Author Topic: Q rergarding aftermarket heads in the vintage classes  (Read 2133 times)

Offline Stovebolt

Q rergarding aftermarket heads in the vintage classes
« on: December 08, 2004, 10:00:00 AM »
I'm going to go out on a limb here, and ask why is it that Flathead V8's can run a head that has considerably different combustion chamber differences to stock in the XF class, when the OHV inliners cannot run a "Speciality Head".

I would have thought that the Nicson Head - with its simease  ports  would be on the same league as the aftermarket Flatheads, and be able to be included in the XO not the XXO class!!! Its certainly not up in the same league as the 12 port, as the basic restriction to performance still remains - simease ports!!!

Can anyone tell me the history of the decision to exclude these "Speciality" heads - or am I on the wrong boat, in that they can be included.

'cause if they can be included - then I'll take up the offer, and (as a long term project) have a friend help me design a head that has altered combustion chambers to the stock Stovebolt head, whislt still maintaining its stock external appearance. Gee If I include an exact stock external appearance - then who is to know?  ;)    ;)    :eek:  

Can anyone shed some light on the subject
Its hard enough to be your age, let alone act it.