Author Topic: door net and leg restraint questions help need asap  (Read 2591 times)

Offline WZ JUNK

door net and leg restraint questions help need asap
« on: August 07, 2004, 11:31:00 PM »
I need to get an interpretation of the rule on door nets and leg restraints.  The car will run in B Competition  Coupe and it will exceed 175 MPH.  We currently use arm restraints.  Can we use leg restraints in place of the full door net?  We are tired and we are having trouble with the door net and with reading and understanding the rule.  It can be read to mean that leg restraints can be used in place of the full door net.  I sure need a little help on this one.  Thanks in advance.
Crew chief #974 B/BGCC 1953 Studebaker Past Bonneville record holder.

Offline jimmy six

Re: door net and leg restraint questions help need asap
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 08:55:00 PM »
I believe you had better find a way to build a net. Perhaps uing a coupe of pick up tail gate nets sewn together my make it this year. An aluminum panel up a foot from the lower door sill between the 2 roll bar members can help make the "net " a little smaller. As long as you can crawl over it with ease or it doesn't inpeed a quick exit.  Please remember to set all the belts to their proper lengh with the driver in the fire suit prior to comming.  It will make a lot easier on the inspector and the folks waiting behind you during the bail out drill. Good luck...
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro