Author Topic: Anything going on for ECTA  (Read 32169 times)

Offline 55chevr

Re: Anything going on for ECTA
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2009, 07:37:11 PM »
Todd,
Any idea when 2009 ECTA rule book will be available?

Joe

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2009, 10:08:52 PM »
Rumour has it they are going to print within the next few days so hopefully it won't be too long!

Debbie
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2009, 10:34:32 PM »
I know this isn't a rule question thread or in a rule question topic, but it is ECTA related so I thought i'd throw a thought in before it gets either out of hand or buried down deep, (not sure the latter would be so bad for now though).
Todd,
I have to disagree on your thought about the latter, now is the perfect time to bring this out while racers are planning and building for the upcoming season. The reason I brought this up further is because a racer stated he was in the planning stages of his fairing earlier in this thread.

Here is the 2009 modification to the rule you are asking about:

Randy, you are referencing a "modification to a rule", not a "replacement for an entire rule", and you are doing so with an SCTA reference in an ECTA zone.

Todd, this was brought up in this "ECTA" Zone because of a previous question I asked about this subject in the ECTA zone...

Will the SCTA rule changes for 2009 be incorporated in the 2009 ECTA rule changes? I will be preparing my new partial streamlining for Bonneville and would like to use it at Maxton also.

and your answer was...

Most likely anything that does not jeapordize current safety rules at the ECTA, disqualify current bikes running with ECTA (where possible), or give unfair advantages to new entries over the records they are running on (again, where possible).... then those rules will be adapted.

"In general" though as far as your vehicle running at Maxton, if you can run it at the SCTA and it does not conflict with ECTA safety standards then it will be able to run at the ECTA.

The idea is that the ECTA is there to allow SCTA entrants to do their tune up runs and also qualify for records if possible, while at the same time (when possible) keeping the integrity of the existing ECTA records and the rules that were followed to obtain them.
Todd

This thread is about what's going on in the ECTA. We will be racing before the first SCTA runs at El Mirage, so why don't you think it's appropriate to discuss this here and now?

My interpretation on the modification to the rule paragraph is presented as just that...my intepretation. I have stated clearly the the rule modification is not clear and can be misconstrued to read both ways since we don't have the full rule listed on the SCTA website.

I think it would be good to discuss this, but I don't think it will be completely resolved until we have an SCTA rulebook in hand. This discussion will alert racers that are still building or planning for the upcoming season there could be some change when the rule book is published.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 11:14:32 PM by Rchop »
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2009, 11:21:19 PM »
Randy, I only meant that a discussion concerning rules (that may or may not be relevant to our organization) might be better addressed in the rule section of this site. As you quoted me above... well the words are there to read.

Sorry if my words today were misunderstood or I put them in a manner other then a;
"we're on the edge of the books going to print, let's see what that print is and get some clear as mud definitions on those words".
I'm very aware of us leading the SCTA on the events as well as the rulebooks going to print, it's been that way for a decade or more now.

Guess I've had quite a few calls in the recent weeks (up to and including today), concerning changes (and misinterpretations of them), to rules that aren't even official for the ECTA as of yet (moreso just internet banner or rumor mill style).

I suppose I should of sat back and let the internet do it's thing... please carry on.
My apologies, seriously.

As always, if you have any specific questions I can help with or clarify feel free to call me, I seem to do much better on the phone apparently.

Look forward to seeing you soon,
Todd
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 11:23:18 PM by narider »

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2009, 11:40:07 PM »
No problem Todd, I would just hate to see someone cut that rear wheel hole out of a nice new fairing if they don't have to...probably just wishful thinking on my part anyway   :-D :-D

Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline dr j

• Honda CRF250 & RS125 & 1954 Moto Parilla 175
« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2009, 12:28:47 AM »
Randy and Todd,
Thanks for the replies on the rear fairing question.  I will just wait for the rulebook and then ask questions in the ECTA rule section if further clarification is needed  since I only run at Maxton.  And Todd I totally agree with your comment that "any rule changes not related to safety or simply clarifying existing rules, can do no more then give the next years entrants running in that class an unfair advantage or disadvantage."
Jarl- Moto Madcap
Sharpsburg MD
BUB2012- Morini 350- 4 Mod Pushrod records, Parilla 175- M-VG rec
250cc 4stroke Nitrous Motorcycle- 131.8mph
250/4 Naked Motorcycle-115.6mph
APS/F-125/2 115.2mph
P/PV-175/4 Moto Parilla-59.7mph
29 Retired Maxton Class Records on 3 bikes and 4 engines

Offline 2fast4u2c

• http://www.TigerRacingProducts.com
« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2009, 08:12:24 AM »
This is a great thread no matter what.  LSR is fast becoming an everymans/womans sport.  New venues are popping up all over the country and I'm still an old fat fart.  Can wait for the snow to quit.  6 inches this morning already and still coming down.

Guy
300mph or Bust in 1 mile!!!

Tiger Racing