Author Topic: Girls Just Want to Have Fun...  (Read 23671 times)

Offline Rocky R

• Author/Land Speed Racing Site
Girls Just Want to Have Fun...
« on: November 23, 2008, 11:30:44 PM »
This month's edition of SALT ADDICTION is now posted at MotorcycleUSA.com. Click on the link and have a look at the fairer sex strutting their stuff at the airstrip and on the salt. Leave a comment and don't forget to mention where you hang out at landracing.com...  :-D

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/287/1692/Motorcycle-Article/Salt-Addiction-Women-of-the-Salt.aspx

Thanks!

Rocky R

Offline rockstar

Re: Girls Just Want to Have Fun...
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 02:50:03 PM »
Another mighty fine article!.
Thanks.
Remember Murphy's 6th law,if all goes well,then you have missed something out.

Team Sparrow Racing UK

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 09:07:00 PM »
Great article Rocky  looking forward to more and more
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Super Kaz

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 10:11:26 PM »

Not to be a downere but who really does the wrenching,maintenace,to pay for all this stuff? Racings the easy part is paying for it all! I have the greatest respect for the do it all racer! I'm just not a good pumblic writer {speakinslive i'm OK,but My typing is 1st grade :oops:}

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 10:38:06 PM »

Not to be a downere but who really does the wrenching,maintenace,to pay for all this stuff? Racings the easy part is paying for it all! I have the greatest respect for the do it all racer! I'm just not a good pumblic writer {speakinslive i'm OK,but My typing is 1st grade :oops:}

Kaz,

Sometimes you amaze me with your comments..........Leslie had a great year on her bike and rode the hell out of it and it seems like you are trying to take away some of the credit she deserves by finding out who "really" does the wrenching?? She has a pretty big shop in Texas that she owns, who cares who does the wrenching or who pays for it, who does the wrenching on your bikes?

Scott

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 10:42:48 PM »
SKaz, did you read the article, Deb Dross does a lot of her own wrenching and paying.  

Most of the racers I know do their own work and very few ever have anything that resembles a sponsor, unless it is a bike shop or someplace that gives them a racers discount.  Usually it is their own business or wallet that sponsors them.  That is how it is in LSR, no fame or fortune... That's why Girls just want to have fun, like the rest of us, that is why we LSR.

Back to topic, great article rocky
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 11:53:23 PM »
#1---you have it all wrong---I have a great sponsor---TKI---THE KIDS INHERITANCE---LOL  :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 08:31:37 AM »
Isn't that what life insurance is for, to pay off the bills when I'm gone?  :evil:

Excellent article Rocky thank you so much for including me! I really liked the flavor of it and that it included such diversity in women racing as there is much diversity in the women that race. I think our favorite part of it all was the picture of the youngest Klock at the end! I watched a video of her with much admiration and that last pic just says it all!  :cheers:

Great job!

Debbie

PS: for Kaz, here's another pic of me replacing my O2 sensor at the track. It's one of over a thousand that Todd has taken of me working on my bike. Since you asked, I am still paying for my own bike, other then sponsorship money and parts received which I'm both proud of and appreciative to have, I've paid my own way, I've done my own work, I've rode my own bike. I'm extremely proud of that fact but that doesn't leave me with any less respect of the many women who are now racing! Getting out there and doing it is what its all about. Does it really matter who foots the bill or provides the ride?

Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 08:53:59 AM »
Deb---It influnces my "admaration factor" :-D when I know someone has "Personally Done" a lot of their own work. :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Super Kaz

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 11:27:30 AM »
Isn't that what life insurance is for, to pay off the bills when I'm gone?  :evil:

Excellent article Rocky thank you so much for including me! I really liked the flavor of it and that it included such diversity in women racing as there is much diversity in the women that race. I think our favorite part of it all was the picture of the youngest Klock at the end! I watched a video of her with much admiration and that last pic just says it all!  :cheers:

Great job!

Debbie

PS: for Kaz, here's another pic of me replacing my O2 sensor at the track. It's one of over a thousand that Todd has taken of me working on my bike. Since you asked, I am still paying for my own bike, other then sponsorship money and parts received which I'm both proud of and appreciative to have, I've paid my own way, I've done my own work, I've rode my own bike. I'm extremely proud of that fact but that doesn't leave me with any less respect of the many women who are now racing! Getting out there and doing it is what its all about. Does it really matter who foots the bill or provides the ride?

Deb,
I think it's Great ,but where are your Gloves and Safety Glasses :wink:?
I'm just a Little SOUR about some of the Special Treatment a FEW of the LSR Girl's are Getting :roll:!
You may Not be 1 GETTING ALL THE ATTENTION ,and if You are {I'm ENVIOUS :oops:}!
Alls I know is "" ANOTHER"" World Record Holding Female  :x is getting All this attention for setting 1,2,3? SOFT/OPEN LSR Records on SOMEONE ELSE'S BIKE :?!
Now I have Nothing against anyone Racing someone else's{Not You Deb}Bike,but then getting all the Glory for WHAT?
SITING ON IT A TWISTING THE THROTTLE wow thats Tuff :?
Deb I'm a Crabby SOB this Winter{Broke & Hungry} !
So PLEASE don't let my Ragging{It's NOTHING PERSONAL} about SEXISIUM in Racing bother you:|.
IT JUST HIT'S A raw nerve thats all.
Hope to see you ,and the rest of the Girl's  next year.
Kaz.................

P.S
 OK flame away,but comming from someone who gets everything for Free{Money,and Parts while having his 1st child} might Not be a Good Person to start throwing STONES?Me Scott{does my wrenching} I've had to learn Everything on my own{Poverty does that to you} trying to do whats never been done before{200+mph Faired and Unfaired on a Real HD V-rod Motorcycle.

P.S.S
How's Your Saintly Wife and Daughter doing{YOUR VERY BLESSED}?
Your must be way to busy to be bothering with this thread S/S?

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 11:31:51 AM »
Don't be too hard on Kaz.

I'm sure he works on most of his stuff himself -- like the Subaru and Ford Diesel he's maimed and tried to sell off.  He's undoubtedly a better rider than mechanic-- just ask him about his upcoming national championships.

Stan Back
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline WildBro

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 12:09:00 PM »
Kaz, you're funny.  The world is not against you, I know you feel like you got burnt over some drag race male/female thing which gives you sour grapes on the subject, but we do have good LSR girls.  Rocky's article is a good one touching on just a few girls that race and is all around good PR for all of LSR. 

Does it really matter how much anyone works on their LSR vehicle.  I am sure your Hero V.R. (#46) hasn't got his hands dirty with his bike in years.  Does that make him less? 

I also can see you are frustrated with the Vrod thing.  It may be time to just try a Turbo Busa, but then you will have no excuse when Trillium crushes your max speed  :-D 

Bill

P.S.
I LOVE FAST WOMEN
aka: Tenno Celeritas

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 12:23:16 PM »
wow kaz what a way to ruin a good thread.....

I for one am sick and tired of kaz whining about a girl getting something he thinks he should desirve... i am also sick and tired hearing kaz whine about being broke....

Kaz, its time to break your skirt out of the closet and where it when you go out on job interviews looking for thay elusive job that will pay you enough to get your championship..... go away.!...

i think its time to ban him.!...
kent

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 01:26:58 PM »
In this year of THANKSGIVING, I'd like to tell all of you how thankful I am to be able to learn about your experiences, experiments, builds, celebration of those who have reached their dreams (and continue to dream for more), are still reaching for their dreams, remembering those we have lost, and waiting for those who will be greats. 
I want to thank all of you who come to SW and give me that welcoming hello, and make me feel a part of something so special. 
Thank you too all of you for the memories I have been given.
May there be many more memories, dreams reached, and dreams discovered in the year ahead.

Have a safe and memorable Thanksgiving everyone.

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Super Kaz

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 02:13:30 PM »
wow kaz what a way to ruin a good thread.....

I for one am sick and tired of kaz whining about a girl getting something he thinks he should desirve... i am also sick and tired hearing kaz whine about being broke....

Kaz, its time to break your skirt out of the closet and where it when you go out on job interviews looking for thay elusive job that will pay you enough to get your championship..... go away.!...

i think its time to ban him.!...
kent

Kent,
Your Right I should go out on a Job interview,but as Rexy Say's "I'm gonna have to take the Bus" since all my $#hit is blown up :oops:!

They say a Good Teacher's "Student's" are ALWAYS BETTER then their Teacher's,and thats why I too use

www.catalystracingcomposites.com  8-)!

The Fastest Motorcycle Body Work Made!!!!!!!

The AMA thinks the sameway as You ALL with their "Speed athlete" of the Year :-o.

Now What about John "The Worlds Fastest" Noonan?

Does he need to start working out to get some Love?

WildBill I'm sure your Right about Valle gettin his hands Dirty :cheers: I know I hate to :-P.

I'm just glad to have a couple Months to get ready for this new Season.

Lynda is Spot on and I am Grateful for being able to even be in the same room as some of these Ladies :evil:.

MAY YOU All HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING,

Kaz....
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 02:27:20 PM by DahMurf »