Author Topic: Memories of El Mirage  (Read 6114 times)

Offline sheribuchta

Memories of El Mirage
« on: November 19, 2008, 01:31:51 AM »
Hey All,
I would like to share a few photos that I find dear to me that were taken at the last meet in El Mirage. I have met many people this past year and have been in the best of company many times. We have laughed, cried, shared a meal or two and got to know quite of few of you personally. At the last meet I was introduced to alot of people who frequent the landracing.com site. What a reward...I am humbled.
 I have to say thank you to all of those who have helped me through my first year of racing. To my husband (Willie), I take a bow. You have been there to help me get into the top 25. You stuck by me and sacrificed a couple of races so that I could keep my points lead which led me to finish #15. Thank You.
I can't say enough about landspeed racers. You are generous and kind, friendly and above all endearing. Till next May, I will miss the meets. I will miss the friendship. I will miss the memories yet to be made.

Sheri Buchta :cheers:

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: Memories of El Mirage
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 02:01:40 AM »
Sheri,

15 is great for your first year and congrats to you and Willie both!!

J

PS. Tell Madison, Patricia, and Pancho we said hello!  Hope we remember them right.. :-D

J

Online jl222

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 08:58:29 PM »
 Hi Sheri
 It was great for my wife and I and the whole Langlo racing crew to meet you and Willie.
 Excellant food [ my favorite cut of chicken] rice and beans -chips and dips-the whole enchilada.
 Stories-bench racing and beer it don't get any better!

Many thanks JL222 and crew :cheers:

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 11:08:29 PM »

jl222
We were glad to meet with you as well. I hope that everyone had enough to eat and drink as well.

John
You are really good with remembering names. You got them all right. Hope to see you and Michelle at the banquet. Sure will miss everybody the next 6 months.

Sheri Buchta

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 11:32:03 PM »
I have a few pics that I would like to share that I took at the November meet in El Mirage. Hope that you enjoy them.

Sheri Buchta

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 11:32:35 PM »
Hey great seeing you get your record!!  The food was fantastic!!  The warmth from the fires was well received!! And of course seeing you, Willie and everyone else over the weekend was the real highlight,

Sum

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 11:35:42 PM »
A few more pics

Sheri Buchta

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 11:44:06 PM »
A couple more pics

Sheri Buchta

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 01:15:54 PM »
Hey Sum,
So glad you could make it out for our last meet at El Mirage. What a great time we had. It is always an honor to have you in our camp. Hope that you had a safe trip home. Who knows we may get a little restless and head to Utah for a little vacation.

Is it May yet??? :-D
Sheri Buchta

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 04:08:49 PM »
Sheri and Willie, I was great to meet you two and what a great pair of bikes.  Thanks for the invite to your great dinner, we all enjoyed the food, drink and the laughter.  Thanks again Troy

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 06:06:00 PM »
Hey Troy,
It was really great meeting you as well. I am sooo glad that we have dinners. How else can you get to meet all the wonderful people that we meet? Hope to see you in May.

Sheri Buchta

Offline Freaksize

• New folks
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2008, 10:29:20 AM »
Hey-
Thanks for inviting us along. I have the bug now. Trying to figure out a way to race. Whatever the case, will continue to support you and Willie. Congrats on your year.  We love you both....
Mike and Patty
Sincerely,
¸..· ´¨¨))  -:¦:-
         ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
       ((¸¸.·´  ..·´   -:¦:-  Mike Brewer
     -:¦:-    ((¸¸.·´*

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2008, 01:24:35 PM »
Mike and Patty,
Thanks for being there. We love you both too. It sure has been a great year and we thank you for sharing it with us.

Love Willie and Sheri

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2008, 02:52:13 PM »
Hey Sum,
So glad you could make it out for our last meet at El Mirage. What a great time we had. It is always an honor to have you in our camp. Hope that you had a safe trip home. Who knows we may get a little restless and head to Utah for a little vacation.

Is it May yet??? :-D
Sheri Buchta

May isn't that far away.  We made it home fine and the GMC is now a "trailer queen".  I was going to use it to pull back U-haul's big trailer, but Ruth had too much stuff, so we had to rent a truck and pull my truck home on a trailer.

Hope to see you guys this spring,

Sum

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2008, 09:44:23 PM »
Sheri & Willie---thanks for the great evening and the great HUGS---Sheri's-not Willie's---loved your bikes, your biker friends-and the great gathering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!