Author Topic: D/BSTR under construction  (Read 56411 times)

Offline wilcox garage

Re: D/BSTR under construction
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2011, 11:28:36 PM »
I had two spins , I haven't had time to upload the second spin , it makes you dizzy!
  Yes Lee knew who we were , so did D.W., Steve Davies , and Adam our spin inspector . We spent more than our fair share of time with inspectors.
  Yes we ran course 1 on all passes , we had 8 total runs, 3 qualifiers , 3 failed attempts, 2 spins ,  1 that was 3 mph short of qualifying and gave Ron Caps a good show of sliding sideways because of a chute steering the car!
  Yes we will be back !
Mark Wilcox,
142 D/BSTR  record qualifier 2011 219.935
182 D/BGMMP record holder 2019 215.798

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2011, 10:44:10 AM »
I saw you guys on the line for one of your record backup runs and was wondering why you run that type of video camera? That is like adding a small barn door to your car. If you were running a consistent 10 mph over the record maybe it wouldn't be such a big deal but you are right at the record and to then run that camera just looks to me like you are not serious, and I know that is not true as you had to many guys with mohawks  to not be trying hard.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline wilcox garage

« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2011, 12:32:40 PM »
We run the camera there to see the wheel and see where the car is driving. I have a very dedicated hard working crew who give up many nights after long days at work , weekends , and a weeks vacation away from family to follow me to the salt to help me . After all the serious business is done with the car the second thing is to HAVE FUN ! I feel we have gained more with the camera than we have lost in MPH because of it.
Mark Wilcox,

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2011, 01:14:03 PM »
Mark,
I could see that your crew was busting a$$ all of the time and your real challenge was getting the right end of your roadster to be the first thing through the timing lights! Great job.

Just to put a number on the cost in HP for your camera I assumed it was 3"x4" in area and the Cd is 1.1 (flat plate) at 217 mph (I think that was your speed) it takes 6.4 hp to have the camera along for the ride.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2011, 01:54:40 PM »
Frt gear drive for the ProCharger should offset the camera drag  :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Jorge

• "Foot on the gas till you see god then stop"
« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2011, 02:28:40 PM »
gopro.com They make small HD video cameras that you can mount pretty much anywhere. Maybe its something to look into if you havent already.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy $hit, what a ride!"

Offline wilcox garage

« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2011, 04:22:39 PM »

That sure would help!! We just need the Roadster committee let me bend a few rules so it can fit. LOL!!!
Mark Wilcox,

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2011, 04:51:12 PM »
drive it off the drive shaft then
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline wilcox garage

« Reply #113 on: September 11, 2011, 02:51:17 PM »
The Roadster will spend the rest of the year with the intercooler removed, passenger seat and street tires  installed , time to hit  the street, the local cruise in and a few car shows! Just your average 200 MPH grocery getter !!
Mark Wilcox,

Offline Jorge

• "Foot on the gas till you see god then stop"
« Reply #114 on: September 11, 2011, 08:10:36 PM »
They were selling a calendar at El Mirage today and theres a picture of you and your band of Mohawk buddies looking like the Jesse James Gang very cool looking :evil: picture and awesome calendar too. "GROCERY GETTER" I think you're going to pass everything but gas stations :-D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 08:16:07 PM by Jorge »
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy $hit, what a ride!"

Offline wilcox garage

« Reply #115 on: September 11, 2011, 10:34:21 PM »
Yes we were very excited to see our picture in the calendar !! We bought a bunch for the people who couldn't make the trip. I swapped out the water tank for a 16 gallon fuel tank , it now seems to get better than the 2 mph that it was getting on the salt!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 02:07:00 AM by wilcox garage »
Mark Wilcox,

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #116 on: September 12, 2011, 12:58:14 AM »
Hi Mark,
I didn't get a chance to talk to you during the week, I did spend ten minutes eating mexican one night at the little slot at the Nugget with two of your crew, I dunno if they'd remember, they'd given it a fair shove. You must have been up there with select company , you qualified three times yeah?

The car looked great, and running hot on the record was great drama , I'm guessing you ain't giving up anytime soon?

Congrats on getting close.
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline jl222

« Reply #117 on: September 12, 2011, 01:56:30 AM »

That sure would help!! We just need the Roadster committee let me bend a few rules so it can fit. LOL!!!

You mean they won't let you extent the hood any longer or let you set the engine back further :?

Our F3 procharger measures 20'' from front of pulley to back radius of intake. If a reverse drive it would be 12'' to intake opening from back of bottom pulley. Not much room in a street roadster and if it did fit, air intake thru radiator?

I don't see any rule on spacing of radiator tubes and fins :evil:

JL222

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #118 on: September 12, 2011, 02:20:14 AM »

I don't see any rule on spacing of radiator tubes and fins :evil:

JL222

I would come straight through the radiator and grill like a Bentley or Stutz, but a higher.  If done properly you might be able to get an aero advantage. Maybe even run an air conditioning condenser (with a tighter fin count) in place of the radiator to gain some space and aero help :-D Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline Sideshow

• New folks
« Reply #119 on: September 12, 2011, 07:29:08 AM »
The Roadster will spend the rest of the year with the intercooler removed, passenger seat and street tires  installed , time to hit  the street, the local cruise in and a few car shows! Just your average 200 MPH grocery getter !!

Thats livin!!! :cheers: