Author Topic: question about documentation?  (Read 4144 times)

Offline LIGGAN

• New folks
question about documentation?
« on: October 28, 2008, 06:30:56 PM »
In the modified category rules it states......vechicles competing in the competition coupe and modified sports classes shall have documentation showing the stock vehicle BEFORE modification. My question is....what are they looking for....pics, pink slip, or ???? What is the proper documentation I will need for my chopped 55 studebaker to run in the competition coupe class? And last....what is the reason for this documentation?

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: question about documentation?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 07:11:48 PM »
I doubt that you would need much of anything with a Stude as it is so familiar.  They are looking for documentation of a car that would not be recognized by many and thus would not know if the changes you made were legal or if the car fell under the production number requirements.

Maybe Dan can add to this,

Sum

dwarner

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 11:21:48 PM »
Sum is correct. Studebakers are pretty well known. A photo of a stock '55, a sales brochure or anything of the kind will do.

The issue arises when we are looking at a lesser known vehicle. Some classes require a minimum of 500 produced, some classes require a minimum of 50 produced. Documentation of these figures are yours to research and provide. We will no longer do the research for you.  If you do not have adequate proof you will not have a record. Photos of the un-modified 1973 Whatisitarri are also needed so that we can see the changes made.

The easy days are over,
DW

Offline LIGGAN

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 12:11:49 AM »
Thanks for the info guys.....I figured as much....just didn't want to run into problems later on