussion, located between SCTA Rules and Build Diaries.  It could be called USFRA 130 / 150 Club Rules and Discussions.  The first post should be a sticky and link to the USFRA club rules.  I can think of several dozen times folks have been referred to those rules, as well as folks being confused about the difference. 
It is your site and your decision, but my vote is add it.  It is a great place for the new guy to start and as Sum will tell you, it is not that easy. 
I would probably rename your ALSR from Not Necessarily Land Speed Related to Thrust Related, again JMO
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2009, 03:03:31 PM »
Howdy, and Happy New Year to all.

Okay -- to a separate WoS something.  I just took a scan through the control board of this Forum to see if i could have "sub-topics" -- to have a SpeedWeek and a World of Speed and so on, all under the Bonneville General Chat topic.  Nope.  Dodge -- that would have been one way to sorta keep everyone sorta happy.

So I guess I'll put up a World of Speed topic in the same general area of Bonneville General Chat and see how it goes.  I'll give it a month or some length of time like that and see if there are enough posts to justify the separate topic.  Hyundai, I might even forget to shut it off if I get in another senior mood, so youse guys are hereby requested to help me with the subject, hokey-dokey?

I'll post this and go set up the WoS topic and that'll be the end of this discussion, right?  Yeah, I'm sure. . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com