Author Topic: 2008 BUB photobook is finished  (Read 5022 times)

Offline Scooter

2008 BUB photobook is finished
« on: November 08, 2008, 11:05:38 AM »

The Photobook for the 2008 BUB event is finally finished. 8X10 hardcover with 120 full color pages, over 260 images at speed, in the pits and from the banquet and a listing of all the AMA certified records that were set. (the FIM records had not been posted at the time the book was finished)
Half the profits from this book will be donated to SAVE THE SALT
There will be several covers to choose from. Seperate covers were made for teams that wanted 10 or more books and you will be free to choose from any of the covers but the inside of the book is all the same. (or contact me directly if you want 10 or more books with your own picture on the cover. go to my site www.scootershoots.com to see the available images in the 2008 BUB gallery)
I hope that this book will become an annual record of the event so that when we reach the point that we can only read about Salt events we have these books to look back on.
This is my first shot at a book like this and I have done all that I can make certain that the captions are as accurate as I can. I also tried to include as many participants as I could, but shooting two tracks at the same time, and the size of the book made getting everyone in impracticle.
Please don't hesitate to drop me a note and let me know what you think and give me any suggestions that you have for next years edition.
I hope you all enjoy this book as much as I have enjoyed shooting it and putting it together.
All the images in the book can be seen at my site www.scootershoots.com
Thanks to all, especially Delvene Manning and the Manning family and the volunteers for making this whole event possible.
Scooter
copy the link below the image to go to the bookstore

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/invited/291653/9d00ee79802c21b4c8c70b4180476030

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: 2008 BUB photobook is finished
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 01:25:36 PM »
Scooter, are all the record setters images in your book?
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Scooter

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 01:35:11 PM »
As many as I had images of ... shooting two tracks at one time made it impossible to get everyone and that is my one regret, but also unavoidable. Every time I went to a "BUB marker" to relieve myself I know I missed someone. There is a listing in the back of all the AMA certified records and the sponsors as well as the awards. (FIM records are still not certified so I could not include them)
If you have someone in particular in mind send me the bike number and I will tell you if they are in the book.
I REALLY wish I could include all the participants and the voluteers, but like I said shooting two tracks and the limits on the number of pages in the book just make it really tough. The more pages I fill the more the book costs and I tried to keep it around $50 bucks.
Let me know and I will check the bike numbers for you.
Scooter

Offline Scooter

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 03:38:30 PM »
Rick, Thanks for your thoughts on the book and I am glad you liked it. I agree that it will be one of those momentos that we will be glad we have in years to come.
You are the first one I have heard from so I am hoping for more feedback once there are more delivered, and sales have been brisk.
Also the folks at Save the Salt appreciate your patronage.
Take care,
Scooter
www.scootershoots.com

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 08:18:54 PM »
Scooter .... got the book ... I am impressed. It appears that you were very busy at Bub's ... My compliments on a job well done.
Joe

Offline Scooter

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 10:10:23 AM »
Joe, thanks for the props. BUB is my favorite event of the year. I shoot a fair amount of others but there is nothing like the Salt and the Salt People. It is my hope that the book becomes the annual record of the event and that we can raise more $$ for Save the Salt My only regret is that FIM took so long to certify their records that they could not be included. I may even put out a second edition with the FIM numbers but people wanted the books for Christmas so I just couldn't afford to wait.
Thanks again
Scooter
www.scootershoots.com

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 07:01:11 PM »
Scooter ... I just ordered 3 more ... great gift for the pit crew ... JD

Offline Scooter

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 07:23:23 PM »
I thank you and SAVE THE SALT thanks you. The few folks that I have heard from have been pleased. I am really looking for any feedback so that I can improve on next years edition.
Thanks again.
Scooter