Author Topic: March 2009 Top Speed Shootout!!!!  (Read 6319 times)

Offline tricktom1

TexasMile 261.5 MPH
http://www.houstonmile.com/

Offline tricktom1

Re: March 2009 Top Speed Shootout!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 12:31:17 PM »
ttt
TexasMile 261.5 MPH

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 01:05:03 PM »
Sounds like the scooters are gonna have fun in Texas...
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline tricktom1

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 01:01:08 PM »
THIS JUST IN!!!!
ONCE AGAIN TIGER RACING IS STEPPING UP TO THE PLATE TO HELP THE RACERS!
TIGER RACING WILL BE SPONSORING $250. TO THE WINNER OF THE OVERALL TOP SPEED OF THE SHOOTOUT.
TexasMile 261.5 MPH

Offline tricktom1

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 01:17:31 PM »
Last years Turbo class winner Terry Kizer and myself
TexasMile 261.5 MPH

Offline tricktom1

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 10:00:08 PM »
The King of the Shootout was Bill Warner with his "NAKED" Busa at 254 MPH!!!
Bill is a nice guy and very sharp, he has a lot going on on his bike and his head. He's smooth operater that's very precise to detail and data. After his 254 run I asked him what he was going to do next and he said, "I'm done for today, I'm going to go study all my data and look things over so that I don't get ahead of myself." I was very impressed, most people, including myself would have been caught up in the moment and wanted to turn it up and run again. He's making baby steps and will continue to progress with his "Science Project", as he called it. Hats of to you Bill, this was a huge accomplishment :thumb:
Ben Beckert ran 252 MPH on his Busa coming up a hair short, but made lots of progress!

There was no one that wanted to run in the Nitrous class, lots of broke bikes Friday.

The all motor Shootout winner was Karl Gunter aka Entrophy(Team Fat Ass C.E.O.) on his ZX-12. Karl has a lot of knowledge of his ZX-12, I think he's done everything there is to do to one, and if he hasn't Bill Meyer has. Karl hurt his motor Friday, left his wife at the track, grabbed Mr. Meyer and they went to Karl's, pulled the motor, built another one, installed it and were at the track before I was Saturday morning. Karl went 208 MPH winning the N/A Shootout!
Mike Hooks and Bob Sellers both ran 206 MPH and change.
TexasMile 261.5 MPH

Offline TRNorBRN6001

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 11:57:09 PM »
One more pic to add.

Yep, Entropy and Mr. Meyer's story is legendary!

Post of the story:

We had one hell of a weekend at the Texas Mile, GREAT folks (as always), UBER GREAT weather, ummm "moderately" great food (Chinese buffet in Beeville), not so great hotel (America's Inn in Beeville).

My story:

I got to the Mile with a motor which was tested tested several times on the dyno, and had a banner leakdown before bringing it to Goliad.

First pass on Fri it died and coasted to the 3/4mi marker at 9:30am WTF????

When I got back to the pits Dane showed up with some Abita beer which I needed GREATLY, thax man!!

At 10:30 Doug Meyer & I left the track, headed back to Houston to see what we could do in my garage to revive it.

At 2pm we arrived and rolled it on the lift, yanked the motor and saw the most spectacular rod bearing damage I have ever seen; the pan was full of black crinkly things, no gold here.

One rod had kicked off it's cap, knocked a cute lil hole in the cases & window in the cyl block. All rod big ends were black, mains in much better shape.

cases, rods, crank, block = junk ( Osti & Mike know exactly what bushes they will end up at) Luckily head was fine, Doug tested it

sooooo... while Doug did the forensics, i started rooting in my retired parts, normal wear parts, shop supplies collection.

found:
- offset stroker crank semi-retired with chunks outa the starter gear
- rods retired as being suspects in pistons tagging the head (prob innocent)
- 87mm pistons retired with deformed skirts, .0032-.0035 piston to cyl clearance
- cases retired as suspected of being warped
- 87mm offset cyl block with scratches from ingesting sand (was gonna send it to Millennium "someday")
- new sets of rod & main bearings, cam chain, headgasket

Doug transferred trans, shifter stuff, oil stuff, all that stuff from the trashed cases to the replacement, i prepped the new guts.

At 2am we fired it up, loaded bike and tools, quick snooze, headed out for the track at 4:50am.

Arrived back at the track at 8am, did 1st leakdown, put bike on the grid. Then Osti discovered it was leaking coolant. Doug said "Barr's Leak"!!!! stat!!!!
Emergency call to #1 Son and wife still in Beeville, and 45min later the leak was gone.

Pass # 1 - wouldn't button shift; fiddled with stuff
Pass # 2 - wouldn't button shift, still got a 199.5

Doug fiddled with the Muzzy shifter, pronounced pressure regulator faulty

Osti pulled the one off his bike YAY RYAN!!!!

Pass #3 - 208.740mph WOO_HOOOOOOOOOOOO

Doug took it next and got 208.793mph

Thus Doug has made the fastest pass on a N/A ZX-12/Kawasaki at Texas that I know of, beat me with my own bike   

I gotta say i absolutely could not have done it without Doug Meyer.
He is a fukken garage animal, works non stop, knows where everything goes, checks everything twice.
A true soft spoken gentleman, motor guru, Kawasaki expert sans pareil (sp?)

This was a VERY special weekend for me!
Karl "Entropy"

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 01:36:03 AM »
Congrats to all!!!    :cheers:

J

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 05:18:56 PM »
Outstanding job gentlemen! We had the dissapointment & pleasure of watching the above mentioned 4 runs from the 3/4 mile mark!! I didn't know the deal with Karl's repair so I was pretty surprised when I saw him fly by to that outstanding 208 pass! There was a lot of confused excitement from our pit!
Too bad I didn't know I'd be running my bike or I could have entered the nitrous class! ;)

Debbie

Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol: