Author Topic: Anything going on for ECTA  (Read 32150 times)

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
Re: Anything going on for ECTA
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 02:09:37 PM »
Good point Dean. You should change to square fork tubes.  :evil:

Debbie  :-D
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline sabat

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 02:20:52 PM »
OK, I see your point John (and Kent) and will look again at the swingarm tank location. The ballast side effect would be good I guess, but the refilling will require a new filler cap location. Wish I could weld.

La la la I don't hear you Deb :)

Offline sabat

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 02:21:43 PM »
Rchop congrats on selling your bike to a museum, that is too cool.

Offline sabat

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 02:28:16 PM »
Btw, bring that bike to El Mirage with bodywork after all if Jim Higgins can run 206+ in the dirt with a 750 you should be able to go faster and get another one of those fancy head cover things to add to your growing collection.. :-D

Bodywork my eye, I'd come after your records, pal!!!    :cheers:

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2008, 02:34:23 PM »
Sorry to see the Beemer go, I still have a soft spot for them. Made my first pass on the salt on one 30yrs ago on one, didnt go very fast but got hooked. This year was my first time to compete since 1978. I was the guy on the Hayabusa in white BMW leathers, yup same ones. :-D
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2008, 02:43:59 PM »
Btw, bring that bike to El Mirage with bodywork after all if Jim Higgins can run 206+ in the dirt with a 750 you should be able to go faster and get another one of those fancy head cover things to add to your growing collection.. :-D

Bodywork my eye, I'd come after your records, pal!!!    :cheers:

Dean,

I was only comparing a turbo 750 with bodywork to a 1000 turbo with bodywork..I know you could get those records from me, after all I am only borrowing them for a spell.

This year I will ride the 1K bike of mine unfaired or faired and see what it can do..going after another SCTA points championship so I need to record at all of the meets or put down big points at the ones I do record at.

See you here... :cheers:

J

Offline sabat

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2008, 03:52:30 PM »
I'm just bustin' your balls a little, champ :evil: I'm sure you will go very very fast with your Busa 1K, good luck with the threepeat.

What else is happening with the ECTA this winter? What's Charlie got planned I wonder?

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2008, 04:10:39 PM »
Rchop congrats on selling your bike to a museum, that is too cool.

Thanks Sabat, I sold it to Bob Henig, the owner of Bob's BMW in Maryland. He bought it for his BMW vintage, classic and racing museum.

Sorry to see the Beemer go, I still have a soft spot for them. Made my first pass on the salt on one 30yrs ago on one, didnt go very fast but got hooked. This year was my first time to compete since 1978. I was the guy on the Hayabusa in white BMW leathers, yup same ones. :-D

It maybe still had 140mph in it, but I was itchin' to start another build and I got more for it than I thought I would! I wish I could still fit in stuff that I wore in 1978  :mrgreen:
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2008, 04:34:20 PM »
It cost a lot to get me in my '78 leathers.lol :-D
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2008, 04:56:35 PM »
I'm just bustin' your balls a little, champ :evil: I'm sure you will go very very fast with your Busa 1K, good luck with the threepeat.

What else is happening with the ECTA this winter? What's Charlie got planned I wonder?

Dean,
Charlie sold his bike to Scott G and Wayne Pollack will do his best to get the Maxton track record with it, Wayne is capable and the bike is we know that...just wish Dave was there to tune it and look after it like he did for Charlie.

I believe from speaking with Charlie he may be retired from LSR...hopefully not for too long :-D

Offline sabat

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2008, 05:31:21 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that, hope he still comes out to the track.  Good luck to Wayne Pollack and Scott Guthrie, that's an amazing bike that DaveO built.

Offline 2fast4u2c

• http://www.TigerRacingProducts.com
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2008, 06:24:40 PM »
2009 = 235+mph on N2O

Tiger Racing is changing Nitrous Sponsors for 2009. Tiger Racing, known for having the "Worlds Fastest Nitrous Motorcycle" on the planet is continually striving to break new ground and better it's own records, that's why MPS Racing was chosen to be the "Nitrous System" supplier for 2009. "We have investigated dozens of systems and found the MPS 'Spyder Dry Nitrous' system to have what we feel will be the epitomy of nitrous systems for motorcycles" says Guy Caputo owner/rider for Tiger Racing. Mike Caputo of Maximum Performance Cycles in Toledo, OHIO (former AMA Pro-Modified racer) knows his nitrous tune ups which gives Guy the upper hand when competing on the track. Guy races the "Tiger" under some of the most grueling of conditions for a Nitrous motorcycle by racing the Maxton Monster Mile at Maxton, NC. "It's a 1 mile drag race without the 60ft times actually. You are measured for MPH only at the last 132 feet of the 1 mile. A sort of 'how fast can you go' sort of thing" states Guy. Guy also said that "Theres nothing like racing the 1/4 mile drag at an AMA event, but being on the nitrous for 6-8 seconds, while very exciting is nothing compared to being on the juice for 18 seconds or more at the 1 mile, that's where the real test of a motor and tuneup is decided" Guy admits that a 1/4 mile tuneup can be just as difficult to cope with as the 1 mile tuneup, just ask Rob Bush that if you think that's a bunch of hooey. Racing Nitrous at Bonneville also has it's own issues that is all together different than Maxton and can't be compared.

"The new MPS Spyder system and high pressure fuel pump and regulator, along with the MPS 62# injectors are going to be the ticket for a 230+mph blast this year" Guy exclaimed "we could even see a 240mph run if the racing gods are with us."

Thats 2009 for me.

Merry Happy Hanna Kwansa to all,

Guy
300mph or Bust in 1 mile!!!

Tiger Racing

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2008, 06:26:27 PM »
Guy,

Thanks for the ad...Dan would be proud... :-D

Good luck with the 230 mph+ attempts in 2009!

J

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2008, 06:36:37 PM »
John, I won't talk about the shop build since it bored you (8190 views did garner some interest,, lol) and it was a 2008 project.

I am starting on the 1953 Stude build... Hope to Run E/CGALT and break my own records with it at Maxton.

Plan is to bump my current records by at least 20mph by end of 2009 at Maxton.

Next goal if funds available,,, head to Bonneville and break 200mph.. juts a dream, but don't count me out on that one,,,

Merry Christmas to All...

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2008, 06:42:51 PM »

That's Nancy's Ninja 250, fresh after a hose-down.  If you look right in the upper center of the photo you can see the icewater - to - air intercooler, between the air stacks and the fuel injection, directly behind the L S R oval sticker.  The fuel tank filler is visible in the upper right corner -- with a blue hose on the upside-down valve.  The fuel tank itself is a tiny (about 3 quart) tank that Mike fabbed up to hold enough fuel for a complete run.  The ex-fuel tank connects from the bottom of itself to the big braided hose that's here unconnected on the bottom and to the input of the water pump on the top (hard to see here).

I've only got one photo of Mike icing the tank before a run -- and it's a .tif file and Photobucket won't accept it.  Anyway -- he converted the stock fuel tank to become the icewater reservoir for the intercooler - and built the new fuel tank to hold the gas.  (It was fun to be caught by a spectator as we poured water and ice into the gas tank.  We'd tell them it was a new "hybrid" engine...)

So there's an idea for you, Dean -- that doesn't take up much real estate and won't affect your aero in any way.  
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 08:07:39 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com