Author Topic: Old Bonneville Pictures  (Read 1310911 times)

Offline Peter Jack

Re: Old Bonneville Pictures
« Reply #1770 on: November 06, 2011, 10:44:18 AM »
Things have sure changed since the days when everyone, including often the driver, wore suits and ties to the races. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Pete

Offline Tman

« Reply #1771 on: November 06, 2011, 10:47:22 AM »
Things have sure changed since the days when everyone, including often the driver, wore suits and ties to the races. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Pete

I think we will require our team to wear whites like in my dads racing days.

Offline Freud

« Reply #1772 on: November 06, 2011, 12:09:54 PM »
The AMA required whites for everyone, journalists, fotogs, racers and crew until teams started wearing clothing that

was provided by the sponsors.  Now you seldom ever see whites at the races.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #1773 on: November 06, 2011, 12:55:53 PM »
  My underwear is always white... the first day... :-o              Bob :roll:
Bob Drury

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1774 on: November 06, 2011, 01:06:52 PM »
All that look at this Forum and wonder why it exists:  Note Bob's comment, above.  By reading the Forum you can learn lots and lots of vital information that might be vital to your racing efforts. :roll: :roll:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 36hplandspeedracer

• Age 70
« Reply #1775 on: November 06, 2011, 01:32:39 PM »
All that look at this Forum and wonder why it exists:  Note Bob's comment, above.  By reading the Forum you can learn lots and lots of vital information that might be vital to your racing efforts. :roll: :roll:

Seldom, with the number of views and contributions this forum has gathered, it has to be one of LandRacings.coms most popular. Do folks 'really' question it's presence?

Burly

Offline Tman

« Reply #1776 on: November 06, 2011, 02:26:56 PM »
The AMA required whites for everyone, journalists, fotogs, racers and crew until teams started wearing clothing that

was provided by the sponsors.  Now you seldom ever see whites at the races.

FREUD

We had this discussion on the HAMB 10 years ago, you got tho the circle track or local drags and most folks look like redneck ragamuffins. If not whites, I think a uniform of some sort needs to be worn in ALL forms of racing.

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #1777 on: November 06, 2011, 03:57:11 PM »
When I raced stock cars the requirement was whites or car colours, the latter meaning uniforms of some sort. The latter was the beginning of the end as the flexibility just grew from there. I still think whites or matching crew uniforms look the best. :-D :-D :-D

Pete

Offline RichFox

« Reply #1778 on: November 06, 2011, 04:07:49 PM »
I still have my Bakers whites that USAC required in '65. Not to sure they still fit.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #1779 on: November 06, 2011, 04:14:12 PM »
I think it should be for old Bonneville and lakes pictures. The other stuff can go to other forums on the site so everyone knows BD has a racing sripe in his undies.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1780 on: November 06, 2011, 06:47:46 PM »
Burly, Glen's got it right.  My comment must have flown a tad too high and over your (and that of others) head.  I was just jerking Bob Drury's chain about his underpants.  I agree further with glen - let's get back to the old Bonneville pictures.  I think the discussion of apparel is fine, of course, since it's part of the history - and part of the photos.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Tman

« Reply #1781 on: November 06, 2011, 06:59:05 PM »
We won't go too far off track Slim, but let me know when you need a tangent? I can turn a thread into dancing midgets with flamethrowers in a couple posts! :-D

Offline sixosix354

• New folks
« Reply #1782 on: November 06, 2011, 07:03:37 PM »

Seldom, with the number of views and contributions this forum has gathered, it has to be one of LandRacings.coms most popular. Do folks 'really' question it's presence?

Burly

Offline sixosix354

• New folks
« Reply #1783 on: November 06, 2011, 07:22:34 PM »
Hi. My name is Mike Stewart and I ran a gas roadster at El Mirage and Bonneville in the 70s and early 80s with my wife Priscilla. The name of the car was Family Affair. It was a yellow 29 roadster with a 354 Hemi engine on gas. I got in the El Mirage and Bonneville 200 clubs with the car when I ran A/GR. I just recently was given a link to this site and enjoy it very much. I have a lot of old pics from the 50s to the 80s and will see if I can post some. I have to say Hi to Burly. Have seen some of your pics of my dad on here. Very cool.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #1784 on: November 06, 2011, 07:33:21 PM »
Mike, we would love to see your old photos. As one who saw you run many times over the years you photo history would be a great asset to landracing. Go for it.
 :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah