Author Topic: NON LSR Posting Forum (Facts on posting) Where is Slim?  (Read 9245 times)

Blown Alcohol 57tbird

NON LSR Posting Forum (Facts on posting) Where is Slim?
« on: December 23, 2008, 10:18:43 PM »
 NON LSR Posting forum

This is what this forum is right? I think we should see the rules in posting here as I got slammed by Slim on my NON LSR OJ thread? Yes I am a little on the bun toasted side  :-o but seriously what are the rules here? 

Come on Slim give it me in a professional Admin way
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 10:43:40 PM by Blown Alcohol 57tbird »

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: NON LSR Posting Forum (Facts on posting) Where is Slim?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 02:22:01 AM »
Jim,

I will gently explain it as a moderator on other sites in the past.

First of all this site is very seriously dedicated to:
1. Land speed racing.
2. Things directly related to land speed racing and the people that are involved in this "community"
3. Moderators and or site admins/owners have the right to cancel, delete any content they feel is not warranted or deserving to be on this site.  Bandwidth costs the site owners money and they bought this site not only to provide the may racers a medium for conversing with each other however to also recoup any financial outlay when they took over this site from Jon Amo. 

The owners may  soon start to seek advertising from companies related and perhaps not related to LSR and when a potential new advertiser opens the site and observes some particular post they may determine that this is not "quite worthy or what they want to be involved in"  therefor decreasing the potential for this site not only to stay on line however possible keeping it from growing to the next level which may include several cool things like streaming video feeds, or perhaps more coverage from more LSR venues..

If you feel otherwise you will be asked to move on to another website, I like most of your ALSR posts when they are contained in one area and as long as you give proper credits to the people/authors that you either copy/plagiarise
This site is not some free build a site like many others, the owners of this site attend most of the races at Bonneville and Maxton and will add content or results from other land speed venues as well if presented to them.

If you want to post either semi clothed pictures of a woman/man and continue to litter this site you will be asked to remove the posts and if you continue you will be asked to leave or be banned.

I ask that you stay and continue to post the LSR/ALSR information you have gathered on the internet and or from books/articles as most of it is interesting to many of us and in my case has happened prior to my birth or involvement in LSR.

Stick around and enjoy the ride::::  :wink:

Jon W.

If I am wrong or incorrect then please delete my post however I understand the marketing and professionalism that must be observed to maintain a great site like this.

John Noonan

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 02:59:47 AM »
this whole forum is about racing.... get it.!... racing.!....  if you need further examples look at the "Non LSR" board and you'll see 11 pages of examples of what we post.... I'm curious as to why you post your crap here and don't post it on your own forum?.... no wait i don't want to know.... we all have sponsors we sent to this site to see what we're about and we don't want them to see mindless babble about OJ and partially naked girls.... May i suggest you post a build diary on that ALSR car your building...
Kent
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 03:02:11 AM by 1212FBGS »

Offline Roadsters.com

• Roadsters.com
Entrants must be over 18 and residents of southern California
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 03:20:56 AM »
Before I decide on whether to enter, what exactly is the prize for being the biggest A-hole on this site?

Dave
http://www.roadsters.com/

Offline 1212FBGS

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 10:17:46 AM »
 :-D gonna be kinda hard to beat me :-D
kr
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 11:19:51 AM by 1212FBGS »

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 11:21:31 AM »
Over the past years almost everything that 57Tbird is posting has been posted by FR aka the propster several times. It's ok to add a address or web site to look up something of interest but sending pages daily of already available material won't get read in most cases. Also sending articles from National Dragster that are current and have protection rights by ND should not be allowed.

Jim the people on this web site already know much of the history and how to look it up. There are a lot of us that have been in the sport for a lot of years and some even part of the history.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 11:37:06 AM »
Jim,

Is writing his response now.

Stay tuned..and Dave, Kent I thought I was in the running for that... :mrgreen:

Offline 1212FBGS

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 11:39:01 AM »
Jim... I can appreciate your enthusiasm for our sport and desire to be involved in ALSR but you indignant to the regulars on this site isn't cool or called for..... Its kinda like you just learned how to bake a pie and you go into your 90year old Granny’s kitchen and tell her she doesn't know how to bake a pie as you push her out of the way.... ya think she's gonna cane ya up side the head? This isn't a smack down site we just ask you show respect for the author of the material you post and respect for others on this site... For some reason Slim only allows one punk on this site and that’s me...
Kent

Blown Alcohol 57tbird

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 12:02:59 PM »
To Slim and all

This is the time to celebrate Santa and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas I don't hate no one here. Lets celebrate in good cheer  :cheers:

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 12:09:15 PM »
To Slim and all

This is the time to celebrate Santa and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas I don't hate no one here. Lets celebrate in good cheer  :cheers:

That's it??

Merry Christmas to you as well.

J

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2008, 04:53:52 PM »
:-D gonna be kinda hard to beat me :-D
kr

You got that right  :wink:,

Sum

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2008, 05:04:49 PM »

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Blown Alcohol 57tbird

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2008, 05:18:17 PM »
I forgot to post this what this is all about

What you don't understand

I was attacked in the forums under this below (Note) what it means Non LSR means non Land Speed Racing right? and just some post means anything right? get my point

NON LSR Postings
This is for information not related to LSR information and just some posts...

The OJ and Lady picture where (NON LSR) there where not posted to start trouble but in good taste. But I got attacked for not being LSR posts why? I hope the Bonneville and John Force threads I posted in this forum is not stepping on any toes here
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 05:21:39 PM by Blown Alcohol 57tbird »

Offline pap

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2008, 05:19:11 PM »
DONT BLAME THE GIRL THING WHOLEY ON 57,I WAS IN ON IT TO.IM RERADY FOR MY ...CHEWING ON IT.
McBride Motor Sports
3-T-Bird SC
70-71 Ranger XLT
71-429SCJ Torino Cobra-4Speed
82-Chevy S10-350

Blown Alcohol 57tbird

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2008, 05:25:25 PM »
DONT BLAME THE GIRL THING WHOLEY ON 57,I WAS IN ON IT TO.IM RERADY FOR MY ...CHEWING ON IT.

They cant blame anyone here as in my post above yours its all due to the Forum header below

NON LSR Postings
This is for information not related to LSR information and just some posts...

Again Non LSR means non land speed racing right? just some posts means anything right? I think the forum need rules on this ordeal