Author Topic: Electric Bike Build  (Read 56011 times)

Offline Freud

Re: Electric Bike Build
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2008, 12:26:39 PM »
Kent, Corbin bought 500 of those fotos and I printed them in the room at Wendover Best Western.

FREUD
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 01:21:10 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline sockjohn

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2008, 03:14:51 PM »
Was the Corbin bike speed a record in a recognized class  in the day? Do we need to add this record to the rulebook?

DW

My understanding and research indicates it was "time only" during that time period.  He certainly deserves recognition, it was an outstanding effort and well before the time.

200lbs for the motor, 175lbs for the battery.

the only ev bike to run faster is Bill Dube's bike that ran 173mph 2 weekends ago

Thanks Kent, looks like the under 150kg is safe  :-D

Rumor has it that Bill is working on an electric streamliner for Bonneville.  I hope the rumor is true as it would be quite the sight! 

And Scott, very good work on the build diaries.  There are many people too busy building to take photos during the process, and many that do don't manage to detail it this well on the site.  Good luck on the Busa build as well!

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2008, 03:32:24 PM »
sockjohn
this bike is just a developement tool to dial in the motor, controller power plant and then this stuff will go into one of my bike liners... then this chassis will go to Bill Dube in june... I also got a 80hp AC induction bike project that will go to the Isle of man for the first ever EV GP bike race...
kent

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2008, 05:04:10 PM »
Hey Kent, this bike gonna have saddlebags, 8 track player and a cigarette lighter?

Hmmm, where have I heard that before?  :wink:
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2008, 05:42:05 PM »
Hey Kent, this bike gonna have saddlebags, 8 track player and a cigarette lighter?

Randy - Kent decided not to opt for the 8 track player, instead he will be installing a custom one off flux capacitor for time travel.

Scott

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2008, 06:24:58 PM »

Randy - Kent decided not to opt for the 8 track player, instead he will be installing a custom one off flux capacitor for time travel.

Scott

Ahhh, so that explains the stainless steel fairing with the DeLorean sticker  :-D
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2008, 10:03:54 AM »
Is he gonna wear an aluminum foil-covered helmet, too?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 1212FBGS

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2008, 10:14:25 AM »
heck i wear aluminum foil undies every day.... helps when people try taking big chunks out of my azz all the time... Ive got more pix from last week ends progress... i will give em to Scott tonight as he is comming over to Randy's to help... hey chops, im having some trouble with the power windows and heated seat install, ya wanna come over and help?
Kent

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2008, 11:13:21 AM »
hey chops, im having some trouble with the power windows and heated seat install, ya wanna come over and help?
Kent

Only if I get to install the Air Conditioning :-D
www.frsengineering.com
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2008, 11:28:56 AM »
I sure don't hear anyone saying   "I sure love the smell of battery acid in the morning"
 :-D :roll:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2008, 12:21:42 PM »
Yuc :cry:
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2008, 01:29:53 AM »
Here is a picture of the newly made motor plate, with the plate bolted to the frame uprights and the motor bolted to the plate.

A few clear pictures of the frame. Frame is getting welded this evening and lots of progress made. I finished bolting and prepping 2 of the 4 banks of batteries this evening and tomorrow there should be a decent amount of people there to get a lot accomplished on the bike.........the weekend is getting closer!!

Offline Geo

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2008, 08:14:16 AM »
Wow!  Now we are getting to see a recognizable object to a car guy.  :-D  The battery box leaning against the build table is very fine!  Any tricks you care to share on keeping the warpage to a minimum when welding the frame tubes.

Very nicely done.  Thanks for taking the time to post photos and comments.

Geo

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2008, 08:32:36 AM »
Any tricks you care to share on keeping the warpage to a minimum when welding the frame tubes.

I am no expert on this, however when we did mine we welded as much as we could in the jig and made sure to move around alot so we didn't put to much heat into one area..........maybe someone whit more experience than me will chime in.

Scott

Offline 1212FBGS

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2008, 11:48:18 AM »
you cant really see all of the clamps that go on the table to keep it from twisting.. the most important is keeping the steering stem and axle blocks fixtured....
Kent