Author Topic: date  (Read 19595 times)

Offline 2fast4u2c

• http://www.TigerRacingProducts.com
Re: date
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2009, 10:33:28 PM »
a 1 mile tune-up and gearing  is all together different from a 1.5 mile tune-up and gearing.  Which is it, 1 or 1.5 ?

Guy
300mph or Bust in 1 mile!!!

Tiger Racing

Offline 2fast4u2c

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2009, 08:13:55 AM »
Does anybody with any authority know?
1 or 1.5
Curious minds need to know. :mrgreen:

Tiger Racing

Offline TRNorBRN6001

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2009, 09:14:20 AM »
Easy there the dirt fellas are sensitive! Just kidding, but if you would like a comparison, the fellas across the pond run 1.5 on pavement.

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2009, 04:39:41 PM »
At Least one and a half miles, ECTA rules, 7/31/09 Tech/setup, Race 8/1-2.
Decent Aerials at MapQuest ... (Loring AFB).
We are working on finalizing timing config, discount accommodations, remote shot at improving the date (very), and our long promised website.
We have  excellent Safety coverage , Insurance, and commitments to participate as volunteers and racers from all over .
Bob Wanner Co-Conspirator Loring Timing Association ,Limestone, Maine

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2009, 04:51:44 PM »
Bob ... PM sent ... Joe

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2009, 05:01:23 PM »
Bob:

Your 31 July date doesn't look too good for the Seldom Seen Slim teams' chances of attending the event.  We are planning on leaving Marquette that very day -- for Wendover.  (In case you're wondering, whomever you are that's reading this, Nancy and I are part of the crew that sets up the Salt for SpeedWeek and World Finals -- that's why we're going so early).

I know it's your first year, Bob, and I also know that I've said I'd try to be there -- but it looks like the LSR gods have transmogrified together to make it nigh on impossible for Nancy and me to be in Loring this summer.  We'll try again soon, hey?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2009, 05:12:35 PM »
Slim,
I can supply photos from Loring for you ... I dont think I could come close to your running commentary from the special meet ... Joe

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2009, 06:05:19 PM »
Guy just posted it is a confirmed 1.5 mile venue...   :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2009, 06:14:02 PM »
John - Coming out east for Loring ?

Joe

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2009, 07:22:03 PM »
I highly doubt it, maybe if Jason were to swing by on the way and take my new bike while he does an El Mirage event so I could fly in and on the new bike I was not planning to have brakes.

I hope the racers that run the big numbers remember to bring lots of spare tires as they will get eaten up pretty quick..

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2009, 07:37:31 PM »
If I am not mistaken you are in every 2 club that there is so far? You better plan on 2010 ... Joe

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2009, 07:43:07 PM »
Joe, I'll be happy to have some photos from you from Loring.  I'll see what I can get Bob W. to provide to me in the way of run logs and other stuff -- and the more photos, the happier I (and the yahoos on this Forum) will be.  I'll keep working to get the best "coverage" I can wangle for the members, the lurkers, and even the casually-surfing public.

PS  I had to wear the snowshoes again today.  The Christmas tree had been on our front deck for a week - and it was time to get it off the deck and out to the driveway so I can dispose of the tree.  The snow in the yard was 2 feet deep -- so on went the snow shoes to allow me to walk and tow the tree by hand.  Glad that's over with for another year.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline TRNorBRN6001

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2009, 10:03:20 PM »
1.5 Mile  :-D  :-D  :-D    Thats my prozac for the year!!!!

Your awesome Mr. Wanner!!!

SSS I'll chip in photos as well, but I am an amateur.

PS: 81F yesterday....................but a cold front came through I think it was in the upper 50's today.

Offline 2fast4u2c

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2009, 07:28:58 PM »
I highly doubt it, maybe if Jason were to swing by on the way and take my new bike while he does an El Mirage event so I could fly in and on the new bike I was not planning to have brakes.

I hope the racers that run the big numbers remember to bring lots of spare tires as they will get eaten up pretty quick..

Somebody bring John's new Bike and I'll fly him there and back and house and feed him.  Imagine going 275 on the concrete. He'll have to find his own date.

Guy

Tiger Racing

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2009, 04:38:22 PM »
The accelerating surface at Loring is over 90% asphalt, only the first 1000 ft is concrete. Better news for tires, not so much for the ideal traction  of 100% concrete. Like somebody else commented, it's like a very wide straight older asphalt country road.
Every vehicle will be considered according to it's Safety equipt, it's speed potential, and the drivers' experience. It's everybody's first event there, and Safety will be the first, second, and third consideration. I will be a major PIA on this.   We all go 25 mph faster @ a time, one increment  per run. The only considerations will be to current SCTA/ECTA Comp licenses, but the rookie run  policy will apply. I'd recommend serious inspection of the brake system, practicing using BHP for deceleration, (usually not so much used in LSR), appropriate laundry for a longer faster course (cars) , and a stock of fresh readily available underwear if all the former doesn't provide prompt access to the return road.
After the pavement ceases, it's sandy soil, then Canada.
JON !!!... Really gonna miss NANCY, and you. All that could go rong, date-wise, went rong with our first event. Next event you can do a "LTALKs" up here.  We will get somebody to post daily updates to this site, I promise.
We got a cadre of Great Volunteers, car and Bike techs from up this way, I'm very happy. Hope to have some very statre of the  Art Timing equipt, and our tin cans Commo got fresh strings !!! lol, relax.
Bob W LTA Tour Guide