Author Topic: Moving my RV to Lumberton Tomorrow  (Read 4022 times)

Offline MiltonP

Moving my RV to Lumberton Tomorrow
« on: November 27, 2008, 12:00:26 AM »
Moving the motorhome 'permanently' to North Carolina tomorrow.  My initial homebase will be the Sleepy Bear Campground just off exit 17 in Lumberton.  While not quite the trackside spot I envision, it will do for now.   :-D  Then I can work over ECTA and Airport management for a spot onsite... maybe in exchange for making it the ECTA-LSR Visitors Information 'Booth'.  Then a small structure with a rooftop observation deck...then maybe the Eastern Museum pf Landspeed Racimg?  Ok, maybe that is a little ambitious but I do have a ton of ideas.   

In the meantime, I still don't have a way to tow the Miata behind the motorhome so I am not sure if I will bring it over to the track in April.  I can tow my jeep 4-down if I go as a non-racer and do volunteer work for an event or two...   Off to bed and then T-day on the road.  Later folks.  have a good one.   :cheers:

Offline knucklenutz

• New folks
Re: Moving my RV to Lumberton Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 01:06:56 PM »
MiltonP
When you get settled in at Lumberton, look up Steve "Booger" Smith at Smith cleaners. His is a stand up guy. He runs a Knucklehead at Maxton. Tell him John K. Endrizzi sent you.
John

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 02:31:10 PM »
Milt, hope the move/trip down goes well.
Where is the Miata going to stay for the winter?  If you need a way to tow the car down in the spring just let me know?  You need to race it,, not store it !!

Happy Thanksgiving

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 07:07:14 PM »
I like non- racer ... bet you will be hearing from Dan Stokes really soon ... He can smell a volunteer.
Joe

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 07:49:14 PM »
SNIFF SNIFF!  What's that I smell? 

But seriously - we'd love to have you.  The more hands the better.  Drop me a PM and we'll happily work out a spot for you - and thanks.

Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 08:11:32 PM »
The RV is down in Lumberton now and the Miata is back here with me in Winchester.  I never rigged the Miata to tow 4 wheels down due to risk of it being untowable after a road course mishap.  Not too much chance of a mishap in LSR rendering it untowable so I may rig it when I am willing to divert some funds.  In the meantime, I will have to camp back at Lumberton.  I don't have room to bring a buddy in the Miata down with me to driver the RV over.

There is a chance I will just come down with my friends in their van and pick up the RV and bring it over.  In that case I will just volunteer that event.  I will definitely get some volunteering in this season Dan.

By the way there is a house for sale on Airbase Road coming in from Maxton within site of the stating line area.  It has about 3,000 sq ft per the owner and 3/4 acre and detached garage listed at $119K. can I keep my RV there if any of you want to buy it? :lol:

LittleLiner

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 11:47:42 PM »
By the way there is a house for sale on Airbase Road coming in from Maxton within site of the stating line area.  It has about 3,000 sq ft per the owner and 3/4 acre and detached garage listed at $119K. can I keep my RV there if any of you want to buy it? :lol:

There goes the neighborhood!!      :-D

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 02:03:36 PM »
It isn't that big!

Offline MiltonP

Couldn't Resist
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 02:05:58 PM »
Okay, so mine is a bit bigger!

Offline MiltonP

Back to Lumberton Thursday
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 11:08:07 PM »
Need to wrap up the NC registration stuff.  Founds a spec miata shop that offers a front tow bracket for only $100 so ordered one and saved $150+ versus others out there.  Just need a warm garage, with a lift hopefully, to get the miata rigged for towing so should be in shape by April.  Also need to get a towbar adapter.