Author Topic: Another Class Question  (Read 3831 times)

Offline hombre

Another Class Question
« on: February 28, 2009, 03:31:17 PM »
Forgive my "fng" question, but I'd like to confirm that my supercharged Triumph Rocket 3 (2300cc) goes in class:

MBG-3000/4 ?

Supercharged, gasoline, with aerodynamic mods?

This way I won't look so simple when I fill out the number and entry forms with wrong class!  :-P

THANKS!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Another Class Question
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 05:52:22 PM »
Show me a bigger picture -- but I think you'd NOT be in M/BG -- because you've got the little windscreen on the front.  The M/BG implies you'd be in "naked" bike class -- no aero is allowed.  If the windscreen is there - and other not-yet-seen aero stuff -- you'd be in M/PS/BG  (Modified/partial streamlining/blown gas).
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline hombre

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 08:30:08 PM »
I figured I'd get the class wrong! Yes, it's partial streamlining, not stock fairing or screen.

OK, see if this is M/PS/BG-3000/4:

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 09:02:42 PM »
MPS/BG 3000 ... That is one tough class to compete in ... record is 244 mph ... Might as well run fuel and go for Yancy ... 260 mph ... Joe

Offline sabat

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 11:23:12 PM »
Well, I was going to post that you could just pull the bikini fairing off and maybe have a better chance in the naked classes, but when I checked the records - I was met by the amazing feats of Bill Warner. 240 in blown gas, 246 in blown fuel (also on gas).

Offline hombre

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 06:32:22 AM »
Thanks, but I'm not expecting any records, and I'm not interested in changing my bike to change class. Just need to know in which class I can run my bike.  :?

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 11:38:28 AM »
Part of the enjoyments in land speed racing is competing for a goal. It doesn't have to be a record. It can be personal best. The big engine bike classes are owned by the in-line 4 cylinder overhead cam Japanese crotch rockets. Just about anything else is not competitive against them. Still fun to make a pass on the course and that's why we do it.

Joe

Offline Freud

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 01:52:14 PM »
If u aren't after a record, u can run any class. No one will challenge you if u aren't close to a class record.

Enter the fun class and ride laps.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline hombre

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 04:23:39 PM »
Part of the enjoyments in land speed racing is competing for a goal. It doesn't have to be a record. It can be personal best. The big engine bike classes are owned by the in-line 4 cylinder overhead cam Japanese crotch rockets. Just about anything else is not competitive against them. Still fun to make a pass on the course and that's why we do it.

Joe

That's exactly what I had in mind... the fastest Rocket 3. Not much of a claim to fame, but be all you can be!  :wink:

So I'll enter MPS/BG 3000 for proper class and swagger.  :-D

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 04:40:30 PM »
If you are the fastest anything you have done something. And you have established something for the next guy or gal on a rocket 3 to shoot for. :cheers:
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing