Author Topic: high speed tires  (Read 8783 times)

Offline chopperusa

• New folks
Re: high speed tires
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2008, 12:44:31 PM »
Thank you bvillercr, the weights of your car at least give me an idea of what the tires have held speed and weight wise.

Offline jl222

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2008, 03:46:57 PM »
Are they readily available?  I've read here that sometimes tires are hard to come by.
When I ordered the 2222's (which Troy and John now have) I ordered them through summit and had them in about 5 weeks but that was in feb 07.Shelby still list them for sale. If I only get one meet out of the M/T's like this year, I may go back to 2222's.
John, I still want those wheels :wink:

U gonna be at El Mirage in May?  If u show u can have them. :-D  Wait a minute, we also have to show for u to get them. :? 
I'm not sure what next years race plans will be (speedweek for sure) but we'll figure it out. Celia wants to go to Yosemite late winter/early spring so may be we'll cruise by one weekend and pick them up.
Brian
P.S. How big is your house? :-D :cheers:

Hi Brian

Were still working on the plans for the house but we have a bigggg barn [actually it looks like an old style barn but it's a modern shop. Stop by on your way to or from Yosimite, we have extra beds and Linda and I would be glad to have you stay hear. Its about two hours to the valley floor from hear.

JL222

« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 04:05:12 PM by jl222 »

saltfever

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2008, 04:36:40 PM »
Thank you bvillercr, the weights of your car at least give me an idea of what the tires have held speed and weight wise.
The "recommended" weight for each tire is listed on the Goodyear site. Goodyear manufacturers the Land Speed tires in "batches". They estimate each year what the need might be and produce a limited amount only. Usually there are enough tires to meet demand. However, in the past certain part numbers may have been out of stock and would not be replaced until the next year. That is the source of the "hard to find" rumor you hear frequently. The LSR tires are sold only through their racing dealers like Shelby, Summit, Roger Kraus. Because of the very low demand, dealers almost always order from a Warehouse Distributor. However, I did find a set of tires that were canceled by a customer and were in stock with Roger Kraus one year.