Author Topic: Girls Just Want to Have Fun...  (Read 23681 times)

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
Re: Girls Just Want to Have Fun...
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 02:26:48 PM »
I know I don't understand all that Kaz wrote and I'm not going back over it to try.

One thing I've learned in this sport is if you spend all of your time comparing yourself to someone else you will never ever ever be happy with your own performance. There will always be someone faster, there will always be someone more deserving, there will always be someone less deserving, there will always be someone that looks better, speaks better, wrenches better, races better, has more money, has more sponsors, has less money, has less sponsors, always gets mentioned, never gets mentioned..... you get the picture!

So what if someone sets records with someone else’s vehicle? That’s more the norm then the exception in LSR. Setting a record, for the most part means you ran faster then someone else. What I also like to see is who piloted the vehicle fastest for its configuration? That shows accomplishment. Did you get every last mph out of it? Did you run it faster then all the others? Did you push it to the limit? Did you push your own limit? Personal bests are something to be proud of. It means you went beyond where you've been before so what if it's slower then someone else. There are just so many ways to look at what people do that it makes no sense to make judgments. By making judgments all you end up doing is putting the person down that you're judging and what is the point of that? If you're faster then me then good for you but that doesn't take away from my accomplishment of my top speed and top record. If I'm faster then you so what, you're still out there racing and going as fast as you've been. How fast I've been is irrelevant to each person’s personal accomplishment. I mean really, the only true way to judge the ultimate top dog is to have everyone running the same machine under the same conditions back to back to see who does it best. That’s the only way to know which pilot is the best.

Kaz you whine an awful lot about being compared to the girls but how about being one of the girls that doesn't get any mention? You know, to my knowledge, there are only 8 women who have piloted a bike over 200 mph in any form of LSR racing. Can you name all 8? To be one of 8 women in the world to have accomplished something is pretty unique and yet all 8 of them aren't even known. Some have set records, some are in a 200 mph club, and some only have the timeslip to prove it. This is life! If you're in it to be a rock star then go get a guitar, if you're in it to race then race. Do something noteworthy, have a good attitude, help your fellow racers, then someone will be intrigued with your story and struggle and write about you too. But I guess you need to ask yourself, do I want to race or do I just want someone to pay attention to me? Would you continue to race if nobody ever mentioned your name again? I know I would!

look at me.... look at me...  :-D

Debbie

PS: there are no moving/running parts, why would I wear safety glasses and secondly, I'm not afraid of a little grease! I'm washable & don't melt. :roll:

PSS: Since when is twisting the throttle a talentless feat? I know it took me 10,000 miles to get used to riding a "high" HP (compared to a Harley) overhead cam motorcycle. isiahstites if that's the case then how come you ran your busa slower then your Harley at the last meet? (BTW, much respect to you for understanding you limitations at that time ;) ) According to Kaz all you had to do was jump on & twist the throttle, the extra HP should have taken care of the speed for you! You easily should have hit 186. Come on, anyone can do it! :roll:

BTW Kaz, out of curiosity, what is your personal best top speed in LSR?
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 02:51:33 PM »
Looking at Kaz's picture under his name, I'm not sure of his gender -- but he does look good for 42 (or is that a measurement?).
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Super Kaz

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 03:21:00 PM »
I know I don't understand all that Kaz wrote and I'm not going back over it to try.

One thing I've learned in this sport is if you spend all of your time comparing yourself to someone else you will never ever ever be happy with your own performance. There will always be someone faster, there will always be someone more deserving, there will always be someone less deserving, there will always be someone that looks better, speaks better, wrenches better, races better, has more money, has more sponsors, has less money, has less sponsors, always gets mentioned, never gets mentioned..... you get the picture!

So what if someone sets records with someone else’s vehicle? That’s more the norm then the exception in LSR. Setting a record, for the most part means you ran faster then someone else. What I also like to see is who piloted the vehicle fastest for its configuration? That shows accomplishment. Did you get every last mph out of it? Did you run it faster then all the others? Did you push it to the limit? Did you push your own limit? Personal bests are something to be proud of. It means you went beyond where you've been before so what if it's slower then someone else. There are just so many ways to look at what people do that it makes no sense to make judgments. By making judgments all you end up doing is putting the person down that you're judging and what is the point of that? If you're faster then me then good for you but that doesn't take away from my accomplishment of my top speed and top record. If I'm faster then you so what, you're still out there racing and going as fast as you've been. How fast I've been is irrelevant to each person’s personal accomplishment. I mean really, the only true way to judge the ultimate top dog is to have everyone running the same machine under the same conditions back to back to see who does it best. That’s the only way to know which pilot is the best.

Kaz you whine an awful lot about being compared to the girls but how about being one of the girls that doesn't get any mention? You know, to my knowledge, there are only 8 women who have piloted a bike over 200 mph in any form of LSR racing. Can you name all 8? To be one of 8 women in the world to have accomplished something is pretty unique and yet all 8 of them aren't even known. Some have set records, some are in a 200 mph club, and some only have the timeslip to prove it. This is life! If you're in it to be a rock star then go get a guitar, if you're in it to race then race. Do something noteworthy, have a good attitude, help your fellow racers, then someone will be intrigued with your story and struggle and write about you too. But I guess you need to ask yourself, do I want to race or do I just want someone to pay attention to me? Would you continue to race if nobody ever mentioned your name again? I know I would!

look at me.... look at me...  :-D

Debbie

PS: there are no moving/running parts, why would I wear safety glasses and secondly, I'm not afraid of a little grease! I'm washable & don't melt. :roll:

PSS: Since when is twisting the throttle a talentless feat? I know it took me 10,000 miles to get used to riding a "high" HP (compared to a Harley) overhead cam motorcycle. isiahstites if that's the case then how come you ran your busa slower then your Harley at the last meet? (BTW, much respect to you for understanding you limitations at that time ;) ) According to Kaz all you had to do was jump on & twist the throttle, the extra HP should have taken care of the speed for you! You easily should have hit 186. Come on, anyone can do it! :roll:

Deb,
Would That be in a Car,Truck or Motorcycle{I have my A For them all at B-ville}
In competion or Testing?
Here's Motorcycle only-
217mph with 100 LESS RWHP 3 or 4 Years ago on a Closed Course Faired.
210+mph{I Broke .5 Mile before the Timing Lights} at Speedweek this year,and Coasted through the 2 mile at 194.347mph Naked and Salty!!! :evil:
My Goal's are a LITTLE BIT HIGHER then that though#1{250+MPH on my V-rod},and #2 {250+mph either in my car} or someone else's car.
Just Like the Sultan of Speed did 8-)
I've gone 180mph in 1/4 mile in my old drag race Car,and 170mph at Bonniville in the Race Truck at WOS this last season :oops:! Not Nearly Fast enough for me!
I would Love to see {or ANY other Girl} you even be able to Hold on to my Bike at 200+mph naked .
Not that you are weak{I do think my Hand and Grip strength is a Little Higher then your's},but I was Lucky not to have been sucked off my bike during that 1350cc A/B/F run at Speed Week :-o!
It's a truly Terrifying Ride,and I'm a Sick SOB !
If you wanna try and go Faster on my Bike I'll Gladly Let you Race it,but if you Wreck anything You pay for it,and Fix it!
Talk is Cheap ,but I'm the Only Else In the World going that Fast on a HD V-rod.
When do you want to see how Fast you Really are?????????
Kaz..........

Offline DallasV

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2008, 03:42:40 PM »
Only 8 women over 200? I thought there were more.

Kaz, way to throw down the gauntlet, You are the only one going that fast on a V-rod, But somewhere in the world ther is someone bragging up that no one is going as fast as them on a John Deere riding lawnmower, and you know there ain't no woman out there that can hold onto a lawnmower at 80 MPH.

I see this thread getting ugly as all you two wheeled pilots are out of your danged minds. I'll just stick with my nice little four wheeled, easy to hold on to, model A, Sunday cruiser. Crazy arse bikers
Records or parts, I didn't come all this way not to break something.

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2008, 03:47:01 PM »
What kind of response was that Kaz?

I asked you a simple question to which there is only one answer.

If you want to qualify it by vehicle that puts it up to around 3 or 4. One sentence would have answered it. I didn't ask for your life history or your LSR resume. In fact I pretty much didn't read it cause I really don't care. I'm not trying to compete against you but apparently you're trying to compete against me. :roll:

Go reread what you just wrote and you'll see why people aren't beating your door down to write about you. You've been written about in at least one magazine, it's on your web site. You've already gotten more exposure then most in this sport. Quick your bitcin.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 03:56:30 PM by DahMurf »

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2008, 03:48:54 PM »
Only 8 women over 200? I thought there were more.

