Author Topic: Class Rule-I know  (Read 4419 times)

Offline Mike

• New folks
Class Rule-I know
« on: December 15, 2008, 08:34:08 AM »
I know, I should just get a rulebook but I'm only doing pencil to paper right now.
Can anyone tell me the defining difference between the Street roadster class and the Gas roadster class?
I'm guessing that it is some simple things like headlights, door handles, etc (drag inducing parts that distinguish a street vehicle)

Thanks guys
Mike

dwarner

Re: Class Rule-I know
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 10:55:37 AM »
Among other things your street roadster will have to have rear fenders. The fenders will have to be mounted in the stock location so this pretty much dials out channeling the body. The floor boards and trunk floor have to be above the frame. The hood can be stretched a max. of 3" in the blown classes. Driver must be seated in the OEM position, left or right of the drive shaft. No open louvers on the deck lid or other air ducts. Headers must be able to be capped off, no indivdual stacks, collector tubes must be used.

Any body else? Stan Back is a competitor in the class, he will have more to add I am sure.

DW

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 12:50:24 PM »
You got most of it, Dan.  Plus you must have headlights, full radiator and less engine set-back (15% vs. 25%).  If you wanna be a contender, don't even think dual purpose unless you're in a engine class without much competition.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 04:01:34 PM »
....  If you wanna be a contender, don't even think dual purpose unless you're in a engine class without much competition.

Stan, are you suggesting building one with a Hayabusa engine.... for H  :roll:  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 04:57:54 PM »
Cool,

More cars to run against....

Offline wilcox garage

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 01:22:39 AM »
Here are a couple more to add to the list. All stock panels, including cowl, cowl eyebrow and windshied post mounting stanchions shall be retained. Step pans and streamlining are not allowed, but a cylindrical tank in front of the grill is.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 01:29:00 AM by wilcox garage »
Mark Wilcox,
142 D/BSTR  record qualifier 2011 219.935
182 D/BGMMP record holder 2019 215.798

Offline Mike

• New folks
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 08:53:38 AM »
Thanks for the replies guys.
Sounds like I will be running Gas as opposed to street. ( I dont have fenders )
Obviously the competition will be harder. But that's okay.
I appreciate all your help.
It sounds like my assumptions about the class being very competitive are correct.

Mike
I like a good challenge!

LittleLiner

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 10:59:15 AM »
Also a slight variation of body/year allowed..   you can run a 27 T in STR but not in Fuel/Gas Roadster.

Offline Mike

• New folks
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 10:22:28 AM »
my '30 should be good.
Who knows. maybe it will end up taking a shot at a fuel class.

Damn you all. Giving me all these new ideas! LOL  :-D

Mike

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 10:31:49 AM »
Thanks for the replies guys.
Sounds like I will be running Gas as opposed to street. ( I dont have fenders )........

I wouldn't let fenders stop you from being in street if that is where you want to be as the cost for them in contrast to what you will be spending overall will be like buying a small drink compared to a medium one with your next meal. 

From what I've seen the street classes right now are as competitive as anything out there.  By the way move from a medium drink to a large one and spend the $10 or so on a rule book right now if anyone has them.

Good luck,

Sum

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 10:40:28 AM »
I'd go with C/FR...Next year it should be right at 300 at Bonneville and 260 at El Mirage.......... :-D
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 12:30:33 PM »
Then switch to C/BSTR -- the 17-year-old record at 244 seems soft, too.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 05:48:53 PM »
Easy for you to say, Stan!
5 mph in pit area (clothed)