Author Topic: ................................  (Read 5777 times)

Blown Alcohol 57tbird

« on: December 22, 2008, 10:17:11 PM »
..............................EOS
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 11:47:20 PM by Blown Alcohol 57tbird »

Blown Alcohol 57tbird

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 10:18:49 PM »
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 11:48:07 PM by Blown Alcohol 57tbird »

Offline aircap

Re: A Munstrously Good Time
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 11:47:45 PM »
I hate to be a pain in the butt, but didn't Phil Burgess just post this Munster story on NHRA.com today? If I'm out of order let me know.
"Act your age, not your shoe size". - Prince

Offline ol38y

• When all else fails, gas it!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 12:02:40 AM »
I hate to be a pain in the butt, but didn't Phil Burgess just post this Munster story on NHRA.com today? If I'm out of order let me know.

Word for word.  :-o
Larry Cason
Bakersfield,CA    It's a dry heat!

2010 BUB 1350 M-PG record
2012 Speedweek  1350 A-PG record 169.975
2014 El Mirage Dry Lake  1350 A-PG  172.651

Offline Roadsters.com

• Roadsters.com
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 01:12:19 AM »
To repeat something I mentioned earlier:

When you quote people, it's a good idea to mention the author's name and provide a link to where it appeared. This minimizes the possibilities of your being mistaken for a plagiarist, and the owner of this site from being ordered to remove stolen content.

Just trying to help.

Dave
http://www.roadsters.com/

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 02:46:37 AM »
humm interesting... i thought for sure id see this posted in the forum section of http://fordflashback.com/jd_fords.asp     but i couldnt find it.!.... heck i looked all over for it, but you'd think if it was so important to post other peoples hard typing work and ideas that one would post it on his own site...... Hummmmmm interesting.... hey did they ever try for the ALSR with that coffin thing?
kent

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 11:23:54 AM »
Haven't done the calculations yet, but boring a 289 to 425 would call for flat-sided pistons, I think.

I guess Jim just wants to get his post count up.  Wonder what his pal Pappy has to say about this?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Blown Alcohol 57tbird

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 08:16:00 PM »
Haven't done the calculations yet, but boring a 289 to 425 would call for flat-sided pistons, I think.

I guess Jim just wants to get his post count up.  Wonder what his pal Pappy has to say about this?

Are you guys stupid or what?   1212FBGS

What do you think the NHRA Note book is? use your brains its the NHRA web site I guess I am dealing with Salt Brains. Some of you are real stupid here find another sandbox to play in get it? My NHRA Notebook I am NHRA licensed and a member of NHRA I guess you have to be a drag racer to understand
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 08:28:05 PM by Blown Alcohol 57tbird »

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 08:27:49 PM »
Jim, I'll ask -- what the heck do you mean by your most recent post?

"What do you this NHRA Note book is? use your bains its the NHRA web site I guss I am dealing with Salt Brains. Some of you are real stupid here find another sandbox to play in get it?"

First -- just what do YOU mean when you ask what "this" NHRA notebook is?  What NHRA notebook -- there's none on the landracing.com forum, so "this" doesn't have a referrent.  As for "this" being the NHRA website -- hunh?  Since when is THIS the NHRA site?  It's landracing.com, as I just pointed out.  If "this" comes from the NHRA -- you certainly should have given that site attribution.  Your ost begins with "this is from MY (emphasis mine) NHRA notebook"

As for calling folks stupid -- well, I've said it before, and I'll remind all once again to look over the rules of the Forum - to which you agreed when you first registered.  No name calling, please.  You might also proofread your posts for spelling and typos before clicking "post".

And finally -- no, it's not YOUR sandbox -- it's the sandbox of each and every one of the registered folks on the Forum.  That includes you and Kent and Stand Back and Dave and everyone.   It's mine, too -- by virtue of me being a registered user - as well as by me having paid an amount of money to buy the rights to run the place.  I should think that that purchase would give me more permission to suggest that folks find another "sandbox" in which to play -- would give me more permission than you have.

So - to rehash -- if you're quoting from a published source I ask you quite clearly and loudly -- plese give attribution whenever you quote someone or something by publishing it here on the landracing.com forum.  I am not able to read all of the written words in the world - so I can't be sure whether something you (or anyone) posts is original or plagiarized.  You're on your best behavior to do that for yourself.  Please be sure to do it, okay?

Thanks.  Q.E.D.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 08:29:33 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Blown Alcohol 57tbird

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 08:36:32 PM »
Jim, I'll ask -- what the heck do you mean by your most recent post?

"What do you this NHRA Note book is? use your bains its the NHRA web site I guss I am dealing with Salt Brains. Some of you are real stupid here find another sandbox to play in get it?"

