Bonneville Salt Flats Discussion > Bonneville General Chat

Old Bonneville Pictures

<< < (429/431) > >>

saltwheels262:
my first ride was a 63 Tempest ,( or was it a 62 ? ),:~ :~  it was a four cylinder, 4 on the floor with a rope shaft to a transaxle.
it needed an alternator and had electrical gremlins.

it was given to me. I didn't put many miles on it. Don't even remember if it was a 2 door or 4 door. thinking 2 door - and it was a sedan.

Franey

ratpatrol66:
It's a 195 for sure!

Jack Gifford:

--- Quote from: ratpatrol66 on June 19, 2015, 09:59:52 PM --- ,,, It's a 195 for sure!...
--- End quote ---
Not anymore, it isn't. :-)

I'm guessing this example followed some time after Mickey's half-a-Tempest ('62 or '63?). With a 2-71 blower, it made 257 HP on 25% nitro @ 5,000 RPM- which is where the dyno run ended, due to excess vibration. :| As a blown-H engine it got him a record, but I don't remember what vehicle type.

N72727:
Old magazine.

suekinny44:
Matt Guzetta...it is with regret, I inform you that Bill Wirges has passed away at the age of 84 in his home town of Princeton, Il.
He was a hometown hero, and legend to many, as the Wirges name is very well know in racing circles.
He is my Uncle and if I was savvy on technology I would post pics of him and his streamliner.  He is a member of the 200 mph club.  He was very proud of that..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version