Author Topic: Hello...  (Read 3277 times)

Offline NJ 03Mach1

• New folks
  • PA Hillclimber/ Daily Driver
    • EastCoastStang
Hello...
« on: November 06, 2008, 10:07:52 PM »
I'm curious to know, as I've looked on the ECTA site and can't find it..

Is there anywhere i can get a peek at the safety requirements and classing? Or do I have to purchase a rulebook? I currently have some vehicle safety items as well as full SFI drivers gear. I'm just curious to know if I need more gear for myself or the car before I take a serious look at coming to make a few runs with the ECTA for the 09 season. It would be my first time attending a Land Speed event, and I'm looking to get a heads up on what's expected of both the car and myself.

Does anyone run an 03 Mustang that may be able to help me out with some questions before I make the leap into purchasing a rulebook and becoming a member? Or really, anyone in a fairly stock vehicle that will let me pick at their brain (but not be annoying lol)

Thanks in advance!

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
Re: Hello...
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 10:15:14 PM »
   Wait till the 2009 rule book comes out. In case of rule changes.It is the best way to figure it all out. and welcome
Thank you to all the volunteers

Offline NJ 03Mach1

• New folks
    • EastCoastStang
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 10:21:35 PM »
Thank you sir! Believe me I know all about rule changes.. I follow the SCCA rules for my hills, talk about confusing... I hope yours are easier!

Offline Freud

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 12:34:48 AM »
Since '63

Offline wolcottjl

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 01:13:46 AM »
For anything above a 135mph you really need to spend the 10.00 dollars and order a rule book.  The rules are organized around the speeds you intend to run, vehicle weight, forced induction, etc.. etc...   It is not that we do not want to answer you but we would prefer not to give you wrong guidance on what you need for what you are attempting. 
Joel Wolcott
Moving to 2 wheels in 2010

Offline NJ 03Mach1

• New folks
    • EastCoastStang
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 06:02:11 PM »
For anything above a 135mph you really need to spend the 10.00 dollars and order a rule book.  The rules are organized around the speeds you intend to run, vehicle weight, forced induction, etc.. etc...   It is not that we do not want to answer you but we would prefer not to give you wrong guidance on what you need for what you are attempting. 

Ok cool. Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for the 09 book.

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 08:47:06 PM »
There is a partial list on the website under the Hot Rod Top Speed Challenge.  I repeat - this is a partial list and only gets you pointed in the right direction.  As the others have said, it's necessary to get a rulebook.

The Centimark car is the same gen Mustang as yours.  If you look on the site and follow our forum, you may get a line to the owner (sorry I don't have contact info).  I'm sure he could give you some specific info that will be helpful.

Later
Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline Oldfart

• New folks
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 09:56:55 PM »
I just ran my first meet with the club in Sept. You'll find the people are very similar to the SCCA people in being welcoming, friendly, & really helpful. You also have the club people busting their ass to run the show just like at SCCA. I can't help you with the rules for the cars (I run a bike), but the bike rules are very straight forward & common sense based to keep us safe. I ran SCCA autocross Philly region for several years. I know many of the same guys were hillclimbing also. Good Luck.