First -- just what do YOU mean when you ask what "this" NHRA notebook is?  What NHRA notebook -- there's none on the landracing.com forum, so "this" doesn't have a referrent.  As for "this" being the NHRA website -- hunh?  Since when is THIS the NHRA site?  It's landracing.com, as I just pointed out.  If "this" comes from the NHRA -- you certainly should have given that site attribution.  Your ost begins with "this is from MY (emphasis mine) NHRA notebook"

As for calling folks stupid -- well, I've said it before, and I'll remind all once again to look over the rules of the Forum - to which you agreed when you first registered.  No name calling, please.  You might also proofread your posts for spelling and typos before clicking "post".

And finally -- no, it's not YOUR sandbox -- it's the sandbox of each and every one of the registered folks on the Forum.  That includes you and Kent and Stand Back and Dave and everyone.   It's mine, too -- by virtue of me being a registered user - as well as by me having paid an amount of money to buy the rights to run the place.  I should think that that purchase would give me more permission to suggest that folks find another "sandbox" in which to play -- would give me more permission than you have.

So - to rehash -- if you're quoting from a published source I ask you quite clearly and loudly -- plese give attribution whenever you quote someone or something by publishing it here on the landracing.com forum.  I am not able to read all of the written words in the world - so I can't be sure whether something you (or anyone) posts is original or plagiarized.  You're on your best behavior to do that for yourself.  Please be sure to do it, okay?

Thanks.  Q.E.D.

Maybe you can understand this?

It seams we have a few thread attackers with nothing better to do here I get real tired of it I dont care what they think just don't post it on my thread. The NHRA Notebook it a part of the NHRA web site almost 90 million people know this. Soory for the name calling but there BS has gone far enough toward me. I thought this club was all adults with respect of others post not to just be out to find something to have fun attacking you get my point here?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 08:39:56 PM by Blown Alcohol 57tbird »

Offline aircap

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 11:14:01 PM »
Gee, buddy - you sound a lot like Franklin.
I'll just punch the old "ignore" button on you, too.
"Act your age, not your shoe size". - Prince

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 11:17:25 PM »

Maybe you can understand this?

It seams we have a few thread attackers with nothing better to do here I get real tired of it I dont care what they think just don't post it on my thread. The NHRA Notebook it a part of the NHRA web site almost 90 million people know this. Soory for the name calling but there BS has gone far enough toward me. I thought this club was all adults with respect of others post not to just be out to find something to have fun attacking you get my point here?

Jim, I am not one of the 90 million folks that know what is on the NHRA website, never been there, don't care.  I am one of the couple of thousand Landracing.com users and the content on this site is generally directed toward LSR.  It seems you have posted and removed when you feelings were hurt by a post being moved from one area to a more appropriate area... I guess I don't get it.  If you want to be part of LSR, welcome, if you want to post LSR info we will all welcome that information.  

I get all the jokes and Internet pictures I need in email, I don't need it here.

Everyone has asked you to give credit to the folks you copy... my NHRA notebook if not credit.... from NHRA.com posted by Phil Burgess would be proper credit.  
So sorry for being stupid because I don't frequent the websites you think I should... I am into LSR, not knitting, not NHRA, not basket making, just Land Speed Racing....
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Re: ................................
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2008, 02:42:00 AM »
slim
you created a ALSR section and some how he feels that area is his and only his to post in.. but then he goes and makes this post in the "non LSR" section and now he thinks no one should post on his threads and he calls me stupid.!.... I'm not calling him dumb yet but a smart person would know this is a public forum that anyone can post on... I know what its like first hand to have someone steel my hard work. I also know what its like to do a crap load of work for someone and not get credit for it. So i can only imagine how it would feel to set at a keyboard all day long to type some stuff only to have some dusch bag steel it without permission in attempts to gain credability as he created it himself....and he calls me stupid.?...

bird brain Jim,
Listen jack azz I'm the one who does the name calling on this forum... so here it comes.... in my opinion your a wanna be LSR racer that is just a cut and paste internet expert that just happens to race a promod car cuz he cant find the info on how to build and race a real pro stock car on the internet. Its a good thing you drag racing cuz you probably couldn't keep it straight for more than 6 sec at a time.....
If you don't like it you can meet me outside Callaways gate at 6AM. (only a real LSR racer would know what that means)

and finally i don't hide behind my screen name... i sign every one of my posts...
Kent

thats Mr Riches to you azz hole.

Offline roadster589

• GOD SPEED GARY
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2008, 03:13:26 AM »
Well said kent.  :cheers:
Mike cook jr

Offline Roadsters.com

• Roadsters.com
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2008, 03:13:40 AM »