Author Topic: Racecar Engineering Mag.  (Read 6350 times)

Offline A2WindTunnel

• A2 Wind Tunnel, LLC.
Racecar Engineering Mag.
« on: November 14, 2008, 08:47:23 AM »
A2 Wind Tunnel is featured in Racecar Engineering Magazine this month (November).  As you might know Racecar Engineering is a world wide publication that predominantly coverers the open wheel ranks and mostly F1.  They now have a section (30pg or so) in the magazine devoted to stockcar racing and technology (Issue 2).  Lots of tech stuff for us geeks if anyone is interested in checking out the article or magazine.  The magazine also offers a section on wind tunnel testing each month with data and changes to help show what is really going on in a wind tunnel test and the type of data that can be learned.  They are not typically straight line cars, but they do publish data and would be good reading for anyone interested in how a wind tunnel test might work.  I know Barns & Noble has this magazine.  www.A2WT.com

Racecar Engineering (Nov)

A2 on the inside Cover for Stockcar Engineering
The answers are blowing in the wind...
www.A2WT.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/AERODYN-A2-WIND-TUNNEL/259986785465
@A2WindTunnel #A2WindTunnel

Offline A2WindTunnel

• A2 Wind Tunnel, LLC.
Re: Racecar Engineering Mag.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 08:56:09 AM »
Here are the covers attached.  I guess I could not post the web img.
www.A2WT.com

saltfever

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 05:14:09 AM »
It is an exceptional quality magazine with excellent tech articles. One of my favorites. I just wish it wasn't so expensive! It is published in England and the exchange rate is killing us! 

Offline A2WindTunnel

• A2 Wind Tunnel, LLC.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 12:55:46 PM »
I agree.  It's like $9-$10 an issue, but really great tech stuff.  Some times I will just go get a coffee at Barns & Nobel and just read the mag at the bookstore while I have my caffeine fix.
www.A2WT.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 02:00:19 PM »
I agree.  It's like $9-$10 an issue, but really great tech stuff.  Some times I will just go get a coffee at Barns & Nobel and just read the mag at the bookstore while I have my caffeine fix.

Oh come on now guys, coffee was 10 cents when Hot Rod was 50 cents, so now your coffee is $2.85, that makes a magazine you want to read under $10 a bargain...  :roll:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Grant Borman

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 02:33:24 PM »
Nice article in RCE.  I was always a little confused how the two tunnels were related but now i understand. 

Its one of my favorite magazines but my only problem with it is the Race Tech usually covers 90% of the same thing.  I always end up spending $20 for both because the information is really good and i don't want to miss anything. 

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 03:26:59 PM »
Stainless:

You're confusing the issue with facts!

Pete

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 03:29:01 PM »
Grant:

I agree completely on all points. I do exactly the same thing myself.

Pete

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 11:11:15 PM »
If you live in So Cal and can get to "The Auto Book Store" in Burbank you can get Race Car Engineering, Race Tech, the two Race Tech spin offs, Race Engine and Bernoulli, which is all aero. Knocks you for about $60 but worth it for the great reading. To bad one of the US publishers can't do some sort of all tech racing magazine, other than NASCAR and circle track racing.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

saltfever

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 04:48:48 AM »
. . . in Burbank you can get Race Car Engineering, Race Tech, the two Race Tech spin offs, Race Engine and Bernoulli, which is all aero.
Rex, I am not familiar with Race Engine. Is it a monthly or quarterly? Also, can't find a reference to it in the links provided above. It is a separate issue or is it part of the Bernoulli magazine?  TIA  :-)

Offline Rex Schimmer

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 03:09:19 PM »
Salt Fever,
Race Engine Technology is a seperate mag from the Race Tech people and it is quarterly. As I have said I usually pick it up at the Auto Book Store in Burbank but looking at a copy that I have they do put their web site at www.racetechmag.com .

Rex
Rex

saltfever

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 03:23:20 PM »
Thanks, Rex. I missed the fact that it is a quarterly. If I ever fly into Burbank I'll have to look up that book store. Sounds like I could get lost in there forever.  :-)

Offline Rex Schimmer

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2008, 09:25:12 PM »
I just went on the Racetech web site and subscribed to Bernoulli and bought 5 back issues and I think you could probably buy plane tickets to Burbank for what it cost! I hope they are worth it.

Rex
Rex

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2008, 09:47:37 PM »
I fell into the mystic of Racecar Engineering 15 or so years ago and later Race Tech and lusted after the sister publications they've spawned.

I read neither today because to get real earthy factual useable informative content you have to ferret it out through lines of preliminary drivel by the writers and then aren't certain that you've learned anythingapplicable to Land Speed Racing . No different than any  of America's hot rod magazines that are merely conduits to the advertisers.

Here's a statement I'll stand by after over 50 years fabricating stuff:

I've learned more that applies to the topic of this website from LANDRACING.COM (notice the CAPS) than those two limey books have showed me!

Pay attention to what Rx says,+ Dhalgren,1212,  A2, Blue, Ack, Frued. Noonan, D Warner, Stan Back, Willie B. etc.

They've been there, done that!
5 mph in pit area (clothed)