Author Topic: Harv's Body..........  (Read 10733 times)

Offline Stainless Two

• newest member of the 199.9 club :)
    • MySpace Page
Re: Harv's Body..........
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 08:17:00 PM »
An HP IPAC running windows mobile has more than enough memory and power to run these types of programs.  has anyone explored that avenue?
Look at my new RED HAT!!!!

#278 1000CC APS-G 208.959MPH record
209.093 mph best time

pit bitch to #1000 Bockscar

Proud to be a Texan!  in San Antonio

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2008, 09:41:20 PM »
Here are a couple links to what I was talking about.  Notice also how easy these can be hooked up to video cameras for recording:

http://www.data911.com/main/index.html

http://china-export-trade.com/mobile-computer.html

This was the info Scott (dieselgeek) sent me:

I did some research.  I think for the money, this is the thing to go with:

http://www.e-itx.com/aero-lf-car-pc-system.html

It's got "solid state" hard drive, so no worries about vibration damage.  We should mount it with the MSD-style rubber feet.

I think I am going to go ahead and order or build one of these, and I'll let you know how it works out!  there's a possibility we can use the parallel port inputs to do more datalogging outside of the megasquirt also...

........Just thinking out loud here, you could run a number of tiny video cameras off this same computer as well as the megasquirt datalogging...

it's got 6 USB ports.  cheap web cams, or slightly more expensive units of better video quality could be run right into the USB inputs.

See if you think the case dimensions are small enough for your lakester?

-scott

----------------------------------------------

If these would work for data logging the megasquirt, plus other inputs, plus cameras for the money they might really be a good deal and they are set up for a car environment.

c ya

Sum

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 06:22:28 PM »
MAP manifold?
Harv, I have been looking at your engine build and it looks like you removed the manifold that connects all of the throttle bodies together to provide a Manifold Absolute Pressure signal to the MAP sensor for your injection. You appeared to have mounted it to the frame rail, is it still sensing pressure from each of the individual throttle bodies? I have a Hilborn throttle body for my Zetec engine in my roadster and I modified the intake to allow me to connect to each throttle body which then supplies a much better signal to the MAP sensor. I have also referenced the atomsiphric side of the fuel pressure regulator to this manifold which actually will reduce the fuel pressure at idle and really makes the engine idle better and it also takes throttle better. I know that your engine is for racing so idle is probably not a big deal but it sure made my engine more driveable when I added this line.

See you in Lovelock!!

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline hitz

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2009, 01:42:15 AM »
Rex,

Good to hear from you. I haven't been spending much time on the computer so I didn't see see your input on the map sensor until tonight. The hook up is one line connected to all four throttle bodies by a series of tees. It's the stock Hayabusa set up. I liked the old set up with the plenum connected directly to the runners better but this seems to work OK. If it stumbles off idle I will try 4 independent hoses to the plenum. My old set up was better because it didn't have any hoses. Less chance for leaks.

I do have a pressure port on the fuel pressure regulator but the idle is adjusted by the TEC II setting according to MAP,TPS, Coolant temp and air temp. It idles so nice it's ridicules. Of course the engine is stock except for the ITBs, so it should idle pretty good. I have much to learn about the TEC II. but looking forward to using it.

Still planning on going to Lovelock for test and tune if the lakester is ready to roll and if I have the means to go. It will take a different set of tires so that will be an extra cost unless I can borrow some. I'd still like to go even if it's sans a race car.

Sum,

I've got way more electronics to study now without adding anything else. Right now I just want to take a ride. Later maybe I could have you help me with some more electronics because I think it's the way to go.

Take care gentlemen,

Harv