Author Topic: Now for something completely different. The world's best pilot!  (Read 4639 times)

Offline Dean Los Angeles

Re: Now for something completely different. The world's best pilot!
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 02:22:01 AM »
Well, it used to be seeing is believing.

Not anymore. Notice the in and out of focus? Look at air show videos and you never see that. It was done to make it look "amateur". You only hear one guy calmly saying he lost the wing. Maybe two people yelling at the end. At air show accidents you can hear the entire crowd screaming.

The perspective is wrong, the engine sound is wrong, the bounce isn't right.

Still kinda fun!

Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline aircap

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 10:06:38 AM »
OK, I've looked at this about ten times and I honestly can't say it's fake.  I'll have to call a couple of aerobatic friends of mine to find out.  I can say that it's possible.  Aerobatic aircraft have better than 1:1 thrust to weight at low speed; many of them hang on the prop and do tail slides at air shows.  If it isn't fake, he fell into a spin, kept a cool head, powered onto knife edge, and threw the stick hard over just before impact.  If it was planned, he took a little too long recovering the spin for safety.

Is there anyone quoted on what was faked and how?

Here you go....
http://www.reggiepaulk.com/2008/10/killathrill-generates-huge-buzz-with.html
"Act your age, not your shoe size". - Prince

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 11:48:59 AM »
ah...bummer...to bad its now proven to be a fake... when i first saw it my thoughts were "wow, bad azz that pilot is one awesome lucky guy".... i would still like to think there are talented pilots out there that could pull something like this off....wanna prove it can be done Flyboy?
kent