Like I said, I'm only aware of 8 (on 2 wheels) so far. If there's more I'd love to know!

Debbie

Offline WildBro

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2008, 03:59:48 PM »
I'll bite, who are the 8.  I can olny think of 7:

Trillium     239
Leslie       234
M???        228, in a liner
Jen          222
Deb          212
Racheal     204
C. Beaver   xxx

Bill
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 04:02:39 PM by WildBro »
aka: Tenno Celeritas

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2008, 04:05:19 PM »
Trilly 239  Maxton No record however Maxton 2 club member
Leslie 233 Bonneville 232 AMA record and 2 club record at 206 and reset it with a 209 record
Marcia 229 Bonneville Record Only woman and first to to set a record over 200 in a motorcycle steamliner..30 years ago
Jennifer 222 Texas No records for Texas. Father daughter Texas 2 club members
Deb 212 Maxton No record however an unfaired record 202? and Maxton 2 club member with her better half..
Connie 211 Bonneville 209 record 70 years young and turning 25..
Susan 209? Bonneville 205 record
Racheal 204 Maxton no record

I think these speeds are correct..Deb..?

A big congrats to the ladies... :cheers:

Offline WildBro

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2008, 04:07:45 PM »
Trilly 239  Maxton No record however Maxton 2 club member
Leslie 233 Bonneville 232 AMA record and 2 club record at 206 and reset it with a 209 record
Marcia 229 Bonneville Record Only woman and first to to set a record over 200 in a motorcycle steamliner..30 years ago
Jennifer 222 Texas No records for Texas. Father daughter Texas 2 club members
Deb 212 Maxton No record however an unfaired record 202? and Maxton 2 club member with her better half..
Connie 211 Bonneville 209 record 70 years young and turning 25..
Susan 209? Bonneville 205 record
Racheal 204 Maxton no record

I think these speeds are correct..Deb..?

A big congrats to the ladies... :cheers:

Sorry, I can't believe I forgot Susan. 

Bill
aka: Tenno Celeritas

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2008, 04:09:34 PM »
No worries, after she ran for a year or so Poof: : : : :  gone...cute lady and fit the bike just right... :cheers:

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2008, 04:15:35 PM »
You forgot Susan Robertson. 205.965 record in 2006 (nitrous busa) with a top speed of 209.494 (to my knowledge) at Bonneville.

Connie I have down as running 217.362 at El Mirage May 08 on Nick's turbo bike. (I think that's her top speed but not positive) With a record of 210.109 on her nitrous busa at Bonneville. She tried running naked but was having trouble with the shoulder injury from going down a few years ago.

M; Marcia Holley is 229.361

Debbie

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2008, 04:18:18 PM »
whoops, thought there was only one new post while I was typing! LOL oh well, sorry for the redundancy.

Noonan, what is your recollection about the 217 for Connie? It's in the logs that way but obviously I wasn't there.

Debbie

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2008, 04:19:21 PM »
You forgot Susan Robertson. 205.965 record in 2006 (nitrous busa) with a top speed of 209.494 (to my knowledge) at Bonneville.

Connie I have down as running 217.362 at El Mirage May 08 on Nick's turbo bike. (I think that's her top speed but not positive) With a record of 210.109 on her nitrous busa at Bonneville. She tried running naked but was having trouble with the shoulder injury from going down a few years ago.

M; Marcia Holley is 229.361

Debbie

# 53 I do not recall Connie running that bike however if you are sure...I seem to remember they filled out the forms wrong and they were listed as riding each others bikes..could be wrong however... :-D

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2008, 04:28:11 PM »

# 53 I do not recall Connie running that bike however if you are sure...I seem to remember they filled out the forms wrong and they were listed as riding each others bikes..could be wrong however... :-D

No I'm not sure. My only source is the run log listed on the web site. I assume if the paperwork is wrong then it will be listed wrong in the results just like it would at the ECTA. I would like to know for sure so if anyone knows I'd like to know. That is the range Nick usually runs on the turbo bike so it easily could have been him & not her.

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2008, 04:37:54 PM »

No I'm not sure. My only source is the run log listed on the web site. I assume if the paperwork is wrong then it will be listed wrong in the results just like it would at the ECTA. I would like to know for sure so if anyone knows I'd like to know. That is the range Nick usually runs on the turbo bike so it easily could have been him & not her.

Thanks # 53