Author Topic: Site Picture Problems????????  (Read 6521 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Site Picture Problems????????
« on: December 18, 2008, 11:49:40 PM »
Jon while I was at Stainless's house he mentioned he can't see pictures that are on the site at times if he is "logged in", but can see them if he logs out and then back in as a "guest".

I then thought that there were posts that I had viewed where people where talking about a picture and I couldn't see one.  Well I'm having the same problem.  Log out and then back in as a guest and the pictures appear.

Anyone else having this problem??

Sum

Offline Roadster943

Re: Site Picture Problems????????
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 12:00:33 AM »

I checked out some pictures a week or two ago and just tried again while logged on, no problem with me. That is not normal, I usually have all the problems :-D.  Vince
Land Speed Racing, The sheer joy of spending every dime you've got racing for nothing but glory. David Freiburger

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 10:33:33 AM »

I checked out some pictures a week or two ago and just tried again while logged on, no problem with me. That is not normal, I usually have all the problems :-D.  Vince

I can see pictures just fine that are actually on another site like say mine and there is a link to them using the image command like this one:

If the picture is hosted on this site, like Willie's build pictures I can't see them if I'm logged in,

Sum

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 10:39:29 AM »
Yes, there are issues.  Bob and I are working through them one at a time, sometimes more than one at a time.  Like -- some folks are finding they're banned -- without me having banned them and without them being on the list of banned members.  Hunh?  And those little ads that appear now and then -- they're from Adbrite, and I think they're the ones that show up when you put the cursor on a word that's underlined/linked.  We can't turn them off, and I can't figure out how they got there.  There were on the site when I bought it -- and I can't find any record - nor have I have received any revenue from them.  I'm trying to make them go away at least 'til I get something for them being there.

Pictures that are linked from photobucket, for instance -- those do make it through, Sum?  But the ones that are posted directly on the site don't?  Is this what you mean?  Confirm at your leisure so I can have Bob see if he can figure out the problem.

Thanks.  We're getting there, one step at a time.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 10:58:27 AM »
........Pictures that are linked from photobucket, for instance -- those do make it through, Sum?  But the ones that are posted directly on the site don't?  Is this what you mean?  ............

That is right they don't show up if I'm logged in, but if I log out and then come back to the site and don't log in under my user name they are visible.  I think this is the same issue Stainless is having.  I deleted my "cookies" on my computer and still have the problem.

Take care of it as you have time,

Sum

dwarner

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 12:48:13 PM »
I have the same problem. Have not tried a solution, just let it go.

DW

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 01:04:53 PM »
Just to confuse things: I see the pictures on Willy's build site just fine and have NO underlined words (and no pop-ups).

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 01:19:50 PM »
Sum and Dan, see if you have the additional option to post a picture, that is gone for me also...  :-o
Ratcliff Virus...  :?
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 01:26:28 PM »
I've noticed that the pictures from photo bucket are disappearing .             

Sheri Buchta

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 01:51:19 PM »
Sum and Dan, see if you have the additional option to post a picture, that is gone for me also...  :-o
Ratcliff Virus...  :?

Here is an attempt at putting a picture on the site and posting it using the attachments.....

.......... well that didn't work as when I hit the "Additional Options" while posting a reply I no longer see the option of adding an attachment,

Sum

Offline bobc

• Administrator
    • South Mt. Web Design
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 11:17:19 AM »
Troubleshooting......

1) Attachments are back..... I'll post one here and y'all see if you can see it......

2) On the problem with pictures disappearing if you're logged in, but visible if you're a guest.... can someone point me to a post where that happens? 

3) Did it used to be possible to *insert* an image directly in your post from (say) the Landracing photo gallery?  Again, if someone knows of an old post where that worked, it'd help a lot to be able to see it.  Inserting an image form something like your own web site seems to work fine, as opposed to inserting something from a database-driven gallery.

:cheers:
Thanks,
BobC
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 11:23:32 AM by bobc »
Web Elf

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2008, 11:21:06 AM »
Good, Bob.  Thanks.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 12:57:17 AM »
Screenshot..... more picture troubleshooting stuff.

What is the problem you are "trying" to "tell" us..?

J

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2008, 08:30:57 AM »
I am with Dan----but in my case  just  so techinacally challanged :?  didn't try any OPTIONS :?
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2008, 11:25:16 AM »
Troubleshooting......

1) Attachments are back..... I'll post one here and y'all see if you can see it................
Thanks,
BobC

It all looks fixed to me, I can see again  8-),

Thanks Bob