Author Topic: Modified Sports Wheelbase  (Read 2495 times)

ffstorer

Modified Sports Wheelbase
« on: September 08, 2004, 09:45:00 AM »
Is it allowed by the rules to streach the weelbase in MS?

A picture in the 2004 rules, page 60, of G MS 907 appears to be a car with a streached wheelbase, but I can't identify the orgian of the body so I am only guessing. Does anyone know what car this is, is it the record holder, Doc Jeffries & Doran?

dwarner

Re: Modified Sports Wheelbase
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 10:21:00 AM »
Fred,

Maximum wheelbase in MS class is 130". It is covered in the rulebook. The pictured car is a Berkely, it is not the record holder. The fuel record holder is a Honda S2000, the gas record holder is a Mercury LS-7.

Dan

ffstorer

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 09:06:00 PM »
Dan, then it is OK to increase the wheelbase. That is one long Berkeley. My I GMS car will be based on a Berkeley as well.

Perhaps this is a question for a different forum, but is there a ideal ratio of track to wheelbase? Or is longer wheelbase just better.

Thanks, Fred

ffstorer

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004, 09:11:00 PM »
Dan, then it is OK to increase the wheelbase. That is one long Berkeley. My I GMS car will be based on a Berkeley as well.

Perhaps this is a question for a different forum, but is there a ideal ratio of track to wheelbase? Or is longer wheelbase just better.

Thanks, Fred

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 07:18:00 AM »
The Berkeley seems to be the logical choice for a M/S car...

I am running one as well... Couple of thoughts for you... my wheelbase is 129.750" the front track is much narrower then the back... ( I don't have the exact number handy but around 32")

I'll share anything about the car with you if your interested Fred.

Keith Turk
 kturk@ala.net
 So-Al Racing
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph