Author Topic: Anything going on for ECTA  (Read 32151 times)

Offline bearingburner

Re: Anything going on for ECTA
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2008, 12:17:15 PM »
We are still working on our rear engined lakester(6+years) . Motor will will be a stone stock turbo 2.3 Merkur
with C-4 transmission. Just finished fitting roll cage awaiting our TIG welder to return fo N.Carolina. Holidays along with weather problems have kept work down for the past couple of weeks. Hope to run ine October.

Offline 1 fast evo 2

« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2008, 11:52:46 AM »
1st off, happy holidays to everyone.
About my goals for Maxton this year: I hope to attend 2-3 times. Most likely April and sept. hopefully a mid summer race as well.

I am also going to have the car in (hopefully)a more race ready state when I arrive. So that I can actually wander around and talk to all you good people. It really sucks just barely getting the car finished enough to get to the race, and to constantly work on it at the track because you don't get things finished on time at home.

As far as performance- I am going to try and step it up quite a bit. I am looking for 10-15 mph more. 

P.S.-I am also trying to make A car ready for Bonneville.

Mike Reichen

E.C.T.A. 200 MPH club
Winner HOTROD TOPSPEED CHALLENGE (superstreet) 2008
My EVO 2 - 8.96@158 mph in the 1/4
221.4 mph at Maxton sept. 08
223.6 mph at the Texas mile oct. 08
237.6 mph at Maxton april 2010

Offline t russell

« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2008, 04:29:52 PM »
Mike thats cool
terry

LittleLiner

« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2008, 05:00:24 PM »
Mike at those speeds you will again be in the hunt for top time at the Hot Rod Meet. 

As far as our efforts this coming year - the hand formed titanium body is nearly complete on the AA/FS streamliner and we are working on the couplers to mate the four Hemi engines. To save time and money we will be running unblown with nitrous.   . . . . OK . . . just kidding. :evil:

The real plan is to run the Suzuki Swift GT (with turbo) again this year.  I am working on a belly pan to make the car legal for H/BFCC and H/BGCC - both records are soft.  I am also going to have the car dyno'd and bump the turbo boost up to 20PSI. 

Personal goals are to set records in every H/BG and H/BF class in SS, GC, ALT and CC at speeds approaching 135.

Also toying with the idea of going to USFRA's World of Speed and taking a shot at the 130mph club.  Not likely to achieve it but worth a try.

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2008, 11:18:42 PM »
Took the "E" motor out of the Vicky so we can prep it and switch over to a 4 speed Tex Super T 10 for the Studebaker build. Once Joe T from DCW get the chassis design and quote to me we will try to move quickly so to make Maxton in April or May with the new car. 

If not ready by then, we dyno'd the new "C" motor for the Vicky on Monday and got it the car today. Hope to fire it up in the car by noon tomorrow. If the Stude is not ready, I can run the Vicky with the Pump Gas "C" motor in several classes.

Charles

I will post a few pics here and update my photobucket later tomorrow if all goes well.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 11:20:13 PM by Cajun Kid »
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline Cajun Kid

« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2008, 06:48:15 PM »
Got the new motor fired up and test drove the car for about 30 minutes.. Just got finished with the once over inspection and changing the oil. WOW this motor is WICKED in this light little car..!!!! ( I had no idea how much more power an extra 117 cubic inches can deliver (well the torque is what is really noticable).

Charles
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

Offline t russell

« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2008, 08:22:58 PM »
Cool I havent got to any thing yet
terry

Offline Cajun Kid

« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2008, 10:06:47 PM »
Terry,
You better get busy..April will be here before you know it... I hope to have the new car done, but at best a 50/50 shot,,, so the Vicky is the back up race car till the Stude gets done,,,,

I need sponsoship $$$$$   (don't we all ????)

Are you coming to the Race car show in Greensboro the last Friday and Saturday of January ??

Charles
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

Offline JackB750

« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2008, 02:36:35 PM »
I suppose the simple answer to "What's up for 2009?" is that my little team had to change it's name from "Project 750 Assault."  NO, we're not hiding from anyone (the IRS? DEA?) and we're not going into the witness protection program. Under our new moniker "PerformanceWerx" we're gonna actually run something other that our GSXR 750 from '08. There is a normally aspirated GSXR 1000 sitting here in my shop, an entire area of the shop is dedicated to a number of electronics upgrades and features, and a full bodywork kit is on order from AirTech and Kent. 2009 won't see us jumping around to a whole bunch of classes at Maxton either. As a first year team that was a great way to get lots of Maxton experience, and we accomplished everything we might have hoped for in 2008, but we will be more focused in 2009. The focus will be to simply get a lot more experience at higher speeds and (as my head doesn't have much hair to keep me warm) maybe the goal will simply be to get some sort of new hat to wear. Time will tell. Program is to run 4 Maxton events (April, May, Sept, & Oct) and to go back to Bonneville (most likely Speed Week) to learn more! Oh yeah, I still have the 750 and will probably drag it out later in the season to follow up on some unfinished business at Maxton! Happy , safe, and prosperous New Year to all!
Jack Broomall       
PerformanceWerx-Chasing Motorcycle Land Speed Records ;

Offline t russell

« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2008, 03:03:24 PM »
Terry,
You better get busy..April will be here before you know it... I hope to have the new car done, but at best a 50/50 shot,,, so the Vicky is the back up race car till the Stude gets done,,,,

I need sponsoship $$$$$   (don't we all ????)

Are you coming to the Race car show in Greensboro the last Friday and Saturday of January ??

Charles
Yes time is flying by.
As for sponsership I saw the decal on your car(you can't out run money.) :lol:
If the show was on sunday I know I wwould be there,as of now it is up in the air.
Hope you have a good new year.
terry

Offline Cajun Kid

« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2008, 03:56:17 PM »
Terry,  yep my Crew Chief (Joe)  was joking around and made the sticker...
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

Offline krusty

« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2008, 03:59:45 PM »
Ours (Bob Blakely and I) is to get the new D/GRMR built, teched, and raced at the June Maxton event in preparation for Speedweek. So far, I have the following: '27 roadster 'glass body, nose piece from the mold that produced the nose on the #906 we ran this year, a Jerico 4 speed with no tailshaft and couplers from Mark Williams, a pair of '40 Ford spindles, a 2007 Hendrick SB2 engine, a 2.8" stroke crank (thanks, Keith), lots of ideas & designs, and about 6 months :-o. We're about 2 weeks away from chassis drawings in Solidworks and will start laying pipe then. Division of labor: Bob: $ and driving    Vic: builder/crew chief   Keith Dorton: engine builder/tuner   I'm thinkin' I'm gonna be busy...     vic

Offline Cajun Kid

« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2008, 08:51:43 PM »
Vic,

Good luck on the build... I know it will be a first class ride.... Give me a call on the motor stuff...

Happy New Year to All.

Charles
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

Offline jeffb

« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2009, 08:05:31 PM »
I am a completely rebuilding my 1650 pushrod engine after toasting an exhaust valve on nitrous in October.  I tore it down to the crank pin, so everything will be fresh.  I plan on running open at Maxton this year.  Hope to go 180+ and make it to a couple of meets in '09.

I am also starting to build a 3000cc PG class Buell S2.  160 CID.  I have the rolling chassis mocked up with a shell engine.  I had hoped to have it ready for Maxton and Bonneville this year, but I don't think the cash flow situation is going to allow it.  Maybe next year.

Jeff

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2009, 05:01:30 PM »
Jeff B  .... Looking forward to seeing the big inch bike. 

Joe