Author Topic: El Mirage November meet  (Read 21042 times)

Offline willieworld

El Mirage November meet
« on: November 09, 2008, 12:55:38 AM »
Hey all  
Barbecue chicken, rice, beans and tortillas for Saturday night out at the buchta camp at 6:00pm. Just look for the white mailbox. Come by to warm your hands, chat with fellow racers and fill your stomachs at the same time. Last race of the year at El Mirage. Lets enjoy it fully.
Hope to see ya there.
Willie and Sheri Buchta
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 11:36:12 AM by willieworld »
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: El Mirage November meet
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 07:40:16 AM »
Look forward to seeing you and Sherri :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline mkilger

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 11:49:19 AM »
Willie, what are you having on Fri night?  Sparky, you will have to try to run faster than that yellow roadster this time.  :cheers: mike

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 01:57:12 PM »
Friday - 81 high, 49 low, winds 10 mph
Saturday - 82 high, 44 low, winds 10 mph all day.
Sunday - 80 high, winds 6 mph all day.

Cross wind on Saturday. Racers wind on Sunday. Forecast to be right down the course.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 09:43:51 PM »
Willie----I think I would have to get  TONS   of nitrous or hair dryers to run any where close to that Roadster!!!!!!!!!! :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline bigtim44

• NaCl addict
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 04:59:10 PM »
I'll be leaving Basalt Colorado tonight for El Mirage ,not taking the car,new motor isn't ready,it'll be good to see how things work out there,before we head out with the car in the spring.
willie and Sheri we'll take you up on the invite.
Cheers :cheers:
Tim
Salty Box Racing #622 B/DT

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 05:28:35 PM »
I want to wish everyone going to Elmo this weekend good luck, be FAST, be SAFE, and have FUN. JN and the rest of the SDRC guys & gals go get em. :cheers:

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 08:39:50 PM »
Sparky and Tim,
Just loaded the trailer and backed it into the yard for midnight launch. Please do stop by Saturday night for some grub. We should have plenty. Just bring your own brew and look for the white mailbox.

Willie and Sheri
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 12:13:57 AM by sheribuchta »

Offline Geo

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 09:47:56 PM »
I have been wondering what I would do for my 100th post on landracing.com.  There are some topics that might be worth a word or twenty but none seemed quite right.  Mind you I am on a couple of other lists and have posts into the thousands but the people here are a bit wiser, funnier, caring, sharing, and a bit more full of life.  Perhaps because of what is accomplished.

I look forward to reading the comments and following the builds of bikes, cars, friendships and now garages.  I have enjoyed the joy of a record and cried for the sorrow of a loss.  Seeing the young people makes me dream of a future long past my time.

And my time on the salt will come in 2009.  A few things came up to prevent me from making it this year but we continue with improvements and building our future power maker.  So my post is a bit of a wish.

I would like to continue to read posts from the missing members, so come on back.  And I look forward to seeing you all on the racing venue no matter that it is concrete, dirt or salt.  Sharing a cold one, a story and a meal.

I will especially be looking for Landsend Linda and the Butcha's.

Be safe, have fun and go fast this weekend!

Geo

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 11:42:57 PM »
The RAT was most taxing today---5 dam cold fuel leaks---one at the bulkhead fitting on the tank, one on a fuel rail fitting---the other three the compression fitting on the AN fittings---Damm we though we would be loade by 1:00 PM and cruising the rest of the Day---just finished loading ---out of here 5:00 am tommorrow!!!!!!!!!!---looking to seeing everyone!!!!!!! :cheers:

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 12:00:19 AM »
Good luck-Good weather-Good food-Good meet-Faster speeds-Safe runs-Safe journeys  Everyone!! 

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 12:05:22 AM »
the people here are a bit wiser, funnier, caring, sharing, and a bit more full of life.

Ah, gee. Nobody ever calls me that.

Rolling up on a thousand posts. I must like you guys.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 01:48:50 AM »
good luck everyone, see you tomorrow. :cheers:

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 02:10:14 AM »
good luck everyone, see you tomorrow. :cheers:

Good luck with the car this weekend Troy.

Scott

Offline maj

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 03:15:05 AM »
Good luck all
Very much enjoyed the Sept meet and wishing i was part of this one.
At least Jim will be giving the 750 a bit of a workout. :cheers: