Author Topic: Girls Just Want to Have Fun...  (Read 23649 times)

Offline WildBro

Re: Girls Just Want to Have Fun...
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2008, 05:10:07 PM »

# 53 I do not recall Connie running that bike however if you are sure...I seem to remember they filled out the forms wrong and they were listed as riding each others bikes..could be wrong however... :-D

No I'm not sure. My only source is the run log listed on the web site. I assume if the paperwork is wrong then it will be listed wrong in the results just like it would at the ECTA. I would like to know for sure so if anyone knows I'd like to know. That is the range Nick usually runs on the turbo bike so it easily could have been him & not her.

Thanks # 53   

:lol: I didn't get the #53 until I saw the stick poke, you guys are funny  :cheers: .

Bill
aka: Tenno Celeritas

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2008, 05:25:57 PM »
Susan's new boy friend won't let her race anymore, he keeps her on a leash.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2008, 05:27:31 PM »
Glen,

Thanks for the visual... :cheers:

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2008, 05:32:20 PM »
Susan and Connie did it in the dirt :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline hayaboosta

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2008, 05:39:17 PM »
Trilly 239  Maxton No record however Maxton 2 club member
Leslie 233 Bonneville 232 AMA record and 2 club record at 206 and reset it with a 209 record
Marcia 229 Bonneville Record Only woman and first to to set a record over 200 in a motorcycle steamliner..30 years ago
Jennifer 222 Texas No records for Texas. Father daughter Texas 2 club members
Deb 212 Maxton No record however an unfaired record 202? and Maxton 2 club member with her better half..
Connie 211 Bonneville 209 record 70 years young and turning 25..
Susan 209? Bonneville 205 record
Racheal 204 Maxton no record

There was another Bonneville 200 Club Woman in a 'Liner (Dolans?).  As it was stated to us at Speedweek, Leslie was the third Woman motorcyclist in the Club, the first ON a motorcycle.      Scott G, any help??
200 MPH Club X 7
Bonneville  "Naked"
 El Mirage    "Naked"
  Maxton       "Naked"
   Mojave        "Naked"
    Loring          "Naked"
     Bub 201       "Naked"
      Texas           "Clothed" (by accident)

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2008, 05:48:01 PM »
Scott,

I never heard about the woman you are referring to?

Who....Who....Who.... :-D

Super Kaz

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2008, 08:50:32 PM »
You forgot Susan Robertson. 205.965 record in 2006 (nitrous busa) with a top speed of 209.494 (to my knowledge) at Bonneville.

Connie I have down as running 217.362 at El Mirage May 08 on Nick's turbo bike. (I think that's her top speed but not positive) With a record of 210.109 on her nitrous busa at Bonneville. She tried running naked but was having trouble with the shoulder injury from going down a few years ago.

M; Marcia Holley is 229.361

Debbie

Deb,
I've been in more then 1 magazine{16 or 17 at last count 8-)},but you never knew :??
"I'm Already Famous Now I want to be RICH :cheers:" is a Very good Quote I heard from The Master Jack Dolan Himself :-o! I'll use it in my new avatar :wink:.
I've even been Fortunate enough to sign a few autographs in my Day. :-D
Can't we all just get along,I Just want to Race!
Peace and Love,
Kaz...................

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2008, 09:41:57 PM »

OK flame away,but comming from someone who gets everything for Free{Money,and Parts while having his 1st child} might Not be a Good Person to start throwing STONES?Me Scott{does my wrenching} I've had to learn Everything on my own{Poverty does that to you} trying to do whats never been done before{200+mph Faired and Unfaired on a Real HD V-rod Motorcycle.

Kaz,

Please don't try and make everyone feel sorry for you with the poverty stricken bullsh%t............I have seen your house, back yard, car, truck and bike. Your house is nicer than 90% of the people on this board so please spare us, you are hardly close to poverty.........

And yep I had some people from another board donate me money to race, sounds like your jealous about that as well, but remember they gave it to me because they saw something that made them want to help, not someone bitching and whining he didn't get a free ride. Hey, didn't Noonan let you ride the sidecar this year? Weren't you driving someone elses vehicle at Bonneville this year??

You should apologize to all of the women of LSR for your comments.

Scott
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 09:43:37 PM by isiahstites »

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2008, 09:42:28 PM »

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2008, 10:30:21 PM »
Kaz,
 You've been in 16 or 17 magazines. You're bitching on a thread about Girls land speed racing, that they are getting the attention and you are not. Now I don't know for sure, but from what I've seen so far, out of all of the women racing bikes in LSR, heck, probably even all the women racing LSR period, regardless of speed, I'm pretty sure there haven't been 16 or 17 articles done on women in the sport let alone 16 or 17 magazines. Exactly how do you feel slighted? Clearly you've received more coverage for yourself alone. How about Marcia Holley? She got in the 200 MPH club 30 years ago and was shunned for doing it. They went out of their way to try to keep her out of the club. News bulletin, she's been faster then you, where's her magazine article? Then you have the audacity to bitch in a thread about women that you're being slighted. You SO don't want to get me started on equal treatment because unlike the young women now getting involved in the sport, Marcia and myself have lived with the chauvinism. We've lived a lifetime of men saying women don't belong in the sport, women shouldn't drive fast cars and on & on. Now finally we come to a place and time where true equality can be achieved and here you sit bitching that you're not getting your credit due. Get over yourself. Warner Riley ran 212 on an ironhead sportster (old technology) 30 years ago. You've gone just a little faster with new technology. Do something outstanding and maybe you'll get another article but whatever, quit bitching that someone else that worked hard got a tiny piece of recognition. This is an amateur sport, we do it for the love of racing. There's no purse, there's no publicity. Maybe you should be racing elsewhere if you have this unending need for public recognition. But what ever you choose, please stop bitching when someone else is celebrated.
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2008, 10:36:08 PM »
Deb... I don't really care about the Female factor...

I just applaud your courage and fortitude... Your a Very impressive racer with the heart of a lion...  it's been very enjoyable to follow.

Keith
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2008, 10:41:15 PM »
Scott G,
I have Susan hitting #2 in 2006. I have some other notes to consult but at the moment that's what I have.

As for Marcia, two things I'm wondering, what was her open wheeled bike speed and what was her actual top speed for the streamlined bike. Her record is 229.361 which is an average so I'm wondering if we know what her actual top speed was.

Back to Connie I think it's likely that there was a paperwork snafu as #45 mentioned and that the 217 was actually Nick's run. With that in mind I'm going to roll her back in my notes to a top speed of 211.284 and top record of 210.109 until I hear differently.

Debbie

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2008, 11:09:30 PM »
So, at least for open wheel bikes,
the order for the fastest woman
motorcycle rider looks like:

1)....Marcia Holley...........1978
2)....Susan Robertson...   ?
3)....Trillium Muir.............2007
4)....Debbie Dross...........2007
5)....Lesslie Porterfield.....2008
6)....Trillium Muir.............2008

Any corrections?

I don't understand what you are listing here Scott.  Why is Trillium's name twice?

Bill

Bill AKA faster than me naked :cheers:

Scott is giving the time-line of the fastest women and how Trilly came back from being the fastest at 204+ to again reclaim the fastest female title with superb runs of 239+ in 2008.. :cheers:

Thant is how I read it however in 2007 Marcia was still faster..

Offline WildBro

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2008, 11:16:38 PM »
I got it John.  I think Scotts using Marcia's on bike speed.  He'll also have to put Trilly's name up again, since Deb only had it for 3 hrs 45 mins.

Bill
aka: Tenno Celeritas

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2008, 11:18:38 PM »
So, at least for open wheel bikes,
the order for the fastest woman
motorcycle rider looks like:

2)....Susan Robertson...   ?
5)....Lesslie Porterfield.....2008
6)....Trillium Muir.............2008

Any corrections?

I don't understand what you are listing here Scott.  Why is Trillium's name twice?

Bill

Bill AKA faster than me naked :cheers:

Scott is giving the time-line of the fastest women and how Trilly came back from being the fastest at 204+ to again reclaim the fastest female title with superb runs of 239+ in 2008.. :cheers:

Thant is how I read it however in 2007 Marcia was still faster..

Okay boys, I know there's a lot of words in there but the list is "open wheel"  :-D and yes, it's the timeline of the title "Fastest Woman on an open-wheel bike"

And actually I'm thinking it should be:
2)....Susan Robertson......2006
5)....Trillium Muir.............2007
6)....Lesslie Porterfield.....2008
7)....Trillium Muir.............2008

Debbie