Author Topic: Motorcycle Front Wheel Size  (Read 14408 times)

bak189

Re: Motorcycle Front Wheel Size
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2008, 06:50:57 PM »
O.K....O.K....it is all my fault......back in the late 1980's I was the first one with SCTA/BNI to run one of those 5 inch wheels and  Goodyear tire
(Kent is right they are aircraft tires) on the sidecar.  It took some... to get Tech. to pass it at that time. (right Tom)  After I got it passed by Tech. a couple of car people started using them.
They don't make these tires anymore and it is near impossible to find new fresh ones. So for this year BUB I replaced the 5 inch wheel with a 17 inch wheel and new tire on the sidecar side.
Now in regards to the "Luge" not being legal at
SCTA/BNI.......Willie, they have run at Bonneville
in  events using SCTA/BNI rules and records and inspected by( I believe) SCTA/BNI people..........so they must be SCTA/BNI legal...........But Hell, what do I know...........................................................................

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2008, 06:58:47 PM »
O.K....O.K....it is all my fault......back in the late 1980's I was the first one with SCTA/BNI to run one of those 5 inch wheels and  Goodyear tire
(Kent is right they are aircraft tires) on the sidecar.  It took some... to get Tech. to pass it at that time. (right Tom)  After I got it passed by Tech. a couple of car people started using them.
They don't make these tires anymore and it is near impossible to find new fresh ones. So for this year BUB I replaced the 5 inch wheel with a 17 inch wheel and new tire on the sidecar side.
Now in regards to the "Luge" not being legal at
SCTA/BNI.......Willie, they have run at Bonneville
in  events using SCTA/BNI rules and records and inspected by( I believe) SCTA/BNI people..........so they must be SCTA/BNI legal...........But Hell, what do I know...........................................................................

Bob,

It was inspected for the 150 club and as I am sure you know there are very few rules for that club compared to a car running on a 250mph record however it is more bike than car so it was passed again this year...

Offline willieworld

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2008, 07:27:40 PM »
special construction motorcycle 15 in rim is minimum ---side car class 10 in the front is minimum 5 in on the sidecar is minimum --streamliner and sidecar streamliner no minimim and thats rim size --so a luge (or any motorcycle except maybe a streamliner ) with 3 or 4 in wheels wont pass tech at a scta event--and a luge is a long way from being a streamliner --- look guys this discussion is really pretty much a waste of time ----willie buchta
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 07:35:44 PM by willieworld »
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

bak189

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2008, 07:32:47 PM »
You are right, John.......I forgot they have a 150mph. class................................................................